What have you eaten Sun. 7/28/ to Sat. 8/3/2019

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
picture.php

It is planned to be cavatelli with the peppers and onions plus homemade naan bread.

Embryodad

I made a nice bowl of tomato salad ( cut 3/4 inch pieces ) soaking in water, olive oil, and garlic and spices.

I have egg plant we can have? Tina buys Michelangelo brand from Sams Club already breaded. Not as good as fresh, but it comes in, in a pinch.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made a nice bowl of tomato salad ( cut 3/4 inch pieces ) soaking in water, olive oil, and garlic and spices.

I have egg plant we can have? Tina buys Michelangelo brand from Sams Club already breaded. Not as good as fresh, but it comes in, in a pinch.

YUM! I use ice cubes instead of water and fresh chiffonade of basil leaves along with the olive oil, fresh garlic and spice. So you have any fresh crusty sesame seed topped bread to dip? I love to dip in the tomato juices.

Embryodad

YUM! I use ice cubes instead of water and fresh chiffonade of basil leaves along with the olive oil, fresh garlic and spice. So you have any fresh crusty sesame seed topped bread to dip? I love to dip in the tomato juices.
That's the object of the juice. I am fussy, and do not allow dipping in the salad bowl, but only in each to have a little cup to dip by themselves. No community dipping bowl, while on my watch. hahahahahaha

Another thing we do, is, if there is enough tomato salad and juice, we cook it down a little, and use it on top of pasta like bow ties, or shells.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's been decades since I've used my Weber kettle as a smoker, but was running short on time to smoke a rack of babybacks.

The kettle temp held steady between 225 and 250 for 3 hours, I'm delighted to say, and the ribs were wonderful! Did a few ABT's and a 1/2 lb of sliced bacon, too.

Ribs, farmer's market corn and lettuce for my wilted lettuce salad.

Lee

Attachments

• ribs.JPG
    ribs.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 160

Embryodad

It's been decades since I've used my Weber kettle as a smoker, but was running short on time to smoke a rack of babybacks.

The kettle temp held steady between 225 and 250 for 3 hours, I'm delighted to say, and the ribs were wonderful! Did a few ABT's and a 1/2 lb of sliced bacon, too.

Ribs, farmer's market corn and lettuce for my wilted lettuce salad.

Lee
Lee.....I'm drooling here looking at those ribs. They are perfect.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.... What E-Daddy said, QSis !

Not your Granny's Sunday Dinner for sure !
Leftie Veggies, Leftie Spuds, but the Sausage is new ! :bbq:
and so is the Salad !

Sausage & Spuds.jpg

Embryodad

DD is all prepped and baked for Shark Week celebration.
The kids will be here for sausages and tomato sauce over their favorite macaroni's.
Shark cake, and shark shaped cookies for dessert.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This was lunch.
Nothing fancy, just leftover pulled pork with black beans and corn over rice.
Dinner will be out since I've got an inservice meeting and DIL will already be at work.

20190729_120527-768x721.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We are in our fourth heat wave of the season.... 96 at dinner time....

No energy ! thawed two doggies, opened a can of Bush's, Air-Fried some spuds, chopped a little Lettuce and Red Onion......:goodnight_smi:

Beans & Franks.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Shark week celebration looks really cool, Jimmy, and you look healthy!

Med, I've long been fascinated by bibimbop, but have not tried it yet. Maybe I just like saying it, LOL!

I was in the mood for a big Greek salad last night. Hit the spot.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_5304.JPG
    IMG_5304.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 129

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tuesday Night;
Air Fryer Pork Loin Chop on a bed of Fried Apples, Mashed Maine Spud

w/ Creamed Corn Gravy, Cut Asparagus...

Not too pleased with the Chop in the Air Fryer.... seared it off first, but still, the Fryer pulled a lot of the moisture out of the Chop.... maybe I'll try it one more time, Panko-coated..

Pork Chop, Air Fryer.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Wednesday Night ;
Chicken Breast Pieces, Green Pepper, Red Onion, Mushroom Slices, Tomatoes over White rice...

Chicken & Rice.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyone on their own tonight. Still no clue what I want. Not really hungry.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
While perusing dinner plans, standing in front of the open Freezer in the basement, I came to the sad conclusion that I could eat Chicken every day for two months and still have a little poultry remaining........

So it's Chicken again tonight..... Oven fried Wings.... Film @ eleven !

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Results are in !
Oven-Fried Wings with an Hawaiian BBQ Sauce, Air fryer 'Roasted' Baby Yukons,
Steamed Cauliflower w/ a Colby melt, Leftie Tri-Color Pasta Salad (Sour Cream for the Spuds...)

Chicken Wings, Oven Fried.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, those wings look terrific, LT! Did they come breaded and frozen, or did you make that nice coating?

Lee

Embryodad

Had a hankering for Chinese pork fried rice, and egg rolls.
Carry out fulfilled the wish.... Belly is full.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
They're mine, E-Daddy .... simple Flour, Salt & Pepper Coating....
They got a little more crisp than I would have liked, but that's me, not paying attention...
I've bought the frozen before, but you just can't get 'em this fat, except from the Poultry Monger at the Amish Market...

Pulled Pork tonight...... from the Freezer !

Last edited: