Holiday Meals?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Please share your Easter (Sunday March 27, 2016) or Passover (Friday April 22 - Saturday April 30, 2016) menus.

We will be having this menu for Easter:

Breakfast:

Colored eggs
Easter Meat pie ((Pizzagaina)

Dinner:

Stuffed artichokes
Stuffed mushrooms
Greek Salad
Lamb OR Ham (not sure which yet)
Mashed Potatoes (chives & sour cream)
Gravy
Green Bean Salad
Lemon meringue pie

Embryodad

Easter dinner.... Would you believe, no lasagna.
We will have that during the week after Easter...

Smoked Bone in Ham...
Turkey Breast...
Stuffing.... Two kinds ( home made and Stovetop for the DIL )
Pizzagaina...I just mixed the filling tonight! I will make 4 pies.

Kielbasa.... Smoked and Fresh...
Sweet potatoes ( candied )...
Mashed potatoes... and Gravy...
Dinner Rolls fresh baked...
Asparagus / candied carrots / Roasted carrots / corn / asparagus / broccoli / cauliflower/ Fried Mushrooms and Onions / Olives of different varieties ...
Sausage Quiche / Spinach Quiche .... DD Made!
Carrot cake / Kentucky Butter Cake .... Cup Cakes / Pressed Easter butter cookies all decorated....

Mylanta / Tums / Pepto-Bizmol / Gaviscon / Gas-Ex.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jimmy, you are having ham, turkey, pizzagaina AND kielbasa??? For how many people? LOLOL!

Peep and Jimmy, would you please post your pizzagaina recipes in a new thread for that subject? And take pictures, if you can. I'd love to make that some day.

I'm having Chinese food on Easter - a tradition of one of my friends for decades and I told her I'd join her. I baked my monster ham last weekend and will have HB eggs and kielbasa some night next week.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Easter dinner.... Would you believe, no lasagna.
We will have that during the week after Easter...

Smoked Bone in Ham...
Turkey Breast...
Stuffing.... Two kinds ( home made and Stovetop for the DIL )
Pizzagaina...I just mixed the filling tonight! I will make 4 pies.

Kielbasa.... Smoked and Fresh...
Sweet potatoes ( candied )...
Mashed potatoes... and Gravy...
Dinner Rolls fresh baked...
Asparagus / candied carrots / Roasted carrots / corn / asparagus / broccoli / cauliflower/ Fried Mushrooms and Onions / Olives of different varieties ...
Sausage Quiche / Spinach Quiche .... DD Made!
Carrot cake / Kentucky Butter Cake .... Cup Cakes / Pressed Easter butter cookies all decorated....

Mylanta / Tums / Pepto-Bizmol / Gaviscon / Gas-Ex

:yum:

Embryodad

Jimmy, you are having ham, turkey, pizzagaina AND kielbasa??? For how many people? LOLOL!

Peep and Jimmy, would you please post your pizzagaina recipes in a new thread for that subject? And take pictures, if you can. I'd love to make that some day.

I'm having Chinese food on Easter - a tradition of one of my friends for decades and I told her I'd join her. I baked my monster ham last weekend and will have HB eggs and kielbasa some night next week.
There will be 10 of us for ....B R U N C H ! ....DD was over before work this morning, and said she will be making the French Toast Casserole! .... hahaha, I guess it will be an all day event??? .... LOL

I have to look...I think I already posted the recipe . If Not. I'll re-do it.

Embryodad

I had a cousin ( God rest her soul ) that she and her friend, baked a Ham.

No Big Deal, Right?? .... Not Really, but.......
They prettied up in their fancy nighty wear, ( in the sixties they called them Barbie Wear )
and their bunny slippers, and, as they sat up in bed, they each had a paring knife, and sat the Ham Between them on a Tray, and they cut cut cut and picked that ham clean, whilst they watched TV. God rest her soul. Her friend died of a massive heart attack, and she died young ( 52 ) of a burst Aorta. "Gee, I wonder why ? ?"

SOoooo! Every time I carve the Ham....I think of cousin Glenda! .... That's a heck of a way to remember people, but I can remember better, if I relate them to F O O D !

Johnny West

There will be a vegitarian mac and cheese dish with tomatoes and a ham and potatoe casserole with fried Cure 81 ham on the side. I wish I had some fresh horseradish. There may be a side or two, just not sure what.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a cousin ( God rest her soul ) that she and her friend, baked a Ham.

No Big Deal, Right?? .... Not Really, but.......
They prettied up in their fancy nighty wear, ( in the sixties they called them Barbie Wear )
and their bunny slippers, and, as they sat up in bed, they each had a paring knife, and sat the Ham Between them on a Tray, and they cut cut cut and picked that ham clean, whilst they watched TV. God rest her soul. Her friend died of a massive heart attack, and she died young ( 52 ) of a burst Aorta. "Gee, I wonder why ? ?"

SOoooo! Every time I carve the Ham....I think of cousin Glenda! .... That's a heck of a way to remember people, but I can remember better, if I relate them to F O O D !

Great story, Jimmy! I can see myself doing that! I chop off a couple of slices for an "after school snack" almost every day when I come home from work. It IS addicting!

Lee

Embryodad

Great story, Jimmy! I can see myself doing that! I chop off a couple of slices for an "after school snack" almost every day when I come home from work. It IS addicting!

Lee
We do that here, but not as we sit in bed! hahahaha We sit it on a platter on the kitchen counter.

Tina yells at me for cutting all the good ham, ( the red sweet slices near the bone ) and I leave her the fat. I make sure I get the crispy fat on the outside.

Geeze... I'm getting hungry thinking of it!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Here you go Lee

>>> Peep's Italian Easter Meat Pie (Pizzagaina)

meat_pie_baked_P1090891.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Update to menu:

I found a nice small leg of lamb (just under 5 lbs with bone which I had the butcher debone) so no ham. The free 10 lb smoked ham shank is in the freezer. Can't wait to use the bone for split pea soup LOL
And the green beans looked nasty so out with them and asparagus are now on the menu.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A wonderful Easter day!

Got to spend some time in the back yard in the sun, listening to oldies radio.

My friend, Kathy, and I shared a special Chinese meal for Easter - a tradition that Kathy and her Dad used to share.

Lovely!

Lee

Attachments

• Easter table 2016.JPG
    Easter table 2016.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Easter table 2016 - 2.JPG
    Easter table 2016 - 2.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 104

Johnny West

Looks excellent, Lee. I'm reminded of the Chritmas Story Chinese dinner.

I never got any pictures but we had ham, scolloped potatoes, scolloped corn, carrots with maple syrup, strawberry pie, and lemon bars.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What is the Christmas Story Chinese dinner, John?

Lee

Johnny West

After the Bumpuss's coon hounds destroyed their kitchen and ate their turkey the family went out for Chinese.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTq20prt0K8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTq20prt0K8[/ame]