2012 The Movie Trailer

joec

Gold Site Supporter
And the exact date this is supposed to really occur according to legend etc is Dec. 21 2012.

buckytom

Grill Master
oh, that mayan long count calendar thing is nonsense. the movie looks really cool, though. i saw the trailer when we went to see the transformer movie.

as far as doomsday, i think the head muckety muck had been working on the calendar somewhere in the yucatan 2600 years ago decided that he had worked it out long enough, and no one would ever care to look ahead that far. so he finished his cocoa, adjusted his loin cloth, and went home.

lol, actually, one theory is that it's just the end of a cycle, sorta like getting to the end of the month and flipping over the page to reveal the next cycle.

buckytom

Grill Master
umm, chow, why do you glue all of the pages of old months on your calendars together? is it so you don't accidentally flip back to an old month?

oh, wait...:shock:

nevermind.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Funny thing is on that exact day our solar system drops below the center of our galaxy according to NASA which could have some strange effects. One of these effect could be the reversing of our magnetic poles though they don't think it will end the world but could have some effects non the less. Some of which could be a bit life changing as it has in the past when this has happened. It seems to have happened several times since our solar system was formed. I'm sure not worried much about it either way but the movie does look great and I like the directors other movies as well.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Um, is it just me or did that trailer pull from several other movies for scenes?? I recognized War of the Worlds, Day After Tomorrow, and Armageddon in there...

Ronjohn

Um, is it just me or did that trailer pull from several other movies for scenes?? I recognized War of the Worlds, Day After Tomorrow, and Armageddon in there...

Thought I recognized a shot from Independence Day in there too, but I wasn't sure since it's been a while since I've seen it. (The fireball knocking cars back in the city)

:unsure: