Epic Prime Rib

GrillinFool

I know that prime rib freaks people out because it's so friggin expensive. But it's so easy to do and so amazing. Here is our second installment of prime rib on the grill, this time braised with Andria's throughout the process. It was an amazing night. The prime rib was incredible, the red wine was amazing and the poker was fantastic. Oh yeah, the companionship was great too!!

Here is a link to the step by step, picture by picture (more than 40 pictures) of how to grill prime rib just like the way we did it...

APR10-1024x680.jpg

APR23-1024x680.jpg

APR35-1024x680.jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Fantastic. :eek:
That looks so awesome. I had to share it over on FF. :D :thumb:
I can't wait to try this myself.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
WTG Fool. Thanks for the reference. Man, I just want to chomp on those garlic heads....

Steak4Me

I did this two years ago for Christmas and now my family demands I do it every year. Nothing beats prime rib on the grill. And it's a lot cheaper this time of year.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That photo of the sliced meat is better than any I've seen in professional cooking magazines!

Spectacular job!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey GF. I linked to this thread on the Huffington Post food section. Hoping to get more NCT members but it might also get you more followers. :thumb: A win win for sure. :D

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, gf. i was a little confused as well. braising and basting aren't interchangeable. certainly not on a grill or your fire would go out. :chef:

braising is cooking in a covered vessel with a good amount of liquid (but not submerged).

as you are the resident grilling expert here, you know about basting.

awesome job once again, btw. i failed terribly at my first attempt at a grilled prime rib a few years ago, but your pics and descriptions have me thinking about trying it again.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Was a simple question. . .they are 2 very different techniques, that is all.

lol, gf. i was a little confused as well. braising and basting aren't interchangeable. certainly not on a grill or your fire would go out. :chef:

braising is cooking in a covered vessel with a good amount of liquid (but not submerged).

as you are the resident grilling expert here, you know about basting.

awesome job once again, btw. i failed terribly at my first attempt at a grilled prime rib a few years ago, but your pics and descriptions have me thinking about trying it again.

With all due resepct, you both seem to know what braising is.....and when you look at his grilling pics, he AIN'T braising. We all slip on occasion with words. But his pictures made it clear enough - it's basting that he meant.

If I were to pick apart the way people mis-use language everyday, I'd have time to do nothing else. While I see the worth of pointing out the correct term to a neophyte, in the end, the pictures he posted did far more than any English lesson we can have here.

Good job GF!

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
With all due resepct, you both seem to know what braising is.....and when you look at his grilling pics, he AIN'T braising. We all slip on occasion with words. But his pictures made it clear enough - it's basting that he meant.

If I were to pick apart the way people mis-use language everyday, I'd have time to do nothing else. While I see the worth of pointing out the correct term to a neophyte, in the end, the pictures he posted did far more than any English lesson we can have here.

Good job GF!

But when you run a cooking blog, and are informing people with instruction, you should do them the service of giving proper terminology.

buckytom

Grill Master

Good job GF!

whatever.

:D

lol, i assumed it was basting, but you never know. sometimes when i write up recipes, i forget to include a step that would change the entire dish. i assumed gf wasn't doing that but just used the incorrect word.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
whatever.

:D

lol, i assumed it was basting, but you never know. sometimes when i write up recipes, i forget to include a step that would change the entire dish. i assumed gf wasn't doing that but just used the incorrect word.

Whatever.

:yum:

buckytom

Grill Master
i certainly agree that gf's pics and instructions are excellent and are worthy of praise. there's also nothing wrong with ralphie boy pointing out a simple error, for accuracy. neophytes will need that.

why is it that panties seem to get far too easily bunched?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i certainly agree that gf's pics and instructions are excellent and are worthy of praise. there's also nothing wrong with ralphie boy pointing out a simple error, for accuracy. neophytes will need that.

why is it that panties seem to get far too easily bunched?

Panties???

WTF??

You're peeking through the TV again aren't you?????? :w00t: