Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

FryBoy

For some reason this afternoon I had a sudden craving for a peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips in it. Odd, because I don't think I've ever HAD a peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips in it.

A quick Google search found a good one, which I modified a bit and reworked the directions for clarity, and the result was OUTSTANDING! And it's one of the easiest to make cookies I've baked in a long time, very quick to prepare.

Here's the recipe with my mods (also attached in a ready-to-print PDF file):

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt

½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
½ cup chunky peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375°.

2. Line 4 cookie sheets with parchment.

3. Mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.

4. In beater bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars on medium speed until light and smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes.

5. Add the egg to the butter mixture and mix until fluffy.

6. Add vanilla extract to batter and mix until incorporated.

7. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture about ⅓ at a time, mixing after each addition until just blended.

8. Add the chocolate chips and mix gently until even distributed throughout the dough.

9. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, 12 to a sheet, about 2 inches apart.

10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375°.

11. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for a minute or two, then transfer to racks to cool completely

Makes about 4 dozen 2-inch cookies.

504190903_CzG59-XL.jpg

Attachments

• Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I agree with Sass and a lovely ice cold glass of skim milk. mmmmmcookies.

fwiw, I really like peanut butter cookies will milk chocolate chips, too. It is a nice variation.

Abby

More coffee please
Super Site Supporter
How do you get them to look so fluffy? Everytime I bake cookies, no matter what kind, they always fall and look flat. What am I doing wrong?

FryBoy

How do you get them to look so fluffy? Everytime I bake cookies, no matter what kind, they always fall and look flat. What am I doing wrong?
Just guessing here, but I would suspect too much butter or shortening, not enough flour, or the wrong temperature.

It could also be your cookie sheets. I've gone through several over the years and think the ones I have now, made by Chicago Metallic of aluminized steel, are by far the best available. I line them with parchment, which is naturally non-stick and can be reused for several batches. Allow the sheets to cool completely between batches. When you take the cookies out of the oven, leave them on the sheets for a minute or two, then slide the parchment off the sheet to cool on the counter for a minute, and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack as soon as they start to firm up.

I think if you follow my directions to the letter you should be OK. I try to make them as complete and specific as I can for the sake of my daughter, who is a brilliant lawyer but something of a dunce in the kitchen.

Baking is like chemistry: amounts, times, and temperatures are critical to the outcome, much more so than when making a stew or casserole or something like that.

Last edited: