Mexican Garbage

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is a recipe we got from my SIL. It was a favorite of our kids when they were growing up. And it uses Dorieto's (Vera didn't know of a recipe that used Dorieto''s ...so that reminded me of this one).

Mexican Garbage​
1 lb. ground beef (browned & drained)
1 pkt. taco seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can refried beans
1 bag Doritos
1 lb grated mexican style cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9x13" pan with Pam. Brown ground beef, drain. In a skillet or large bowl, combine the ground beef, seasoning, both soups and beans.
Lay a single layer of Doritos in bottom of pan, squash lightly. Add beef mixture and cover with Mexican shredded cheese. Repeat with layer of Doritos, beef mix and cheese ...then bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

I like to top mine with sour cream and diced tomatoes and sometimes black olives. Go wild!

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I love this recipe, Doc! Plus, if I diced the onions ahead of time, it's one of those meals Fisher could make. He's been anxious to cook a lot more these days and I definitely want to encourage that.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Now that Doc has broken the ice with his "Dorito" recipe, I'll have to post my recipe for Dorito Skillet. It looks really, really bad, but it tastes good. Maybe I should call mine Dorito Garbage. :lol:

DonRent

Sounds great, except I will NOT saute the onions first - will put the o's in raw just before cooking..............

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We had Mexican Garbage tonight and I took some pics for a change. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1412r.JPG
    IMG_1412r.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_1414r.JPG
    IMG_1414r.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_1416r.JPG
    IMG_1416r.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_1418r.JPG
    IMG_1418r.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_1419r.JPG
    IMG_1419r.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_1420r.JPG
    IMG_1420r.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_1421r.JPG
    IMG_1421r.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_1424r.JPG
    IMG_1424r.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 659

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps. I think it tastes better than it looks. :yum:

Bells

I love the name and it sounds so good. I've been trying to decide what to have tomorrow night for the X-Factor finale. I can't wait to announce that we are having 'Mexican Garbage'.:mrgreen:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: It took me a bit to get over the name .... but once I had tried it I knew it was a keeper. :thumb: Enjoy!!!!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been trying to decide what to have tomorrow night for the X-Factor finale'.:mrgreen:

And about TIME, don't you think, Bells? Freaking show seems to have been on forever!

I'll be watching, too! Rooting for Josh!

Lee

Rustpot

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mexican Garbage[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 lb. ground beef (browned & drained)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 pkt. taco seasoning[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 can cream of chicken soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 can cream of mushroom soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 can refried beans[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 bag Doritos[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 lb grated mexican style cheese[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9x13" pan with Pam. Brown ground beef, drain. In a skillet or large bowl, combine the ground beef, seasoning, both soups and beans.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Lay a single layer of Doritos in bottom of pan, squash lightly. Add beef mixture and cover with Mexican shredded cheese. Repeat with layer of Doritos, beef mix and cheese ...then bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I like to top mine with sour cream and diced tomatoes and sometimes black olives. Go wild! [/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm going to give this a go! :thumb::thankyou:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have a recipe that is almost the same called “[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mexican Chicken” [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The deference is: replace ground beef with boiled and shredded chicken, take away chicken soup & refried beans, and mix it all together. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]My Kids loved this recipe also. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And I also like to top mine with sour cream and diced tomatoes and black olives. [/FONT]