Ruth Chris's Steak House - Boston

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I received a very generous gift certificate to Ruth Chris's last year, because I said that I'd never had a truly great steak.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this place! Here are four reasons why.

First, I love the building itself - the old Boston city hall. High ceilings, antique light fixtures ... beautiful.

Second, I love the aroma. Everywhere you go, you smell the savory scent of steaks cooked in butter. Making my mouth water just thinking about it now.

Third, I love the service. Everyone is friendly, professional and engaging, making us feel important, but without fawning over us.

Fourth, I loved the steak! No question, hands down, the very best steak I've ever tasted. Perfectly prepared and presented.

The grilled ahi tuna appetizer was fantastic. The chopped salad was good, but didn't knock my socks off.

The mushrooms as a side dish were not very good - if they weren't canned, they tasted like it. The baked potato was ENORMOUS - three of us shared it and still didn't finish it.

Because all 3 of us had birthdays close together, the staff brought us each a different dessert (we had only ordered a creme brulee, just to taste). All were delicious.

I had enough left on my gift certificate to go back another time for a special they were offering. Both of us got the "mixed grill" (exquisite boursin-stuffed chicken breast, perfect petit filet mignon, and a luscious crabcake) and it, too, was superlative!

I don't go out to eat very often, and I most certainly don't go to expensive restaurants as this one is. But I enjoyed every single minute of Ruth's in Boston - both times!

I did the tourist thing, and took pictures the first time. :blush:

Lee

ruthchris1qm2.jpg

Beautiful architecture throughout

ruthchris6searedahitunaiu6.jpg

ruthchris5choppedsaladky2.jpg

ruthchris7jl9.jpg

ruthchris9ug9.jpg

ruthchris10dessertskc4.jpg

Last edited:

smoke king

Banned
Lee, I must agree, Ruths Chris is an amazing, albeit pricey restaurant. I have had the opportunity to eat at several of their locations (you knew they were a chain, right?) over the years, and I have never had a bad dish !!

Right now, I'm wishing there was one in Omaha!!!

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
We took my parents out to a Ruth Chris for their anniversary this past December. Should have seen our waiters face when I pulled out my Carter neck knife to cut my steak ;)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
We are fortunate with a glut of swanky steakhouses around here. Unfortunately, when I take my mom to one, she tells me we should go to her dad's. She claims that The Woodland Steakhouse is the best and there is no arguing with her. My grandpa died when I was two. My grandfather use to fabricate his own meat and all his steaks were prime. They were served on wooden planks with mushrooms and onions, raw fried potatoes and salads were served on the side with Maytag blue cheese, All meals came with French bread and butter. My mom taught me how to make the meal as it was my dad's favorite. (He served other dishes as well). It was often what we had on Valentine's Day and I would make a special chocolate dessert.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
OH Man!!! Does that look great and not bring back memories!!! It has been ages since I have eaten there, and my mom's personal favorite. I love this place Qsis!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Elaine l

that looks great and is on my list of places to dine....hmmmm funny thing.... I have a birthday coming up....

Tickle Me Elmo

We've eaten at the Washington, DC location. Phenomenal service, ambience and food. Probably the best restaurant steak I've ever had. Don't know how much the meal cost because someone else picked up the tab.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend and I needed a little respite from elder parent care, so we went for a 24-hour luxury vacation. Stayed at the historic, elegant Omni Parker House in Boston, bar-hopped to our favorite haunts, walked around the Boston Common and Public Garden, had cocktails ($38 for two cocktails before tip) and PERFECT petit filets at Ruth Chris', across the street from the hotel.

Had fun all day, and ghost-hunted the hotel last night. Croque Monsieur baguettes breakfast at Cafe Bonjour, then visited the amazing Boston Public Library.

REALLY needed the break!

Lee

Parker House beds.JPG

Make Way for Ducklings sculptures
Make Way for Ducklings.JPG

Wearing Willie O'Ree's Bruins jersey number - retired and lifted to the rafters last night. First black player in the NHL.
Make Way for Ducklings, Willie O'Ree's jerseys.JPG

Christine at Ruth Chris' bar, 1.18.22.JPG

Ruth Chris's steak.JPG

Crocque Monsieur, Bonjour Cafe.JPG

BPL Reading Room (Bates).JPG

Attachments

• Parker House living room.JPG
    Parker House living room.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 3

Ironman

🍺
A friend and I needed a little respite from elder parent care, so we went for a 24-hour luxury vacation. Stayed at the historic, elegant Omni Parker House in Boston, bar-hopped to our favorite haunts, walked around the Boston Common and Public Garden, had cocktails ($38 for two cocktails before tip) and PERFECT petit filets at Ruth Chris', across the street from the hotel.

Had fun all day, and ghost-hunted the hotel last night. Croque Monsieur baguettes breakfast at Cafe Bonjour, then visited the amazing Boston Public Library.

REALLY needed the break!

Lee

View attachment 47461

Make Way for Ducklings sculptures
View attachment 47459

Wearing Willie O'Ree's Bruins jersey number - retired and lifted to the rafters last night. First black player in the NHL.
View attachment 47460

View attachment 47455

View attachment 47456

View attachment 47457

View attachment 47458
Awesome! :cool:

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll 2nd that. Awesome. Great that you could do that with your friend. Looks fantastic!!!!!