What's Cooking Friday 4-27-12?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Today is the first day of Jazzfest and we were pretty busy. So...we're going to a Zephyr's game this evening. While slightly frightened, I may eat something at the stadium.:ohmy:

Leni

Doc I'll bring my famous spinach salad. :chef:

I cleaned out the refrig yesterday and I think that I have enough odds and ends to make a meal. If not there is always grilled cheese with Canadian bacon.

Embryodad

Mommy came back from the farm, and bought me a ham and swiss sammich.
Only problem is it was at the bottom of the carry bag, and it got crushed like it was jumped on by the monkey that tests the suitcases. I forget the luggage company name from the Ad..
I had to throw out the smashed bread, and transfer the ham and cheese to new bread. it was good! Geeze...I felt like the sandwich doctor.

Had a jelly doughnut for dessert.

DW had the pork steak and potatoes I made for her yesterday, but she didn't come home. She said,"It always tastes better the second day!"

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the bartender gave me a plate of roast meat a guy that frequents there made (turkey & pork), a 'lil bag of kettle corn, me
& blake split a slimjim. bar food. kinda.

Embryodad

the bartender gave me a plate of roast meat a guy that frequents there made (turkey & pork), a 'lil bag of kettle corn, me
& blake split a slimjim. bar food. kinda.
Ummm... Love slim jims. We lived within 6 bars on main street...and Dad would go after work and have a few cold ones. On Payday mostly...he woul bring Bro and me a slim jim and each a little bag of the red dyed postaschios .

Hey! Did yer snow melt? ...
I got a mail from my buddie in Johnstown, and he said they made it sound like a blizzard of a big dump of snow...but he only got like 5" inches.
I told him...that's ok..it's 5" more than we got!...L O L

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, i like most bar snacks- i particularly luv high-quality beef jerky. pistachios were a staple as a tot that my Dad would bring for us to snack on at nite when we watched tv w/ my Parents- usually the colored-redd ones :smile:.

you know after listening to the weather & people incessantly, we got not 1 flake of snow! we were watching w/ raised brows.

Embryodad

jimmy, i like most bar snacks- i particularly luv high-quality beef jerky. pistachios were a staple as a tot that my Dad would bring for us to snack on at nite when we watched tv w/ my Parents- usually the colored-redd ones :smile:.

you know after listening to the weather & people incessantly, we got not 1 flake of snow! we were watching w/ raised brows.
There was a neighbor here that had to drive to the Pittsburgh area that night, and they cancelled the trip because of the news weathercasts from the area.

Sssssucks big time!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
There was a neighbor here that had to drive to the Pittsburgh area that night, and they cancelled the trip because of the news weathercasts from the area.

Sssssucks big time![/QUOT

ugh. nothing. if any arrived, it wasn't in my section of picksburgh!

& slightly jealous of lollie's dinner.:hide:

Last edited:

GotGarlic

On Thursday evening, I made a double batch of a layered enchilada casserole, with corn tortillas, poached chicken, sauteed bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese. One batch I froze and gave to a woman from work who is about to have a baby. The second I heated up last night and served with doctored-up refried beans and tortilla chips.