What's your favorite breakfast?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll start, but I can't narrow it down to one.

I adore biscuits and sausage gravy, but rarely have it.

I almost always have 2 poached eggs on rye toast, with bacon. Because I love THAT, too!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't eat breakfast very often, but on occasion I do like brunch. Eggs benedict has to be my favorite with a western omelet, hold the green peppers, coming in second.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pop w/ juice in it.
i'm not a breakfast person, either, tho luv the food.
of my fave breakfast-type food, vegemite toast rocks. & man, oh, man, i luv crispy bacon & french toast w/ syrup. on the bacon, too.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm a continental breakfast lover! I love some sort of pastry with a bowl or cut fresh fruit. Add a wedge of cheese and I'm hooked for good!

Don't misunderstand, though...I love eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc... but given a choice I'd eat a continental breakfast every single day of my life. Come to think of it...I do:wink:

chilefarmer

My home cured and smoked bacon, at least 2 eggs up, grits, biscuits with cream gravy and some kind of great preserves or jelly. Now its time to eat. Course I like other things to. This just happens to be my favorite. CF:brows:

Leni

I love a couple of slices of bacon with an egg that has a runny yolk plua a crossant with my home made apricot jam. Also love biscuits with sausage gravy.

chilefarmer

Leni, sure wish we could get good apricots here. They just bloom to early and the frost gets them. Learned to love them when I lived in California. They are huge out there.

Adillo, thats no hobo breakfast, thats fit for a king, love it. CF:brows:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My fav: Two eggs over easy, hashbrowns (like cracker barrels if possible), bacon and sour dough toast.
I also love sausage gravy w/ biscuits as another side but I've quit that for now as I'm trying to drop a few pounds.

K

Kimchee

Fried egg and bacon sandwich. With a bit of mayo.
Unless my mom returns from the beyond and makes
me her SOS, then THAT would be my fav. :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't do breakfast that often.

Lately tho when I do make it, it's been this.
Spinach omelet with 'shrooms and cheese, bacon! and toast.
:brows:
Or biscuits and gravy...

2011-11-23 19-42-20.965.jpg
2011-11-23 19-42-20.965.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M.

I wasn't planning on eating breakfast this morning but now I can't leave the house without having something like what's been talked about here!
Guess I'll go with biscuits and SOS....a breakfast fit for a lumberjack. Maybe some good smoked cheese on the side and lots of coffee to keep the engine running. DW is unexpectedly expecting, we've discovered, and she wants a peanutbutter and banana sandwich. EWWWWW! But she says it's really good, or else peanutbutter and bacon sandwiches. Equally ewww! We're going to end up having kind of a weird kid, I suspect. She's also craving jelly beans. Maybe the reincarnation of Reagan? Who knows? But I think I'll make her two poached eggs on wheat toast with bacon and hash browns this morning. Better for Junior, too, isn't it?

Ian :blush:

GotGarlic

Congrats, Ian! Yes, Mama needs extra nutrition for Junior :smile:

I eat breakfast every day - just can't get going without it. During the week, I usually have a turkey and provolone sandwich with a few slices of cucumber. Lately, I've been having a half-cup or so of plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with honey and cinnamon. Occasionally, I make quiche with leftover roasted chicken, bell peppers and Havarti and eat a slice a day for several days, with some cucumbers or fruit alongside.

I do love a traditional breakfast of eggs over easy with sausage, hash browns and toast or eggs Benedict, but the amount of fat bothers me (medical reasons), so that's rare.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Congratulations Ian and Fallon!!!!!!

I'm torn. While I do really like a big traditional "all out" breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, I also really enjoy blueberry pancakes with a mixed berry topping and pumpkin pancakes with maple whipped cream and sometimes just biscuits and gravy....what can I say......I DO LOVE BREAKFAST :blush:
008.JPG
031.JPG
015.JPG
biscuits-gravy-2.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations Ian and Fallon!!!!!!

I'm torn. While I do really like a big traditional "all out" breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, I also really enjoy blueberry pancakes with a mixed berry topping and pumpkin pancakes with maple whipped cream and sometimes just biscuits and gravy....what can I say......I DO LOVE BREAKFAST :blush:

Beautiful pics Mama!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Awww....Thank you Andy.....and to have you over for breakfast would truly be a treat for me!

Thanks LS! Toast with lots of butter....YUM!

Lefty

Yank
Surprised no one said the breakfast brought to me in bed. That truly is my favorite. #2 would be the one I get at the Knights of Columbus on the 3rd Sunday of each month. The have eggs to order, beans, biscuits, ham, sausage, sausage gravy, bacon juice coffee and just about everything else.

Mr. Green Jeans

Emeril's Savory Bread Pudding is a family favorite around the holidays. Last time I made it, subbed diced, sauteed portobellos for sausage and it still disappeared. DW and I really like the Big Apple Pancake which requires a well seasoned cast iron skillet. We also prefer a more tart apple like Honeycrisp, Gravenstein or Pacific Rose in it.
bigapple.jpg

Ian M.

Okay - hungry fella alert! Tomorrow I'm going to have breakfast in either Oregon or in Atlanta! Be prepared, you guys - I eat hearty..................
I'll leave my wife at home with the peanutbutter jar and the hand of bananas!

Ian :wink:

Ian M.

Hi all. These days I'm having to eat breakfast rather late as anything and everything is sort of sick-making early in the day. Down the road a bit I'll be eating like a whole pen full of hogs, I bet.

Mr. Green Jeans, that apple pancake looks mighty good, as does all the breakfast things Mama has on tap. Maybe I'll join Ian in Atlanta tomorrow morning.

Fallon :clap:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well grew up having large breakfasts ranging from eggs, bacon/sausage, grits/hash browns, toasts, orange juice and coffee or french toast/pancakes, bacon/sausage, orange juice and coffee. Today I rarely eat breakfast like that except on week ends and usually about 10 AM instead of 7 AM when a kid. Week days now is mostly cereal (hot or cold depending on time of year), a grape fruit or occasionally a couple of soft boiled eggs or pouched eggs with toast or danish. I never was a fan of biscuits and gravy though my wife is and makes it for herself often. Just can't handle the stuff.

Johnny West

My favorite breakfast would be smoke salmon bennie with a side of bacon.

Last night Amelia wanted pancakes for dinner and I obliged. I fried up a pound of Mulay's sausage and made Kruetez pancakes - she ate two and asked for a third but couldn't eat it.
####Mulay's Sausage.jpg
####Pancakes.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pancakes and sausages for dinner sounds like a nice change of pace!

Lee

Johnny West

I love biscuits and gravy with three eggs and bacon on the side.

Last week we had, bacon, eggs, and mini pancakes for breakfast. The bacon was my son's home smoked bacon and baked in the oven The apple wood smoke of the bacon lingered all day in the condo.