Fudge using Splenda?

Deelady

Has anyone every made or eaten fudge using splenda granuels? I was wanting to make some for my SIL who is diabetic but I wont bother if it doesn't taste good....any advice or thoughts?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I made this one when I was a South Beach practitioner ; I enjoyed it, the Warden did NOT .

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
6 pkt Splenda
1 oz. unsweetened baker’s chocolate
1/4 Cup heavy cream
1 tsp. peanut butter

Melt the cream cheese and peanut butter in microwave for approx 2 minutes (stopping
and stirring at 1 minute intervals.) Melt chocolate in separate bowl until creamy.
Combine chocolate with cream cheese mixture and whisk in sweetener and cream. Pour
into buttered (or PAM’ed) glass pan and chill at least 4 hours. Cut in squares and enjoy.
(This recipe yields a more "gooey" fudge than traditional fudge, but if you want more
uniform squares, place pan in freezer for 30 minutes before cutting.)
Cut into 16 pieces - 2.5 carbs per piece.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
She doesn't like sugar substitutes...........
Also, she likes a firm fudge, and this is a softer one.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I made this one when I was a South Beach practitioner ; I enjoyed it, the Warden did NOT .

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
6 pkt Splenda
1/4 Cup heavy cream
1 tsp. peanut butter

Melt the cream cheese and peanut butter in microwave for approx 2 minutes (stopping
and stirring at 1 minute intervals.) Melt chocolate in separate bowl until creamy.
Combine chocolate with cream cheese mixture and whisk in sweetener and cream. Pour
into buttered (or PAM’ed) glass pan and chill at least 4 hours. Cut in squares and enjoy.
(This recipe yields a more "gooey" fudge than traditional fudge, but if you want more
That sounds heavenly!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
6 pkt Splenda
1/4 Cup heavy cream
1 tsp. peanut butter

What is the approximate measurement of the 6 packets of Splenda?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
What is the approximate measurement of the 6 packets of Splenda?
IMG_1469.jpeg