What are we eating 10/11/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian members!!

So I still have no clue what it will be tonight. I have so many options and ingredients to choose from!!

Any plans?

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i cooked a few eggs-in-thier-shells, med.;, they're great; cut 1 in 1/2, i approved! they're a-waitin in there. hm. seasalt/pepper on 1 or 2 of them, though i'm 'thinkin, here~

Guts

Leftover pasta from last night. It turned out to be very yummy! :)

So you made homemade pasta? Any pictures what kind of flour did you use? I have been fooling around making pasta, next one is going to be a red chili pepper pasta.
Kim

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
So you made homemade pasta? Any pictures what kind of flour did you use? I have been fooling around making pasta, next one is going to be a red chili pepper pasta.
Kim
I have made homemade pasta but have only used unbleached AP flour because I don't make it often enough to justify buying semolina which I pick up and put back almost everytime I am in the baking isle!! LOL I think red chili pepper pasta sounds fantastic!! I recently picked up a tube of hot pepper paste and it tastes GREAT!! I wonder how adding that to the dough mix would taste.

lilylove

Kim

sorry... no photos. We used half bread flour and half semolina. I'd like to try to add some extra flavors to the dough next time, maybe garlic along with the salt.

Guts

sorry... no photos. We used half bread flour and half semolina. I'd like to try to add some extra flavors to the dough next time, maybe garlic along with the salt.

Are you rolling the pasta or using a extruder type of machine. If you look at my post I used fresh garlic (roasted)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps I'm made some roasted garlic pasta the other night http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203020#post203020
and plan on making it the same way with red peppers I'm going to pick up at the Mexican store, your tube of hot pepper paste would be easier to use. Just add it to the water that you use for hydration and make the dough. I might look into this.. and look around a bit at the store.
Kim
I also have garlic in a tube that is fantastic. Maybe both in the water would be great!! I am on my way to look at your recipe again.

The hot pepper paste is - Amore Hot Pepper Paste - Italian - Made with Olive Oil.

Here is a pic of the box. I have the garlic paste, tomato paste (regular not sun-dried), anchovy paste, hot pepper paste & Italian herbs (not pictured). They are great ways to add a little flavor kick where needed. I put the anchovy in salad dressing and deviled eggs Yummy!! I wish I could find green olive paste in a tube (I have a giant jar that takes up so much room in the fridge). I did see black olive paste but I would never use that.

amore_tubes.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am still in the process of working out something for dinner. I have produce I need to use: Baby spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, cubanelle peppers, broccoli, broccoli rabe, basil, garlic, onions, red potatoes, yukon potatoes and salad greens.

Guts

Thanks peeps i will look around and see if I can find some "Amore Hot Pepper Paste" the picture helps TKS

Guts

Dinner and Lunch today. ckn soup w/home made spinach noodles.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 103

Guts

The soup looks yummy!! Is that homemade toasted bread?
no but I have my intermediate starter ready to go, and will make some sour dough today.

Intermediate Dough

Flour – 192 grams 639 - Grams
Starter – 447 grams
Room temperature water as needed (n/a)

Remove starter from refrigerator about an hour before using.
In mixer, use dough hook on low speed, combine flour and starter together
Mix for 2 or 3 minutes until fairly smooth, dough should be a little sticky, not stiff or dry – add a few drops of water ONLY if necessary
Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise for 6-8 hrs, until almost double
Place in refrigerator, well covered, overnight

Sourdough Bread

Dough

Intermediate dough – 639 grams (approx)
Flour – 574 grams
Salt – 2 ¼ tsp. - 17.5 grams 1591.5 - Grams
Sugar – 1 ¼ tsp. - 6 grams
Water – 340 grams to 355 grams / I have been using 355 grams

Remove firm starter from refrigerator 1 hour before using
Cut starter into 6 pieces
Place water in mixing bowl - add sugar and salt, mix to incorporate
Add ¾ of the flour and 4 pieces of starter to water and mix using dough hook
Add remaining flour and starter, mix to combine
Mix/Knead dough for 4-6 minutes until smooth

Divide dough into pizza balls (400 grams)
Place into oiled containers, cover and refrigerate

Place remaining dough in an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise at room temp for 3-4 hours or until doubled
Divide, scale and bench dough into loaves and place onto parchment paper sprinkled with semolina or corn meal
Lightly mist loaves with spray oil, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until 1 ½ size
Loaves can be baked off at this time or placed into refrigerator to ferment longer

Bread Instructions
Preheat oven to 475 degrees
Spray loaves with water and place in oven
After 5 minutes, turn bread and spray again
Bake an additional 20 minutes, turning after 10, until golden brown
Remove and cool on rack

Pizza Instructions
Remove dough 1-2 hours before using
Shape, top and bake for about 6-7 minutes. with 600° + f

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well here are some thoughts on my dinner: I was thinking a pasta topper of garlic, broccoli rabe with sides of greens, spinach & broccoli salad and saute/fry the peppers, garlic, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms together. Potatoes can wait till tomorrow. I only have maybe 6 tiny potatoes of each which could be a small quick potato salad. Oh I also have 2 green onions which can go with any of those.But all this can and probably will when hub and girl get home!! LOL

Leni

Hi Guts! I haven't seen you here for a long time. That soup does look good. I think that I'm going to make a beef stew with a lot of veggies. Roasted acorn squash with brown sugar and butter on the side and biscuits of course. Tom came home with two containers of red raspberries so I'll do something with them for dessert.

Guts

Hi Leni Beef Stew sounds good, the seasons are changing, time for soup and stew. Maybe you should start a thread on "Great Soups and Stew" Do you have a camera? Did you see this post by SilverSage she did a Fantastic job on this! Picture perfect!

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16419

BTW: I read your post on Lets Talk I could think of worse things the sticker could have said...LOL

Leni

Oh Yeah! Much worse. LOL

I think that all of the pictures that are posted here are great. They really make me hungry.

I have a digital camera but I haven't learned how to take the picture and post it anyplace. That's something that I want to be able to do.

That tart looks to die for. And I've got raspberries. Hum.

Last edited:

Guts

Oh Yeah! Much worse.

I think that all of the pictures that are posted here are great. I have a digital camera but I haven't learned how to take the picture and post it anyplace. That's something that I want to be able to do. That tart looks to die for. And I've got raspberries. Hum.

I show you how to post pics if you want to Leni it's easy to do. Do yo know how to e mail pictures? posting them is about that easy to do.
Kim

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We are having leftover roast pork tenderloin, baked sweet potatoes and a broccoli/cauliflower au gratin casserole. Guts, those spinach noodles add alot of color to the chicken soup - bet they taste good, too.

Leni

What else is in that soup Guts besides the chicken and noodles? That is besides the usual salt and pepper?

And no I don't know how to eamil pictures. Something else that I need to learn. There is no boredom in my retirement.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Leftover stromboli with salad - and wine. Wine. Maybe some dark chocolate later with the wine.:whistling:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What else is in that soup Guts besides the chicken and noodles? That is besides the usual salt and pepper?

And no I don't know how to eamil pictures. Something else that I need to learn. There is no boredom in my retirement.

Your first order of business is to get the pics off your camera to your PC. That is typically as simple as plugging the camera into a USB port. Can you do that? The rest is really simple.

mhend

Grilled chicken thighs with some kind of sauce DH made. Not sure what was in it, but it was good! I also made some homeade mac and cheese.

GrilledChickenThighs.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
And what is the crust on the Mac, that is looking so good!!

Are those......

.....canned peas????

:yum: