TGIFriday, 1/7/2011, Whats on the menu today?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
RECIPES!! I NEED RECIPES!! Adopt me!! HEY wheres the garlic bread? YUMMY!!
You forced me to update my website to add a page for the pasta links (sometimes I need a push to add things.) Go here for the pasta recipe(s), and the Alfredo sauce is here.

The chicken breast was seasoned with fresh ground pepper, onion & garlic powders and Lowrey's seasoning salt. They are pan fried on medium heat in a non-stick pan lightly coated with EVOO. Cover the pan and cook until done, flipping the fillets occasionally. You will have a caramelized look to the chicken when done.

With all the pasta we had, we didn't even miss having bread. One starch in such a volume is enough for us. I need to keep my boyish figure.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Joe V could you share your recipe for your pasta. I assume you use your measurements by weight. I'm at the end of my spinach pasta and I'm going to make some fresh pasta this weekend. I'd like to try your recipe. If you don't mind sharing it with me. Are you using semolina flour? I have about four or five different kinds of flour here at the house regular AP, wheat, KASL,semolina, General Mills cake flour and I have a bag of restaurant and hotel flour also. I am curious to know if you're using one egg per hundred grams of flour and how much hydration you're using. Thanks in advance.
Kim

I just posted this for Peeps. My dough is the basic pasta dough that everyone uses. I also use whole wheat and sometimes fine semolina when I can get it from the Italian store, and mixes thereof just for fun. I like the nutty flavor of stoneground whole wheat flour, and use it with 50% AP unbleached for most of my pasta. I've also changed my English Muffin recipe to use half whole wheat. the flavor is incredible with good flour, and the added fiber is just a bonus, but is not the reason to use it. It's all about flavor..

Guts

thank you Joe. I have some whole wheat flour. I'll give it a try and post my results. Thanks again I appreciate you taking the time to post up a reply.

Here's my supper tonight sausage and onion pizza made with emergency dough that is, it has IDY instant dry yeast in it and not my usual sourdough. And the last of my fresh spinach pasta with Alfredo sauce.

Attachments

• 1 7 11 005.jpg
    1 7 11 005.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 108

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It all looks great. I don't get overly excited over the sourdough, as I use it mainly for the flavor, and not for the leavening it provides. I've gotten to the point in life where being a purist at anything is no longer important to me, and certainly not important to most other people. If you like using it that's great, and if you like using commercial yeast that's good too. What I find I really enjoy is using 1/2 the required yeast and putting the dough through a 12-18 hour cold proof in the fridge. It's amazing the additional flavor that is drawn out with a slow, cold fermentation.

buckytom

Grill Master
nice jobs on the pastas, joev and guts!! :applause:

i ended up running to the store when i got up this afternoon for our drinking water supply, and picked up a few extras: ground lamb, boneless chicken breasts, soy milk, eggs, butter, milk, and of course, water.

so, after dw made ground turkey cheese burgers with american cheese (gack! they have an R value), i made lamb burgers with shallot and chive boursin cheese.

both burgers were topped with romaine, chopped onion, and tomato, and dw made steak fries and baked beans for sides.

the lamb cheeseburgers were fantastic with the boursin. dw doesn't like lamb very much, but she loved these because of how the cheese and accompaniments work with the lamb.

i don't think i can get her to eat med-style lamb meatballs yet, but the burgers are a go for the future.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Are you saying you had dinner twice? Is that why you're posting after midnight?:yum: What a combination...bovine burgers and then making Maryhada burgers. I really like the combination on the Mathada burgers. I just saw ground lamb (along with shoulder, chops ,shank and frenched rack) at Super Wal-Mart of all places, so I'm gonna see if they still have it today and try it. I rarely, if ever, see lamb it in our regular grocery stores .Of course, this is a redneck, blue collar po-folk town, and if it's over $3.99/lb they really get their undies ina bunch and start picketing the store.:yum:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You forced me to update my website to add a page for the pasta links (sometimes I need a push to add things.) Go here for the pasta recipe(s), and the Alfredo sauce is here.

The chicken breast was seasoned with fresh ground pepper, onion & garlic powders and Lowrey's seasoning salt. They are pan fried on medium heat in a non-stick pan lightly coated with EVOO. Cover the pan and cook until done, flipping the fillets occasionally. You will have a caramelized look to the chicken when done.

With all the pasta we had, we didn't even miss having bread. One starch in such a volume is enough for us. I need to keep my boyish figure.
I have a big stick that should reach Ohio!! Let me know the next time ya needa poke!! LOL Thank you Joe!! Oh BTW once the little munchkin starts walking/running you won't have any problem with keeping your boyish figure!! LOL

I think Bucky had 1 gobble and 1 baaaaaa burger LOL!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You guys are making me want to drag out the pasta machine :D.

Buffalo wings:

BuffaloWings.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You guys are making me want to drag out the pasta machine :D.

Buffalo wings:

BuffaloWings.jpg
OH LORD that looks YUMMY!!

I also verified the location of my pasta machine! LOL

Now I want fresh pasta and fried chicken!! :yum:

Guts

It all looks great. I don't get overly excited over the sourdough, as I use it mainly for the flavor, and not for the leavening it provides. I've gotten to the point in life where being a purist at anything is no longer important to me, and certainly not important to most other people. If you like using it that's great, and if you like using commercial yeast that's good too. What I find I really enjoy is using 1/2 the required yeast and putting the dough through a 12-18 hour cold proof in the fridge. It's amazing the additional flavor that is drawn out with a slow, cold fermentation.

Joe when I mentioned sourdough in my post. I was trying to say. I use a sourdough recipe for my pizza skins. The sourdough starts with a first starter then 72 hours later I make a second starter or feed than 72 hours later make a intermediate dough then 48 to 72 hours after that rises I will make my sourdough which I will make in to pizza balls with my sourdough. I use no yeast whatsoever it's all natural yeast in the flour and my culture. The first and second starters sit on the counter for about an hour than the rest of the time is in the refrigerator and they come somewhat up to temperature. I know what you're saying about a cold rise in developing taste and it is all about the taste. When I feed them or making the intermediate dough then back to the refrigerator when making pizza dough. I make the balls and they go right in the refrigerator, to be used 1-4 days later. I met someone from pizza making.com that lives close by me. He showed me how to make my sourdough. He's been making for years he like yourself make some beautiful loaves of bread. I'm not that talented in my bread making skills. As far as homemade bread last night I made some semolina bread seems to be my favorite right now.