What's Cooking NCT Sun. 4/14/2013 to Sat. 4/20/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have pork chops, roasted taters and spinach planned for tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made a container of soup. took a few splashes of sriracha & garlic. crumbled that cheese into the soup, too. (mozzarella- could not locate the pepper-jack.)

was gonna make the food fer the roving apron, 'cept blake was stuck @ work, again. i hafta have him be my photo guy.

Attachments

• dinner414.jpg
    dinner414.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 178

Embryodad

Ravioli....

Horrible Celantano Ravioli (Brand)
Hard dough...and watery loose cheese filling. Some not filled and not broken either.

Have not had them for 10 years or so ago. WoW , Did they go down hill. I had to flip them outside for the animals to eat.

p1040234o.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ravioli....

Hard dough...and watery loose cheese filling. Some not filled and not broken either.

Have not had them for 10 years or so ago. WoW , Did they go down hill. I had to flip them outside for the animals to eat.

p1040234o.jpg
Star brand raviolis are the best. Your dinner still looks wonderful.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pan-fried bone in pork chops, stuffing, roasted rosemary red potatoes, onions and mushrooms, steamed baby spinach and pan gravy

041413_pork_chops_P1090833.jpg

Embryodad

Pan-fried bone in pork chops, stuffing, roasted rosemary red potatoes, onions and mushrooms, steamed baby spinach and pan gravy

041413_pork_chops_P1090833.jpg
Meat & Potatoes Icon peep.

Such a great dinner. Love stuffing. Ummm!!

We were quite diasappointed at the Ravioli. Star is good, but seriously....We like our own home mades. LOL ....

Ya know what made the sauce peep? .... A snip of a branch of rosemary that Tina has growing all the time. I just snip off a 5 inch piece, and throw the branch and all in the sauce. Then I just pick out the stem when the sauce is done. Yum!

thegrindre

It's gonna be smushed pinto beans in a burrito, some homemade pico de gallo with guacamole and Fritos, for me tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Meat & Potatoes Icon peep.

Such a great dinner. Love stuffing. Ummm!!

We were quite diasappointed at the Ravioli. Star is good, but seriously....We like our own home mades. LOL ....

Ya know what made the sauce peep? .... A snip of a branch of rosemary that Tina has growing all the time. I just snip off a 5 inch piece, and throw the branch and all in the sauce. Then I just pick out the stem when the sauce is done. Yum!
Thank you Jimmy.

I don't usually put rosemary in my pasta gravy. I will have to give it a try.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy.

I don't usually put rosemary in my pasta gravy. I will have to give it a try.

You're welcome peep.

Uhh! The rosemary gives the sauce a great taste...but BUT...watch out!
Not Too Much. We just use a sprig about 4 or 5 " inches long.

Now I'm thinking of angel hair tonight with the sauce.

Embryodad

Tonight Tina made Mr's "T"'s pierogie .... GD was over, and they are her favorite.
I ate one...and that was it. Yuuck!

The filling was like pudding...all runny and watery.

I will have some toast and butter and some scrambled eggs later.

This morning I made Krustez waffles from their mix.
Horrible. Heavy / No Taste / like eating bread dough in the waffle iron with syrup. hahaha... Can't win... these lst few days.:confused:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Cooking for myself today. BLT's for lunch and thinking will pan fry tilapia for supper with butter beans.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ravioli....

p1040234o.jpg

One meatball :eek:....I'm wondering if the others are in your pocket :yum:. Lol, I'll never forget the time you said you put meatballs in your pocket when you went to the movies. I still chuckle every time I think about it. I know, I know, I remember the goofy stuff :encore:.

Embryodad

One meatball :eek:....I'm wondering if the others are in your pocket :yum:. Lol, I'll never forget the time you said you put meatballs in your pocket when you went to the movies. I still chuckle every time I think about it. I know, I know, I remember the goofy stuff :encore:.
That was Granddaughters dish!

She likes meatballs, but likes ravioli more.

Meatballs fried golden, and saved Pizza Crusts, make a great quick ready snack!

When I went to visit grandma, she always gave me a bag (brown paper bag) of fried meatballs for the trip back home.

The car smelled so garlicy good. If a bear ever got inside, it would probably eat the seats!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We're having Tenderloin steaks, baked potatoes and a salad.

Attachments

• dinner04162013.jpg
    dinner04162013.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 244

Embryodad

Supper was tuna salad sammiches with chopped onion that Ms. Tina made.

Good... and hit the spot. Tina doesn't like celery in the tuna salad, but it was alright with me..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
is storming very strongly, & i chose to buy dinner. harsh storm is goin' over. i luv wellies. getting pizza.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy!

I like celery, onions and boiled egg in my tuna salad....YUM! Soooo good on toast with tomato soup.

Stay safe luvs!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Nothing to write home about...just a pork chop, taters, veggies and a salad.

Attachments

• Dinner 041613.jpg
    Dinner 041613.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 142

Embryodad

is storming very strongly, & i chose to buy dinner. harsh storm is goin' over. i luv wellies. getting pizza.

Luvs...Enjoy the pizza. Don't get it wet! ...hahaha

Thanks Jimmy!

I like celery, onions and boiled egg in my tuna salad....YUM! Soooo good on toast with tomato soup.

Stay safe luvs!

Never had T/Salad with eggs. Hmm! Sounds good!

Nothing to write home about...just a pork chop, taters, veggies and a salad.

Looks Good Joe!.. can't beat a few chops once in a while.:thumb:

thegrindre

Thought I'd experiment with a new recipe for singles.
Baked chicken over rice and vegetables.
I must say, this first attempt was very good.

Here's a before and after shot.

Attachments

• chick1.jpg
    chick1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 145
  • chick2.jpg
    chick2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 147

Embryodad

Tina made shepherds pie for supper. It was good this time.

I had two regular eggs for breakfast (not egg beaters).

Ohhh so good with buttered toast.:readytoeat: Haven't had that in ages. ( Only because of the digestion problems I had before surgery ):sad:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks LS! That steak was fork tender.....sooooo good.

I love fried eggs and buttered toast Jimmy. Especially with homemade Italian bread.

Just curious Rick but if you are gonna use that much butter, why don't you fry things. Is it that you don't like the taste of fried? You could use a tablespoon of Olive Oil to fry up that chicken breast and it would probably be better for you than baking it in the butter. Just wondering.......

thegrindre

That butter is also to flavor the rice and vegetables. It's only about a tablespoon.
Actually, I don't care for fried foods. If I'm out and end up with fried shrimp, I peal off the batter to get to the shrimp. I do the same with fried chicken, peal off the outer crispy fried skin to get at the meat.
It's not a flavor I enjoy but I do know butter is good for you.
http://blog.wellnessfx.com/2012/10/02/why-butter-is-good-for-you/

Last edited:

thegrindre

I made some more split pea soup, deviled eggs and warmed up the leftover chicken over rice and vegetables recipe I made yesterday.

Embryodad

Waffles for breakfast.

eggsandchops001.jpg

Pork chops breaded for Supper, and a cooking in the skillet!
eggsandchops004.jpg

Tina's leftover breakfast from the diner down by her uncles.
She said,"Save it, and I will eat it tomorrow!" ...
She must have been so hungry! She ate like 3 tablespoons.
eggsandchops005.jpg

Oh...forgot, she picked me up some taco's from taco bell on her way home.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
tonight is Alton Brown's (modified...) Vegetable Soup

modified as in
- no vegetable stock in the pantry (oops!) so I went with beef stock
- for qty, just two soup bowlers here....
- garlic powder in sub for fresh - discovered my clove had all done gone & sprouted itself bitter.....

anybody kept fresh garlic whole clove "chunk" in the fridge? I've always kept it on the counter but "spring" and "warmer ambient" makes them sprout pretty quick. a whole head of garlic will last us 4-6 weeks, so the "cost" is not a killer but the "ah nuts!" factor was not in my plans for today.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That's my cooking method, Chowderman...Use what you've got.

I have all the fixings for fish tacos.