"Not Your Average Joe's" - various MA locations

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Continuing my seafood-themed weekend, I met a fellow foodie friend for lunch at "Not Your Average Joe's" in Arlington, MA (I believe there is one in Virgninia somewhere, too).

I didn't take a picture of the bread and dip, but should have - it was fantastic!

They brought big chunks of sourdough bread in a paper cone, and on a small plate, spooned grated Parm cheese and minced garlic, then mixed that up with some olive oil. SPECTACULAR!

Sally ordered crabcakes and asparagus, which she loved, and I ordered stuffed quahogs with Caesar salad - both great!

In addition to the clams and breadcrumbs, the mixture contained diced and fried chorizo and corn. Niiiiiiiiice!

We've decided our next lunch will be at a tapas place in Waltham, MA - a city where we both worked at Polaroid for so many years. And next time I will remember to take a picture of SALLY! :blush:

Lee

Attachments

• Crabcakes.JPG
    Crabcakes.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Stuffed clams and caesar.JPG
    Stuffed clams and caesar.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 28

Deelady

Ooooh that looks and sounds sooo yummy!!! Take pics of the tapas as well!! I have been wanting to go to a Tapas place, I have no idea why we haven't yet!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I met a fellow foodie friend for lunch at "Not Your Average Joe's" in Arlington, MA (I believe there is one in Virginia somewhere, too).

I looked at their website. Their Virginia store is in Leesburg, about 20 miles from here.

I'll try to schedule a visit there soon.

Jim

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Continuing my seafood-themed weekend, I met a fellow foodie friend for lunch at "Not Your Average Joe's" in Arlington, MA (I believe there is one in Virgninia somewhere, too).

I didn't take a picture of the bread and dip, but should have - it was fantastic!

They brought big chunks of sourdough bread in a paper cone, and on a small plate, spooned grated Parm cheese and minced garlic, then mixed that up with some olive oil. SPECTACULAR!

Sally ordered crabcakes and asparagus, which she loved, and I ordered stuffed quahogs with Caesar salad - both great!

In addition to the clams and breadcrumbs, the mixture contained diced and fried chorizo and corn. Niiiiiiiiice!

We've decided our next lunch will be at a tapas place in Waltham, MA - a city where we both worked at Polaroid for so many years. And next time I will remember to take a picture of SALLY! :blush:

Lee
Those clams look AWESOME Lee!!

grated Parm cheese and minced garlic, then mixed that up with some olive oil. SPECTACULAR!

Thats called Italian butter in my house. LOL I do that when we go out to eat at Italian places. When on vacation to Universal Studios Orlando we ate at PastAmore (On City Walk) several times and they had fantastic warm sesame seed Italian bread, excellent olive oil and wonderful parmesan cheese (I didn't ask for fresh garlic) add a little fresh grated black pepper and salt. YUMMY!! We ate there last year also.

Sounds like you are loving seafood.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It was a great meal and good to catch up with an old Polaroid friend. May there be many more at our old haunts in Waltham
Welcome to the forum!! Am I correct in assuming you are Lee's foodie lunch friend? LOL Wonderful meal!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, she is, Peep. Well, she's one of them - I have a bunch of foodie friends!

Lee