lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
There are several choices:

1. Chili over rice
  2. Pumpkin Waffles
  3. Spinach Tagliatelle Alfredo
With a salad on the side.

Whats on your menu and is there enough for 1 more?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's a chicken soup night here....it's 59 degrees in New Orleans this morning!!

Ronjohn

I have absolutely no idea yet. I'm sure it's going to be some variation on "What can we make with "x"? Because it's all we have." tonight.

More interested in coffee at the moment, anyways ;)

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm waiting to see what SousChef and her sister come up with for dinner. I told tham "it's not my turn tonight."

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think I am zeroing in on chili over brown rice. And hopefully some sort of salad.

Phiddlechik

working on sourdough, working on my blog, have my first class of this semester tonight. Two sections, 20 adult students in each section.
Cincinnati Coney Dogs and pretzels with cheesy mustard dip.
here's a pic of my sourdough starter (featuring it next week, so experimenting with it now)

Attachments

• DSCN0158.jpg
    DSCN0158.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 143

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Your starter looks pretty lively, PC. I have a friend who has been laboring to get a sourdough starter established, and of course, I am hopeful, because he'll share it with me. So far, no success. Maybe it is just too warm and humid here. He thinks it might have something to do with the flour additives they use here. Good luck on your class tonight, and remember to have fun!

Phiddlechik

Thanks! I put the "how I did it" on my blog... used a great starter flour (IMO), and nudged it from the get-go with potato water. I'm in the process of making biscuits now.

K

Kimchee

Citrus cajun baked salmon, garlicky bok choy and daikon stirfry, and Peep's Sesame Noodles!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
No cooking today - leftovers (chicken pasta salad for me, pork cutlets for Jerry) for lunch, and we're meeting some friends at Tacos Itzel for dinner.

mhend

It's gonna be pasta for us too. We have lots of the London Broil left from last night, so we'll use that up too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Bunless ground sirloin burgers- and a wedge salad... no idea what else.
That may be enough.

lilylove

If and when I ever get off the computer and start my day I'll be making Navy bean soup. Beans soaked over night and are ready to go. I'm not though. :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I think I'm going to make Alligator Gumbo tonight. Since there is no way DW will eat that, looks like it's all mine. With that being the case, I'll go ahead and add some Andouille sausage to it, and will probably use Okra instead of Filet powder to thicken it.

Guess I better grab a pork chop or something for DW when I hit the market after work. :lol:

Leni

Stuffed bell peppers with rice and broccoli. If the peaches are ripe enough I'll make a cobbler for dessert.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'd stay w/ file! lol, okra & me, we ain't pals & that. j/k; may you have a merry dinner.

i'm hankering 4 a yoplait thick/creamy yogurt (that used 2 be custard-style), that creamsicle type 1. or a 'nilla 1. luv those. i may well pickle a few items tomite.....
as 4 now, my candy & pop.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
tomato slices & a pickle-spear would be ummm w/ that burger:wub:
I've got some of the Claussen bread and butter sandwich slices, so that and yes.. maybe tomato.. definitely onion, cheese and chili sauce. :smile:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
SousChef's sister has been visiting for TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been working all day and coming home to the two of them sitting in front of the TV, waiting for dinner - every day! On the weekends, they waited for breakfast & lunch, too.

Today, when I left for work, I told them that it was their turn to fix dinner tonight. I just called home to see if they needed anything from the store, and was told we're having a free-for-all on the leftovers in the fridge. Everyone gets to help themself to whatever they want from the little containers.

So much for their turn!

GotGarlic

I'm going to make a big pot of spaghetti sauce and use some for dinner tonight - spaghetti, green salad and garlic bread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chili over brown rice topped with shredded cheddar, sour cream and green onions.

chili_brown_rice_100410_P1060404.JPG

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Silver Sage said:
I just called home to see if they needed anything from the store, and was told we're having a free-for-all on the leftovers in the fridge.

Sounds like they took the easy way out! You still have to eat what you have cooked...I would definitely go on strike tomorrow if I were you.:huh::huh::huh:

And Peeps, your chili looks SO good. I don't know why we never eat chili that way (on rice) - I think it is a regional thing. I am in charge of making the chili for our nonprofit group (Amigos de Bucerias) for a charity chili cook-off next month. We need five gallons of chili to enter, so I've recruited four other people, we'll agree on a recipe, and each make one gallon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you mhend and Karen!!

Good luck on the cook off Karen!! I like beans in mine.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks good Peeps! I've never had chili over rice.

We had some leftover mac & cheese and broccoli so, I made a chuck roast in the pressure cooker and made some open faced roast beef sandwiches to go with.

Attachments

• dinner10042010.jpg
    dinner10042010.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 88

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good Peeps! I've never had chili over rice.

We had some leftover mac & cheese and broccoli so, I made a chuck roast in the pressure cooker and made some open faced roast beef sandwiches to go with.
Thank you Mama! My family has always served chili over rice.

I want your dinner!! I love mac and cheese with beef & gravy (one of my favs is salisbury steak & mac and cheese with onion gravy over BOTH)!! YUMMY!!

K

Kimchee

Cajun Citrus Salmon, topped with slivered green onions, garlic and tomatoes, then baked.
Peep's Sesame Noodles (yum!)
Garlicky Buttery Bok Choy, with sweet peppers, green onions, mushrooms....

Attachments

• SalmonBokChoySesNoods.jpg
    SalmonBokChoySesNoods.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 86