What is Your Weather?

Johnny West

It's 31°F (-1°C) with frequent wind gusts. We lost power about 0630 so made a fire in the stove. It took several hours for the power to come back on and has gone off intermittently. It's to be sunny the rest of the week then rain moves in for the week's end.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
- Periods of light snow. High 16F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

- Some clouds this evening will give way to mainly clear skies overnight. Low near 10F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Just enough snow to allow me to lay low today. The Challenger doesn't function well on snow...
28 and falling......

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Right now
5°F
Feels Like: -7°
-----
A mix of clouds and sun. High near 15F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Johnny West

It's been raining several days here with a bit of sleet yesterday - mid 40's. It's been snowing up north of here and we have snow predicted for Monday. I look forward to Spring.

Johnny West

It poured snow all day yesterday and is still snowing.
The mrs works nights and took the Land Rover to work
but will still worry till she gets home. We must have 10 inches
or more here and they don't clear our street, either.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today: Windy...thunderstorms likely this morning ...continued blustery with rain likely during the afternoon. High 58F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Tonight: Cloudy. Gusty winds this evening. Low 34F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Embryodad

We are doing a Happy Dance here.....
They are predicting 6 to 10 inches of snow ( I say only 5 ) in NWNJ
But that's ok. There will be a lot of cooking and appetites, and eating it all; while watching the snow fall.
We will be up at 4 am watching for it. It's a fast moving storm, but that's ok. We'll take all we can get!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We are doing a Happy Dance here.....
They are predicting 6 to 10 inches of snow ( I say only 5 ) in NWNJ
But that's ok. There will be a lot of cooking and appetites, and eating it all; while watching the snow fall.
We will be up at 4 am watching for it. It's a fast moving storm, but that's ok. We'll take all we can get!

Hey, Jimmy - who does the shoveling at your house?

I haven't seen anyone that excited about a snow storm since I was in grammar school, LOL!

Lee

Embryodad

Hey, Jimmy - who does the shoveling at your house?

I haven't seen anyone that excited about a snow storm since I was in grammar school, LOL!

Lee
Years ago up until we turned 70, Tina and I shoveled.
The kids, helped ( Only if they wanted $$$ mun-eee ) and figuring dad will give it to them.
Now, the kids live close, but have their own to shovel. God forbid they should offer to help clean for us.
WE have a young man that offers to shovel, and we use him. Today, the side neighbors and ( Drum Roll Please!) Our Grand Daughter, believe it or not, volunteered to clean off the cars and the porches. Again.... $$$$ ..... It's fun night at the bar that the college kids frequent; so I guess she knows PaPa here, will give her some money for her help. LOL

Besides doing happy dances during a snowfall, silly @$$ jimmy here, went outside, and brought in a container of snow, for great grandson Liam could see it close up.
He took one look, as if to say,"Whatta You crazy ??"

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Crazy stuff !

We've been knocking on 70's door all week, even breaking two records along the way........ woke up this A.M. to 30 degrees and a WC of 17 ! Flurries later today.......

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
66 degrees yesterday - a beautiful sunny spring day.....

It's snowing now ! CURSE YOU, GROUNDHOG !!

0511-0904-1500-5564.jpg
0511-1311-0709-0713.jpg

Embryodad

Happy Happy over here!
Got some snow ( 5" ) and unwinding down now. Just so happy to get some!
Appetites are raging too! Got a pot of rice and beans cookin on the stove to go wit the weather.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We are in an icebox, and will be for days - 20 degrees below normal......... then there's that Nor'easter coming Monday night............ How come you can't find a kid whose willing to shovel anymore........ (sigh!):soapbox:

Embryodad

We are in an icebox, and will be for days - 20 degrees below normal......... then there's that Nor'easter coming Monday night............ How come you can't find a kid whose willing to shovel anymore........ (sigh!):soapbox:
It's funny you had mentioned finding a kid to shovel snow!
The wife and I were talking about how in the 50's, we would march the neighborhood; shovel on back, and asking "You want your sidewalks shoveled?".... "25cents!"...
And they would come back with, "OK, but the whole width, and not just a shovel wide path!"..... NOW! ... fugetit! $25.00 is hard to get a kid to shovel.
The last time ( last year ) I payed 30.00 + 5.00 each car. 2 young kids were done in 1 hour with 10 inches of snow.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
YUP !

I'm offering ten bucks an inch, and still get no takers...... signs posted in all three grocery stores/Deli's, and no phone calls !

Like you, Embryodad, I shoveled for $ after we moved into town, and "cleaned up" from the older neighbors doing driveways and shoveling out parked cars....... just one more piece of Americana gone...

BTW, they are calling for 8-to-12 here, so I'd better hit the bank today............

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My guy charges $35 to clear my parking spot and clean off my car. I give him an extra $5. He's in his 20's, very good and very reliable.

Tonight will be the third time this winter I've had him (and my senior neighbors, too).

I thank heavens for him - well worth the $40.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck to all you in the north eastern part of the country.

We got the cold an a 40% chance of a little white stuff. They said up to an inch but realistically most likely no accumulation.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Around here we got a little snow, just enough to make the roads slippery for the drive home last night.