Ground Sirloin Burgers (Grilled)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This recipe requires a food processor with a chopping blade. Or, you can just buy ground sirloin. However, it is FAR cheaper to buy large sirloin steaks and grind them yourself. All-in-all, this is really a recipe to remind you what your food processor can do. It's EASY to have fresh ground meat any day you like for the grill!

Ground Sirloin Burgers (Grilled)

Ingredients

1.5 lbs Sirloin Steak
1 Tbsp minced Garlic
1/4 cup chopped Leeks
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

Optional:
2 Jalapenos roughly chopped
1 Tbsp soy

Procedure

Cut steak into 1/2” to 3/4” cubes. Place half the cubes and half the remaining ingredients in a food processor with the chopping blade installed. Pulse for 5 seconds. Remove the ground meat and repeat with the remaining ingredients.

Form ground meat into 1/4 lb patties and grill 3 minutes per side, 6 minutes total. Don’t overcook as Sirloin can become dry. It helps to brush the meat with Olive Oil prior to hitting the grill.

Coat buns with butter and grill or pan fry bun till crispy. Add Patties and favorite toppings. Burgers done!

Step_1-18.jpg

Step_2-18.jpg

Step_3-15.jpg

Step_4-14.jpg

Step_5-11.jpg

Step_6-10.jpg

Step_7-8.jpg

Step_8-6.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What I like about it is that, it WAS a sirloin steak, and I turned it into 4 Sirloin brugers with lots of flavor.

Uh, can anyone tell I recently got a new food processor???

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What kind did you get?

Nothing special. It's a Black and Decker. Actually, DW picked it up for me, and I ain't complaining. :yum:

It's pretty strong. I bet I could grind rocks in this thing. The motor is tough! :lol:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I used to have a Black and Decker and it lasted for a lot of years!

chowhound

Good tip on the FP use. I don't use mine nearly enough. Now maybe I will. I thought you needed a grinder to make gound meat. If they had sent a DVD with it instead of a VHS, I'd probably know what all I can do with it (lol).

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's great for grinding meat. I have one of those meat grinder attachment for my KA that I used once and blood splattered everywhere....haven't used it since. I only use the FP now.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It's great for grinding meat. I have one of those meat grinder attachment for my KA that I used once and blood splattered everywhere....haven't used it since. I only use the FP now.

:yum::yum::yum:

Sorry, but I bet that was a hoot......The Georgia Kitchen Massacre, blood everywhere, can you make it out alive????? :lol:

:oops:

Reminds me of when I was shaking a ketchup bottle to get the last bit down to the opening and didn't realize the flip-top wasn't snapped shut. I splattered ketchup all over the table, wall, ceiling, and DW. :pat:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looking back, it's funny...but at the time, if the person who had designed the damn thing had been in my kitchen, they probably wouldn't have made it out alive :yum: I was pissed to say the least...all over everything within 6 feet.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Looking back, it's funny...but at the time, if the person who had designed the damn thing had been in my kitchen, they probably wouldn't have made it out alive :yum: I was pissed to say the least...all over everything within 6 feet.

OMG! You're killing me here! :yum::yum::yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

CRAP! :yum:

I’m sorry, really, but I’m tearing up here. I can so imagine you in the kitchen, you hook everything up, put the meat in and turn on the KA. Whirrrrr……..SPLOOSH. Blood everyhwere and you standing there for a second going…..Huh? Then DAMMIT as it sinks in what just happened! Oh…..whew…..I’ve so been there!!! :lol: :thumb:

Love2"Q"

i really like the idea of grinding your own meat ..
i would feel comfertable with making the burgers
medium instead of well .. i do not fool about with
ground meat ..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
CRAP! :yum:

I’m sorry, really, but I’m tearing up here. I can so imagine you in the kitchen, you hook everything up, put the meat in and turn on the KA. Whirrrrr……..SPLOOSH. Blood everyhwere and you standing there for a second going…..Huh? Then DAMMIT as it sinks in what just happened! Oh…..whew…..I’ve so been there!!! :lol: :thumb:

Yep...that pretty much summed it up....:angry: