Dinner Sunday 6/28

GrantsKat

Oh Im excited!! Its super early & I already know whats for dinner:clap:
Corned beef & cabbage, but this time Im using red-skinned potatoes....
A one pot, no fuss meal for someone whos big ole belly gets in the way when trying to cook!! :neutral:
I'd much rather be heading to the hospital, but it looks like this little girl is gonna take her sweet time!;)

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm pretty exited about today's pending dinner effort;
a slab of Flank steak that I'm gonna pound down, wrap around some greens and cheese, tie up tight, brown-sear, then bake !
Fingers XXXX'd !

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We are not going to have dinner today - too hot, just have sandwiches etc.

homecook

I'm wishing I had some of Vera's clams or even some mussels....

I'll probably do something on the grill, just don't know what yet. Son is at work and DH is still in bed. I'll figure it out later.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I never cooked last night (at that BBQ thing, instead..) so I have to cook today.

We are drinking bourbon sidecars this afternoon, but only one each...it is a sunday, after all, and back to work tomorrow. No time to sleep anything off.

First course is chestnut sausage risotto

Dinner is steamed asparagus with sauteed monkfish with a lemon & white chocolate sauce.

Dessert is rum caramelized bananas in chocolate soup.

Pictures...??? Gimme time....:brows:

Love2"Q"

well .. my son asked for ribs .. so thats what it will be ..
baby back ribs smoked with apple wood ...
some cole slaw and baked beans ..
maybe a little pulled pork from yesterday on the side ..
keilbasa for baby girl ..
probably a couple abts ..
maybe a fatty that i didnt do yesterday ...
might do some tater wedges on the grill too ...
but i have a itching for a tomato and mozzerella salad
that i might make if the tomatoes look good ...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinkin' it's beer can chicken, but with ginger ale or such........

My Flank Steak is assembled......... I loosely followed a Stuffed flank steak Florentine recipe (posted) albeit Ver-r-y loosely........ Rubbed it good with our freebie "RedMeat Rub" sample.......I'll let it sit covered in the fridge till about four; hope I didn't start too early.............

368247439.jpg

GotGarlic

I am going to use hamburger for my husband tonight but i dont what meal to use the hamburger with?

What else do you have to cook with? You could grill hamburgers, or make tacos or make a casserole with pasta, veggies and a jar of spaghetti sauce, or spaghetti with meatballs.

What kinds of foods do you want to learn to make?

GotGarlic

I have chicken wings marinating in soy sauce, sesame oil and some other seasonings; we'll grill those. I also have sliced cucumbers marinating in the same thing, plus chili garlic sauce. We will probably also have a green salad.

homecook

I'm wishing I had some of Vera's clams or even some mussels....

I'll probably do something on the grill, just don't know what yet. Son is at work and DH is still in bed. I'll figure it out later.

Marinating portabellas, green pepper, red pepper, onion and zucchini. Putting it into a wrap...Healthy day!! Will also have some lettuce, scallions and radishes from the garden for a salad.

Love2"Q"

just put a new(to me) fatty on the smoker ...
country style sausage with refried beans, tomatoes and garlic with some lime juice,
tons of pepper jack and cheddar and a little taco sauce ..
really interested on how this turns out ..

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sausage chestnut risotto with honey broiled cherries
junedinners118.jpg

Monkfish with lemon white chocolate rum sauce
junedinners120.jpg

Dark Chocolate soup with rum caramelized bananas
junedinners123.jpg