Wednesday, 1/12/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I never got to make my meatloaf on Tuesday!! So I will either make something with the chop meat or stovetop grill a flank steak. I feel like baked tater and creamed spinach.

What about you?

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I normally couldn't imagine/think that far ahead for dinner, but this is a rare happening:

Tonight is dinner at Bon Chon. Korean fried chicken, but SO DIFFERENT FROM American style fried chicken.

I will take pics and elaborate later. . .ya know, closer to dinner, not breakfast.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
After all this chicken talk, I'll either make a sandwich from the rotisserie bird I bought for my work dinner, or make a run to A&W for their chicken, which is also good, but not as good as Lee's lol

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think there will be a change.
Flank steak, taters, mushrooms and spinach.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I have a meeting this afternoon that won't be over until at least five...tonight will be a taco stand night.

Leni

I'll do something with the leftover chicken that I roasted the other day. I also have the leftover noodles and gravy that went with it. Maybe a pot pie?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well my flank steak has a coating of EVOO, nicely seasoned and waiting to be cooked on the stovetop grill pan. 3 1/2 bags of baby spinach cleaned. chopped and wilted waiting to be squeezed dry. It will be either tossed with butter or "creamed". I will be making taters but unsure in what form at this time.

Leni

Peeps, have you ever used a potato ricer to squeeze out the excess moisture from spinach? Works beautifully and also on cucumbers.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, have you ever used a potato ricer to squeeze out the excess moisture from spinach? Works beautifully and also on cucumbers.
HMMMMMMMMMMM!! No I haven't but I WILL today!! Thanks

mhend

Hamburger steaks with gravy, green beans and potatoes. Not sure if I'm going to fry the potatoes or mash them.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mushroom caps and red onion sautéed in butter and red wine

011211_mushrroms.jpg

Flank steak grilled on stove-top grill pan

011211_flank-steak_on_grill.jpg

011211_flank-steak.jpg

Mushroom caps and red onion sautéed in butter and red wine, stove-top grilled flank steak, steamed and buttered fresh baby spinach and mashed potatoes.

011211_flank-steak_mushrroms_mashed.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ohhhhh, I would so love to have a gas cook top. Your stove top grill pan gets screamin' hot.....nice flank steak.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
WOW! Peeps, I'm awestruck by your culinary skills. I just finished dinner and I'm Jonesing for some of your exquisite meal.

I made beef & broccoli stir fry with pork fried rice. It started out as veggies only, but then I decided to add some crumpled bacon. Glad I did. bacon makes everything better. :clap:

StirFryBeef-1.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you cooksie and Joe.

You're no slouch at the cooking either Joe!! I would love to make bread like yours!! Your dinner looks Yummy

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Thank you cooksie and Joe.

You're no slouch at the cooking either Joe!! I would love to make bread like yours!! Your dinner looks Yummy
Thanks Peeps. I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else where someone was asking how to get the rice yellow. I use about 1/4t of Turmeric. I mixed it in while frying the rice. This batch was made with 1C uncooked rice.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
PEEPS! I want your dinner! What a great picture - I am almost convinced that I could reach right out and grab some.

And Joe - you are so right about bacon. Your dinner also looks SO tasty!

I had two tacos pastor - very good, but did not measure up to Joe's and Peeps's.

buckytom

Grill Master
no dinner as of yet. jad to work late this morning, so i just went home and slept.

woke up around 7, played rapala pro fishing on the wii with my boy, and now i'm back in at work. gotta decide between a rueben and fries from the stage diner (or maybe cosmic diner), or sushi from empire on columbus , or souvlaki from big nick's, or a cheesesteak from shorty's on 9th.

pics and report to follow.