Restaurant recommendations for Boston

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend of mine is going to be in Boston over the Easter holiday. He is looking for restaurant recommendations. It's been a few years since I've been there but I always liked Legal's Seafood. I suppose they are still alive and kicking.

What are your favorite Boston restaurants?

Legal Seafood, Mai Maison and he certainly can't visit Boston without eating at Durgin Park which is located in the top of the Fanuel Marketplace. The atmosphere there is "unusual" but the food is to die for!
If he ventures outside of Boston he'll find many fine restaurants in the 'burbs, as well. Not to mention the beauty of the countryside.

Fallon

A second vote for Legal Seafood in Boston. When we were there years ago everything was fabulous. I particularly remember the Clam Chili & the Mussels Au Gratin. In fact, I now make their "Mussels Au Gratin" at home thanks to Willard Scott's wonderful cookbook that provides the recipe.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I loved Mama Maria's which is located right across the street from Paul Revere's house.

Another wonderful place to eat is The Union Oyster House - allegedly the oldest restaurant in existance in Boston. Go on a Friday night and get the fish cakes, mashed potatoes with baked beans and brown bread.....a New England tradition! Excellent.

Fallon

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another wonderful place to eat is The Union Oyster House - allegedly the oldest restaurant in existance in Boston. Go on a Friday night and get the fish cakes, mashed potatoes with baked beans and brown bread.....a New England tradition! Excellent.

Fallon

I second this!

I am not much of a seafood fan, but the Union Oyster House is a wonderful old restaurant with a ton of history!

There's a cool little raw bar, and their clam chowder is one of my top 2 favorites (the chowder at Cap'n Parker's Pub on the Cape is the other).

Lee

GotGarlic

I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant, but I had lobster ravioli for the first time in a wonderful Italian restaurant in Boston. Oh so good. Sorry, this doesn't help you, but I had to share the memory :smile:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Fallon
Mmmmm this sounds especially good to me. I hope I get sent to Boston sometime soon. It's been years since I was there. I love beantown. :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant, but I had lobster ravioli for the first time in a wonderful Italian restaurant in Boston. Oh so good. Sorry, this doesn't help you, but I had to share the memory :smile:
That's okay GG. With luck one of our members might know the name of the place. :thumb:

G.G. - I'm only taking a guess at this and chances are I'll be spelling the name of the restaurant incorrectly but could this be Polcari's in the North End? One of the primo Italian eateries in town!

Fallon :huh: