How did you find Net Cooking Talk

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You were in the lake with an inner tube and the thought just hit you. lol
there you go i saw 20 years into the future .................. yeah right i was to busy getting busy!! LOL and it wasn't that THOUGHT that hit me!! :oops:

urmaniac46

I received a friendship suggestion for the NCT profile on Facebook not long ago, from there I discovered this forum and what it is all about.
I also joined another major online community through Facebook advert(and the majority of the members there took the same course), so I think doing more campaign on FB should be a powerful tactic.

Peggy

I was invited by Lucky, and I have a link to here on my Facebook and I also reviewed it in my Stumbleupon account.

K

Kimchee

Cooking Forums gave me the link to this wonderful happy place!

Guts

FryBoy (Doug Collins) had posted at "Lets Talk" (where Leni is the Moderator). Flowed his link to here and found all the Good people from DC where here. Where I was a very long time ago.

I have to add Doc;
I really like the way this site is set up, the ease of posting pictures, but don't like not being able to edit any time you want to. I'm such a Bad speller ,and can't compose a sentence. I have a excuse but don't really want to talk about it.

Hi all,
I'm trying to figure out what works. We have tried multiple ways to get the word out to folks. I'm looking for new users who did not find us through google, one of my other forums or via another member telling you about us.
We have some signs and other stuff out there. If you found us due to a message on a coffee cup or pen or on a car window please post here and let us know where, when and on what you saw Net Cooking Talk.
Thanks!!!!!

Actually, I found NCT in a google, looking for a recipe. However, the recipe didn't come up in NCT in the search, but NCT did. IMHO, I think a search engine(?) would reach more cooking-orientated folks. Maybe using tags like recipe or food or food discussion. The only recipe/mention of NCT in a search pulled up GF. Could it be the way V-bulletin is set up re searches on the www? Sorry, I'm not familiar with how sites & searches work. Lately I've been using Bing, among others (since I now have windows 7).

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everyone here with a blog should post a link on their blog!

Excellent idea Kimchee. :thumb: :tiphat:

Another thought, Doc - how about a facebook page/account?

I set up a facebook page a year or more ago. I am not real active on it as I feel facebook takes away from us here at NCT. I hoped it would draw folks this way but I've never had anyone here say they found us via facebook.

If you find a recipe you like and want to share it on facebook if you link to here from your wall that would help get the word out more. folks would come on over to see the recipe and maybe join up and stay. I would love to see some people post that they found us via facebook.

As for the DC way .... Someone showed me that long ago, and I had forgot about it. I agree with phiddle, it could send more away than convince them to stay. :pat: They just don't get it. But they are so much bigger than us I am surprised they even acknowledge our existence with that kind of stuff.

buckytom

Grill Master
qsis, my only complaint with the mods is that they don't post often enough. as far as the mechanics and adjudication of a site goes, yous guys rock! that's no small feat. in fact, you've conquered the tougher part of running a community with honours.

input doesn't have to be new and great ideas all the time, but pedestrian replies to common threads, and a recipe here and there would really help. the mods of a cooking/foodie site should be fairly into the daily pursuit of culinary pleasure on a regular basis, no?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
my only complaint with the mods is that they don't post often enough. as far as the mechanics and adjudication of a site goes, yous guys rock! that's no small feat. in fact, you've conquered the tougher part of running a community with honours.

Thanks for the complements, its not easy to strike the right balance in our efforts and there's a lot of stuff going on in the background you don't see such as stomping on several spammers a day, hopefully before anyone knows they are there.

We still try to post though and a quick look at the stats shows the mod team (and Doc) started 21% (3,100) of the over 15,700 threads on the forum and contributed 20% (41,400) of the over 200,000 posts.

Pretty good for only 8 folks.

Jim

mhend

Since I have never been a member of any forum before NCT, I sure am glad I found this one first. The other place may have scared me away for good. :lol:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Since I have never been a member of any forum before NCT, I sure am glad I found this one first. The other place may have scared me away for good. :lol:
That is quite a compliment mhend!!!! :tiphat: Thank You!!!!!!
I'm glad you found this forum first also, and extra glad you took the time to join and post. :thumb: :D

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Re: 000 - How did you find Net Cooking Talk

In the interest of keeping everyone informed, this thread has been edited by the staff and some off topic posts that got a bit out of hand were deleted.

I would welcome a PM from anyone that has an issue with this, as would any other mod or admin.

Thank You

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Re: 000 - How did you find Net Cooking Talk

In the interest of keeping everyone informed, this thread has been edited by the staff and some off topic posts that got a bit out of hand were deleted.

I would welcome a PM from anyone that has an issue with this, as would any other mod or admin.

Thank You
Understood.

Incoming.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, now it's time to get back on topic and talk about how you found Net Cooking Talk.

Anyone here find it via the Huffington Post or maybe Calorie Counters?

Carolina Cooking

Peep told me.

After huge snaffo on the forum I was on. NO :respect: from the head ADMIN..

I am happy she did , this forum is so much better.

Barb In Charleston SC..

bunyap

:wave:peep invited me too! Several other friends were already here and I think a couple more came about the time I did. Enjoying myself too, I might add!