Pork Tenderloin with Seasoned Rub

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was really easy and quick! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/pork-tenderloin-with-seasoned-rub-recipe/index.html

Next time, I would skip the minced garlic (too easy to burn - I wiped it out of the pan). I roasted the pork in the same cast iron skillet I browned it in.

Took it to 140 degrees internal temp and it only took about 15 minutes. Perfect!

Lee

P.S. It's a pain to try to copy and paste the recipe, but it's wicked easy to type this one.

Rub the pork with any seasoning mixture you like (McCormick's has good ones). Ingredients such as garlic powder, cumin, oregano, thyme, and salt are excellent with this.

Preheat oven to 450.

Heat 1T olive oil in cast iron or oven proof pan. Brown pork on all sides, about 10 minutes. Place skillet in oven and continue to cook pork 20 minutes or so, until meat is 140 degrees.

Rest before slicing.

Attachments

• Pork tenderloin 1 resting.JPG
    Pork tenderloin 1 resting.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 999
  • Pork tenderloin 2 sliced.JPG
    Pork tenderloin 2 sliced.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Pork tenderloin 3 plated.JPG
    Pork tenderloin 3 plated.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 986
Last edited:

LADawg

Looks like it would taste as good as it looks. We have pork tenderloin often. For the money it's a good buy.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight I used McCormick's Chicken rub.

I preheated a 14 inch cast iron skillet in the 450 oven, before browning both tenderloins.

Again, took 15 minutes in the oven to get to 140, rested for 10 minutes.

Served with baby Yukon Gold smashed potatoes and dilled cabbage.

Lee

Attachments

• Pork tenderloin.JPG
    Pork tenderloin.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 956
  • Pork tenderloin dinner.JPG
    Pork tenderloin dinner.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 978

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks good Lee.

I missed this when you originally posted it.

Here you go:

Pork Tenderloin with Seasoned Rub Recipe

Level: Easy
Total: 35 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt
1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450°F.
In separate bowl mix dry ingredients such as garlic powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, thyme and salt.
Stir mixture with a fork until all the ingredients are well combined and they form a seasoning.
This will be used as a rub to ensure the pork is well seasoned throughout.
Sprinkle the rub over the tenderloin with a dry hand, then rub the pork with the seasoning over both sides of the meat, pressing gently so the seasoning adheres well to the tenderloin.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté, stirring, for 1 minute.
Put tenderloin in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, searing each side using tongs to turn the meat. Transfer meat to a roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Slice and serve.

Pasted from <https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/pork-tenderloin-with-seasoned-rub-recipe-1917382>

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great, thanks, Peep!

I omitted the fresh garlic this last time and it was a good call.

Lee