Cranberry Jell-O Salad (low carb)

Granny

Cranberries are one of the few fruits that are fairly low in carbs. They are pretty sour so require a lot of sweetening, then again if they weren't sour, they wouldn't be low carb.

Thanksgiving and Christmas aren't the only time I serve cranberry salad, I serve it throughout the year. When cranberries finally come on the market, usually in October or November, I buy 10 to 20 bags of fresh cranberries and throw them in the freezer so they will last until the following winter when cranberries appear in the stores again. There is no prep necessary before freezing. If you only use part of a package, you can freeze the rest for later use.

Even people like me who don't care much for cranberries or cranberry sauce will like this. Besides red, I have used different flavors of Jell-O in this recipe, including peach or lime, it's all good.

Cranberry Jell-O Salad

1 small package sugar free red Jell-O
3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup sugar free strawberry syrup
sweetener to equal 1 cup of sugar
1 cup cranberries, chopped (food processor)
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped

Dissolve the Jell-O in the water. Stir in the syrup and sweetener, then the cranberries. Stir in the nuts. Refrigerate until the Jell-O is set. Keep refrigerated.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Grandfather's Lady-friend, as he would say, used to make similar, w/ blueberry jell-o (i think), & currants. was delicious & there was usually a batch in my Pap's fridge, too~

Last edited: