election crazed forumers

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I participate in a number of forums - various topics.

I've basically stopped posting in many of them.

anyone else notice....seems this election has brought out the crazies by the terrabillions.

people absolutely itching to tear somebody limb from limb for the slightest of reason - or no reason at all . . . . they're pissed to the nth from some online news article (most of which are fake....) they just read.

seems to me people are so wound up over 'the candidates' and so unable to find someplace to absolute-cream-somebody they can't be in the least civil anymore.

moderating forums, I've see this before - this is the _worst_ I've ever seen/sensed/witnessed.

won't it be great when the election is over....?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Other than this forum, which I find extremely civil and polite, BTW, I only frequent Facebook.

Yes, some of my friends are gleefully posting negative things about the person they don't want as President.

But I just move on.

Yep, will be glad when it's over. I hope I'll be glad, anyway.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Agreed in spades.

It seems sad that the next president is being decided by a mud slinging contest.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't think I've ever discussed politics or my views on this, a cooking forum.. and I'm not about to start now.

;)
See forumsforums for that. :biggrin:

That said, I do moderate a political forum -- (forum name withheld).
It's always, how shall I say?
Riveting if not dramatic? lol

Saliha

Yep, it would be great when election is over - we here in Europe could again focus for the European news.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
if one hangs in political forums one should expect to have ones butt toasted regularly - but I see the misbehavior in basically "hobby" forums totally unrelated to politics.

places where - as has been SOP for decades - sex / religion / politics are no-no topics - people seem to be so wound up over the candidates they're ready to shred anyone that crosses their path because they read page 20 before reading page 21 of the novel under discussion...

the debate really shows another issue in the connected world of today.
newspaper used to report the news, and they had editorial pages, ltrs to the editor / etc. today news organizations are essentially part of a candidate's campaign.

scanning the major news networks this morning one would wonder how many debates took place last night - the description and 'who won' is in huge bold headlines DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN! style - but for opposite candidates. quite obviously they were not all at the same debate!