What have you eaten Sunday 9/15/2019 to Saturday 9/21/2019?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Easy night !

Hot Dogs on Potato Rolls, Condiments, Air Fries, ans Stewed Tomatoes, Okra and Corn .....
A VERY busy Tri-Color Pasta Salad, carried in... too busy for my palate......
I think the Whole, Pimento-Stuffed Green Olives probably put it out of my comfort range...

Hot Dogs and Fries.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SS, would you please post your egg foo yung and sauce recipes? Love the idea of the rings!

LT, the olives are my favorite part of a pasta salad!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
A take on Momofuku's pork belly buns with quick pickled cucumbers and a carrot/radish slaw.

Attachments

• 2019-09-17 17.52.54.jpg
    2019-09-17 17.52.54.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 142

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations on your new place. Kitchen is small, but you have
a lot of cupboards! Enjoy Sass.

Every room is pretty small, Dan lol
I also have a walk- in hall closet that is more than enough, same with the bedroom closet.
I'm loving it here.

BLT salad for my dinner this evening.
Last night was a bbq chicken wrap.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Food shopping day. Out of house at 6:15 am (I don't eat before I go out). Market and bakery.

Brunch was rotisserie chicken, feta cheese cubes and twilight tomatoes. :eat1:

lunch_chicken_091819_IMG_6238.JPG

And a cannoli from the bakery is waiting for dessert tonight. :clap:

cannoli_091819_IMG_6240.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Change of plans.
Decided to eat at work.
Baked pork chop in country gravy, sweets and carrots, or peas.
I chose carrots.
That's a lot of orange!

20190918_160347-768x768.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Corn dogs made with Nathan's all beef hot dogs with our homemade German sweet hot mustard plus three-colored potato salad with a sour cream, yogurt, horsradish, fresh dill, red onion, vinegar dressing.

Attachments

• 2019-09-18 17.58.50.jpg
    2019-09-18 17.58.50.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 130

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, those corn dogs look perfect, med!

I had one for the first time last year. Storebought, frozen - just wanted to try one. Pretty good!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks. I had been wanting them for a while and they finally got on the menu. I use a recipe for the batter that I've had for years and years. It's from Sara Moulton when she did that show where people called in. The dogs were the extra long ones so I cut them in half to make it easier to fry them.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yesterday afternoon my computer crashed and wouldn’t start up. So I had to do a complete reset. Still migrating files. I lost all my most recent stuff. :sad:
I really didn’t feel like eating dinner last night. I had several bites of a Taco Bell burrito.
No clue what’s for dinner. I have sausage, a chuck roast and an eye round roast. Dinner may be one of those.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Ham, granny smith apple, thyme, sharp cheddar quiche with fruit salad.

Attachments

• 2019-09-19 18.47.41.jpg
    2019-09-19 18.47.41.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 131

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well dinner was wonderful.

Eye round roast, spinach, mashed turnip root and yukon potatoes (with butter sour cream and chives) and burgundy pan gravy.

roast_091918_IMG_6249.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Your dinner last night was beautiful, Peeps.
I'm taking leftover pizza to work with me for dinner.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dan, a dinner of lamb chops, peas and potatoes is one of my all-time favorite combos!

But if someone made me choose between that and Sass' dinner of pizza and wings, I'd be hard pressed to pick, LOL!

All great-looking dinners, folks!

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Dan, a dinner of lamb chops, peas and potatoes is one of my all-time favorite combos!

But if someone made me choose between that and Sass' dinner of pizza and wings, I'd be hard pressed to pick, LOL!

All great-looking dinners, folks!

Lee
Thanks Lee- I had Pizza last night, and I really love wings as well.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Ramen noodles with charred chicken, as well as green onions, spinach and a soft boiled egg with togarashi seasoning as a finish. Broth was chicken stock, bones, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and green onions. Chicken marinated in hoisin, sesame oil, garlic and ginger mix.

Attachments

• 2019-09-20 18.00.06.jpg
    2019-09-20 18.00.06.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 112

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ramen noodles with charred chicken, as well as green onions, spinach and a soft boiled egg with togarashi seasoning as a finish. Broth was chicken stock, bones, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and green onions. Chicken marinated in hoisin, sesame oil, garlic and ginger mix.

Mmmm, that looks and sound spectacular!

Oddly, I was just coming on NCT tonight to look up this similar, but simpler, recipe, posted by Sass http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19844&highlight=ramen, which I loved.

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter

Oddly, I was just coming on NCT tonight to look up this similar, but simpler, recipe, posted by Sass http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19844&highlight=ramen, which I loved.

Lee
OMG- If it wasn't for Ramen Noodles; I would of died years ago. My wife
and I, 25 + years ago, were pretty broke, and living in cheap hotels. A hot plate, Ramen Noodles,+a- 1/2 pound of hamburger, Potato, and any other veggie we could afford, made a great meal under $2.
I love Ramen Noodles, Navy bean-( that is another fun story.)
Dan.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

Lee

Thanks, it was quite flavorful for something that took about an hour to cook, and that was mostly time for broth to cook and chicken to marinate. The original recipe, in this month's Food Network mag, used pork chops, but we had chicken so that's what I used.

I can't use the flavor packets in the noodles because something in them gives me a horrific headache. I used to eat them for lunch a good bit and would end up getting headaches that laid me out an hour or so later. Craig finally made the connection. Stopped eating ramen, headaches stopped, so, unfortunately, can't try the recipe though it does look good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ramen noodle packs are loaded with sodium and all kinds of other junk not conducive to good health.
Then again, so are a lot of other things lol

When I've made my ramen with egg, I use half the seasoning pack, works for me.

Today I'll eat at work.
Hopefully it's something good.
Picked up a shift this evening.
Gotta keep those nickels and dimes coming in to get this apartment furnished to my liking.
;)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I prepped everything to make meat pies yesterday. All I need to do is mix the prepped things (cubed) into the ricotta. I will hopefully bake the mini meat pies this afternoon.

Dinner is supposed to be chicken and veggie stir fry.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch-I am trying one of the Banquet Mega Bowls. "Chicken Fried Beef Steak" w/ Plenty of chicken, mashed Potato's,corn, green beans, shredded Cheese, & Plenty of gravy. Plenty of food for $3. Also- Not too salty. I will buy this again.
Roast Beef and veggies for dinner tonight.

Attachments

• 6sm1.jpg
    6sm1.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 6sm2.jpg
    6sm2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 126

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Carpaccio made with rib eye, with a mustard aioli, capers, parm shavings and lightly dressed arugula. The other dish is marinated red and orange bell peppers and onions.

Attachments

• 2019-09-21 18.18.48.jpg
    2019-09-21 18.18.48.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 2019-09-21 18.18.17.jpg
    2019-09-21 18.18.17.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 117

Ironman

🍺
Rachel Rays chili Mac with the addition of beans, chopped cremini shrooms and mexicorn .

Attachments

• B0DFFD95-83C2-44F5-97A7-299A11A7D71A.jpg
    B0DFFD95-83C2-44F5-97A7-299A11A7D71A.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 120
  • C4FDDF98-1EF9-41BD-91A7-B52C4746F6FE.jpg
    C4FDDF98-1EF9-41BD-91A7-B52C4746F6FE.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 121