Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Everything you wanted to know about Zucchini.................:clap:

Attachments

• zucchini.pdf
    874.4 KB · Views: 506

abi_csi

Some lovely recipes here. Last night my housemate made zucchini spaghetti, which he served with a vegetable bolognese - it was delicious and carb free for those who are concerned about that.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's my favorite.

Slice some onions very thinly - so thin you can almost read the newspaper through them. Saute in a bit of olive oil over high heat until they start to get brown and a little crispy on the edges. Toss in a clove of minced garlic and heat briefly just until you can start to smell it.

Add sliced zucchini (kinda thin), plenty of salt & pepper, a dash of cayenne, and whatever Italian herbs you have around. Toss this over high heat so that the zuke slices cook quickly and get just a hint of golden on the edges, but don't get soggy.

Remove from the heat and toss in a handful of grated parmesan.

This is attractive if you use a mixture of zucchini and yellow squash.

I just found a photo of my attempt at this dish.

It was delicious, but I didn't get any "hint of golden on the edges". Probably didn't have the heat high enough. I will make this again!

I LOVE the recipes and photos of Zucchini fritters from SassMuffin and Vyapti!!! I definitely would like to make some!

Lee

Attachments

• Squash, sauteed.JPG
    Squash, sauteed.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 207

Guts

Lee

That does look good thank you for rejuvenating this thread.

I'm Have too to say that I do miss sass, I don't know what happened and don't want to get involved but I thought she was a contributor to the forum.

Kim/a.k.a. guts