What's Cooking NCT Sun. 6/18 to Sat. 6/24/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Happy Father's Day!

I plan on making pot roast, mashed taters, gravy and spinach.

Johnny West

Re: What's Cooking NCT Sun. 6/11 to Sat. 6/17/2017?

Last night was spaghetti casserole with Morningstar faux beef crumbles and Fred Meyer's blackberry pie for dessert.

Ironman

🍺
Brats and burgers being made by my kids on the grill while I sit on the patio sipping an adult beverage. :mrgreen:

Johnny West

I did my own grilling and came out ok, but never did get to the beans. I had a glass of Bogel Red Blend with the steak and am finishing with a glass of Dewar's White Label Scratched Barrel Limited Edition for a night cap. For an inexpensive blend it's very good.

Attachments

• #T-Bone I.jpg
    #T-Bone I.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 153

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter

I have another cake in the oven. It is an extra, tart springtime lemon cake with blueberry and pecans with a lemon butter icing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

asain noodles & soup later, shandy until then--

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday was leftovers, today will be some sort of tortilla wrap concoction with either cream cheese or hummus and of course various veg.

Tomorrow I'll be dining somewhere in or near Wexner Med Center - as I'll be visiting my brother in hospital.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have got chix tenders (via my store's pre-made item bar) & potato, spinach & bacon-- i'm thinking of making a kitchen sink dinner, w/ a salad--

wait-- my Mom orders me all that Asian food, as well.

decisions

pierogies keep seeming better, tho--

i'll pick @ food tonite--

Last edited:

Dogboa

Last night Karen made a Gazpacho with little toasts. The toasts had roquefort drizzled with honey for a topping. The roquefort is Papillon Black Label. I discovered this cheese while in Antibes on business. They make a Red Label as well, but I don't care for it. We had been without it for quite sometime, not being able to find it locally. Then one day we went out for breakfast and passed by a local market on our way home. They had an outside display with red, yellow and orange bells for $.99 per pound. I stopped and grab a few pounds, then walked through the market to check things out. When I got to the cheese case, there it was!:brows: I bought about a 1/2 kilo. They carry it on a regular basis. Anyway, the gazpacho.

36788-albums322-picture6912.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night Karen made a Gazpacho with little toasts. The toasts had roquefort drizzled with honey for a topping. The roquefort is Papillon Black Label. I discovered this cheese while in Antibes on business. They make a Red Label as well, but I don't care for it. We had been without it for quite sometime, not being able to find it locally. Then one day we went out for breakfast and passed by a local market on our way home. They had an outside display with red, yellow and orange bells for $.99 per pound. I stopped and grab a few pounds, then walked through the market to check things out. When I got to the cheese case, there it was!:brows: I bought about a 1/2 kilo. They carry it on a regular basis. Anyway, the gazpacho.

36788-albums322-picture6912.jpg

Beautiful presentation, Craig! The soup bowl rims are perfect for holding the toasts.

Lee

Dogboa

Tuesday night we had a copycat recipe I came up with after watching a show on Food Network called something like Iron Chef Favorite Eats. In the episode I watched, Alex G. (not even going to attempt to spell her last name) talked about the meatball tacos at Johnny Sanchez (a restaurant founded by Chefs John Besh and Aaron Sanchez). They looked so good I decided to try to make them. Meatballs have roasted poblanos, onions, garlic, plus cotija cheese, cilantro, bread crumbs, fine corn meal, S and P, and adobo seasoning (dry powder). On the bottom, you spread chipotle mayo, meatballs, top with tomato sauce, more cheese, pickled onions and cilantro. The tomato sauce is made with roasted garlic, onions, tomatoes, plus chiptole with adobo sauce. These were REALLY good, especially the meatballs.

daTUoDwGt5_zzLWDIOJ2k41OnpU5T8BCmOUg3A1Z-VspX92IB

Last night, Wednesday, we had a pasta salad with raw swiss chard, radicchio, fresh herbs of dill, parsley, chives, basil, roasted corn and parm. Dressing was made with roasted garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and ricotta cheese. I would never have looked twice at this recipe but we have a huge amount of ricotta to use up since someone bought a 5-pound tub. We ended up really, really liking this. It was very filling but fresh and light tasting.

wB4Xn2A8Hd01zGmXVwSkfIRJ9YONQ4OD62Z53TNc8lUpX92IB

Well, I just realized this computer is signed in under Dogboa, but it's Medtran that posted this.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have another cake in the oven. It is an extra, tart springtime lemon cake with blueberry and pecans with a lemon butter icing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sounds wonderful. Have you posted the recipes?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hamburger (no bun) with tomato wedges on the side and 2 slices muenster cheese.

Dados1950

Wish I could include pic I took...

Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms and White Wine Sauce last night...

The heavy cream and bacon fat grease make a killer sauce !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Now that I'm burger inspired..........

I've some Sam's Choice black angus vidalia onion burgers.
So one of those with a slice of swiss and some sweet potato fries.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
This question is outside the "What's Cooking" thread and Net Cooking Talk forum "boxes" but could use some help to make my posts & replies better.

I take pics of some meals with my cell phone. How do I get them a "URL" to be able to put in a post.

Any help very much appreciated. I'm pretty much a novice at this.

Some of us use Photobucket.com

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This question is outside the "What's Cooking" thread and Net Cooking Talk forum "boxes" but could use some help to make my posts & replies better.

I take pics of some meals with my cell phone. How do I get them a "URL" to be able to put in a post.

Any help very much appreciated. I'm pretty much a novice at this.

Welcome to NCT! I would love to see your pics :).

Like Lucky Trim, I use photobucket.