Saturday 1/7/2012 What's on the menu?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just talked to DW and we are trying Chowderman's comfort food recipe: Beans and Franks.

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20564&highlight=beans+franks

We haven't had that for years and years. Sure sounds good though. :D
Well ...... we tried the beans and franks recipe today. Didn't work out so good. We had double the ingredients all in the oven set at 350, that was to hot. DW was busy so I was stirring every 45 minutes to get the crust mixed in. I should have pulled em out at 2 1/2 hours. Even before the next 45 minute timer went off DW smelled something burning. Dangit. They were burnt bad. :hide: So ... looks like we are going out to dinner tonight. LegHorns Anyone?

Edit to add:
As I tell Chowder over in his thread, this was all my fault. There will be a next time sometime soon.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Feels like a bug is coming on...been lazy and chest congested all afternoon after a busy morning, and took a two hour nap. DS was here last weekend and was pretty sick. Oh well...

DW defrosted some chicken rice soup, and that sounds good. Made honey whole wheat bread this morning, so we'll have some of that with the soup.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Homemade eggrolls here. I've been wanting them, so I just went out and got all the stuff to satisfy my craving.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Homemade eggrolls here. I've been wanting them, so I just went out and got all the stuff to satisfy my craving.
You have ESP? Get out of my head there are to many of us here already!! :whistling: LOL I have been wanting to try making homemade veggie eggrolls. Earlier I told my DD I felt like making won ton soup and egg rolls.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Bummer Doc. I hate when things like that happen.

I hope you get to feeling better JoeV

I've always wanted to try my hand at eggrolls too Cooksie!

We had hamburger steaks, scalloped potatoes and green beans in a little while.

Embryodad

Mommy "T" made her lasagna last night. We set it in refrigeration overnight.

We baked it this afternoon..and just finished eating.

She did a great job. Used the standard wide boxed noodles but she didn't cook them. I told her that when you bake the uncooked noodles..they absorb the sauce, and come out perfect.

Just have to remember to add more sauce than usual.

This type of lasagna was made with a cheese sauce with melted provalone and mozzarella cheeses in a cream sauce. Love it!

I had two big pieces...

Our friend Mary came up from Denville, and she lives close to Anthony & sons Bakery. We told her to not show up, unless she came with three loaves of bread.

Blew the diet today..but ahhhhhh...it was worth it!

:readytoeat:

43956535.jpg

26d3643f.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That looks wonderful Jimmy. I never did a white sauce I always use ricotta, mozzarella, romano, parmesan and eggs.

Embryodad

That looks wonderful Jimmy. I never did a white sauce I always use ricotta, mozzarella, romano, parmesan and eggs.
Thanks peep...Yeah! all that is in there...the ricotta and mootze...but then also the creamy cheese sauce in between and on top the layers.

We always add eggs to the ricotta. Like three for the big pot of cheese.
We like Poly O Cheese too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks peep...Yeah! all that is in there...the ricotta and mootze...but then also the creamy cheese sauce in between and on top the layers.

We always add eggs to the ricotta. Like three for the big pot of cheese.
We like Poly O Cheese too.
I like polly and shop-rite.

Nancy-MD

Mommy "T" made her lasagna last night. We set it in refrigeration overnight.

We baked it this afternoon..and just finished eating.

She did a great job. Used the standard wide boxed noodles but she didn't cook them. I told her that when you bake the uncooked noodles..they absorb the sauce, and come out perfect.

Just have to remember to add more sauce than usual.

This type of lasagna was made with a cheese sauce with melted provalone and mozzarella cheeses in a cream sauce. Love it!

I had two big pieces...

Our friend Mary came up from Denville, and she lives close to Anthony & sons Bakery. We told her to not show up, unless she came with three loaves of bread.

Blew the diet today..but ahhhhhh...it was worth it!

:readytoeat:

43956535.jpg

26d3643f.jpg
That lasagna looks delicious, Jimmy! My next lasagna, I'm going to try it with the white sauce in between the layers, or at least the middle layer. It sounds so good.

Tonight we had some lovely large flounder filets topped with mayo & lots of freshly ground black pepper & then baked until golden brown. Served with a Knorr garlic pasta shell mix & fresh steamed broccoli/cauliflower/baby carrots.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have some kind of fish thawed- lemme read the label- okay. it's mahi-mahi. i really would like chix/corn stew, 'cept i couldn't haven't got regular whole milk. i'm cooking the chix tho, too, for another nite. a veggie. not too hungry, so probably not a starch.

All the hot dog "Hoopla," had me craving hot dogs. lol. (Sorry about your dinner, Doc.) I had some Agnolotti pasta salad on the side.

Everyone's dinners sound & look great.

ED, love the lasagna.

I've been craving white lasagna, & saved the link below; but have to backtrack to get the amounts for the filling. (Apparently, the filling was left over from making tortellini.) I could prob wing it.

http://thevillagecook.com/white-lasagna-with-basil-and-spinach/#more-6192

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Easy dinner-

Soup amd Sandwich's- Tomato & 2-grilled Cheese.
Planning on a big bowl of chocolate chipmint for desert.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
tonight was a Thai Peanut kit with marinated pork.... it was very good actually...but i think i would rather of had some lasagna from Jimmy.....Care package expressed mailed to me Jimmy?..lol

for you eggroll peoples...so many varieties you can do...bacon,cream cheese and spring onions are my favorite... :)
thaikitchen.jpg

tonight was a Thai Peanut kit with marinated pork.... it was very good actually...but i think i would rather of had some lasagna from Jimmy.....Care package expressed mailed to me Jimmy?..lol

for you eggroll peoples...so many varieties you can do...bacon,cream cheese and spring onions are my favorite... :)
thaikitchen.jpg

I want those noodles too!!! lol

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I want those noodles too!!! lol

that brand is a staple for me... i cant buy the ingredients,spices or what not cheaper than the whole kit for $2.28...i usually add large amounts of veggies,more peanut sauce,meat,sprouts.... tonight it was just marinated fried pork with onions, mixed all together