Boneless Ribeye in Bulk

loboloco

We buy boneless ribeye in bulk and cut it for steak and rib roasts. While I like steak and roast, looking for something to jazz it up a little more.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
what passes for "rib eye" is essentially 'standing rib roast' aka 'prime rib' aka Delmonico steak.
your area definitions may vary.

you could do anything with it from ground beef and up.

sometimes I'll buy a decent cut of steak for something like chilly - or stew - just because I want to be sure it is tender.

otoh, I very much doubt I'd cut up a rib eye for stew (g)

loboloco

Stewed, roasted (latin style) steaks, carne asada. Kind of a waste for stew IMO, but when boss lady has the knife I leave the kitchen.

Deelady

Rib eye would be a great cut to very thinly slice against the grain for different Asain dishes such as Korean Bulgogi or Japanese beef bowl since it is well marbled and pretty tender usually.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Steak Diane - I'm pretty sure SilverSage put a pic/recipe? on here somewhere, but I can't find it.

buckytom

Grill Master
how about chinese? slice it into strips for pepper steak, or into chunks and marinate for steak kew.

or thai: beef rendang.

or italian: pan fry a steak for pizzaiola, or pound thin steaks out for beef brasciole.

or german: thick "sauerbraten" steaks

or southern u.s.: chicken fried steak

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
what passes for "rib eye" is essentially 'standing rib roast' aka 'prime rib' aka Delmonico steak.
your area definitions may vary.

you could do anything with it from ground beef and up.

sometimes I'll buy a decent cut of steak for something like chilly - or stew - just because I want to be sure it is tender.

otoh, I very much doubt I'd cut up a rib eye for stew (g)

just a lil off topic, but it is only ever prime rib if the grade is prime, if not, it is standing rib roast.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>but it is only ever prime rib if the grade is prime, if not, it is standing rib roast.

I do believe the USDA label regs specifically provide that a chunk of meat labeled "Prime Rib" is a name of a cut and when so labeled/identified is not required to be of USDA Grade Prime.

local habits / butchers / terms may vary.

/quote USDA pub
(N

NOTE: Prime rib is not named for the quality grade “USDA Prime.”) The ribeye muscle (the center muscle) provides structural support, rather than
mobility, and is therefore quite tender. It also contains large amounts of marbling compared to the rest of the carcass and produces rich, full-flavored roasts and steaks. Although roasting the ribeye muscle on the rib bones produces a moister roast, the bones can be removed to produce a boneless ribeye roast. Ribs are meaty, flavorful bones separated from the ribeye meat and are often served as barbecued beef ribs. Rib meat