Hot Chocolate Shrimp

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok this is not really hot chocolate but it is pretty darn good if i do say so myself..lol

12 medium-large shrimp - tails on - butterflied
1/4 cup seasoned flour - i used cajun spice
1 tablespoon dry sherry( i used 2 tablespoons juice this time)
1 large navel orange - juiced
1/2oz + dark chocolate (i used semi sweet)
olive oil for frying
2 gloves garlic, minced
1" fresh ginger minced(about a tablespoon)
1 small red chile - minced and seeded(i used half jalapeno)

dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour, set aside

in a sauce pan, add the juice and sherry,bring to a boil. once boiling starts, remove from heat and stir in chocolate. mix well. i had to reduce my sauce a little to thicken.

in a small frypan, saute garlic,pepper,ginger, when done take out of pan and set aside.fry shrimp in same oil. when done dip in sauce, pour remaiing sauce over,garnish with some orange zest

2ry56wp.jpg

33uwjkk.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks...i couldnt stop eating these... i was experimenting with different shrimp ideas because my kitchen assistant graduated from kindergarden today and on thursday is her last day of school. she asked for lots of shrimp.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
okay..............................WHAT???? Jeff, no you didn't!!
Was it seriously good?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
okay..............................WHAT???? Jeff, no you didn't!!
Was it seriously good?

yup hun it was awesome... had a little bite to it, a little sweetness, citrus flavor... all the flavors went well together

i will be making this again on thursday to celebrate my cousins little girls graduation from kindergarden... she requested shrimp and she likes this dish as well

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
okay, save me some then!

i dont know, you might have to fight Kassandra over the shrimp, its her favorite. we are having a special cousins night that night.(her mom is working late and her dad is out of town working.)

we will be having cheese popcorn,shrimp,dessert pizza,pop... no veggies on the menu that night and a movie night.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
No veggies?????

What is it about guys and meat?:confused:

dont get me wrong i like veggies as much as i do meat..shhhhhhh dont tell anyone..lol

when i cook, i just dont feature alot of veggy dishes, i need to try do that alot more than i do..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Are you still using the borrowed camera? That is an awesome pic! Good Lord it looks good! It's hard to imagine a better looking plate of shrimp. I've got to try this one!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Are you still using the borrowed camera? That is an awesome pic! Good Lord it looks good! It's hard to imagine a better looking plate of shrimp. I've got to try this one!

nope that camera went back yesterday..using my old canon...outside shots with natural light have been working great for me

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
ok this is not really hot chocolate but it is pretty darn good if i do say so myself..lol

12 medium-large shrimp - tails on - butterflied
1/4 cup seasoned flour - i used cajun spice
1 tablespoon dry sherry( i used 2 tablespoons juice this time)
1 large navel orange - juiced
1/2oz + dark chocolate (i used semi sweet)
olive oil for frying
2 gloves garlic, minced
1" fresh ginger minced(about a tablespoon)
1 small red chile - minced and seeded(i used half jalapeno)

dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour, set aside

in a sauce pan, add the juice and sherry,bring to a boil. once boiling starts, remove from heat and stir in chocolate. mix well. i had to reduce my sauce a little to thicken.

in a small frypan, saute garlic,pepper,ginger, when done take out of pan and set aside.fry shrimp in same oil. when done dip in sauce, pour remaiing sauce over,garnish with some orange zest

2ry56wp.jpg

33uwjkk.jpg

Sounds like a Tootsie Roll Shrimp!
Was this your helpers Idea?
:thumb:

TxsChef

WOW, you knocked me off my chair with that one Bam! Beautiful pic and fantabulous recipe!:clap:

I'm NOT a male and I don't do much on the veggie list either!! Just a meat and 'taters gal!! And corn and fried okra!:whistle:

Gotta print this one for sure!
Thanks for sharing Bam! :applause: :applause: :applause: