Arugula-Proscuitto Pizza

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Since I messed up and accidentally omitted the proscuitto (again) from the Eggplant Rollatini I made this week, I looked up recipes so I could use the proscuitto I spent so much money on.

I am terrible at forming pizzas from store-bought dough, but otherwise, this was pretty good. I would make it again, but would toss the arugula and sliced shallots with a little Italian dressing instead of the lemon vinagrette.

Lee

Arugula-Proscuitto Pizza

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/arugula-prosciutto-pizza-recipe-1973868

Ingredients
1 pound prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
All-purpose flour, for dusting
Cornmeal, for dusting
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, grated
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 cups baby arugula
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
Shaved parmesan cheese, for topping

Directions

1. Place a pizza stone or upside-down baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch round. Transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or another upside-down baking sheet; slide the dough onto the hot pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl with the garlic, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Remove the pizza from the oven, brush with the olive oil mixture and top with the ricotta and mozzarella. Return the pizza to the oven; bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 6 more minutes.

3. Meanwhile, toss the arugula and shallot in a large bowl with the lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Top the pizza with the arugula salad, prosciutto and shaved parmesan. Cut into slices.

Attachments

• Proscuitto arugula pizza.JPG
    Proscuitto arugula pizza.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 991

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Try using Mama Mary pizza crusts. I like them. Thin and crispy.

084E5AD9-D803-43B6-847D-C590CFB1DEB8.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think I've seen those Mama Mary pizza crusts, but can't remember which store?
They were only at one.
Should have grabbed some.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I buy the pack with 3 personal size crust. Everyone makes their own. Put unused in freezer for another time.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I cook in 500F oven on pizza stone for about 3 minutes. Or till cheese is melted.