sour cream/cream cheese

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have way too much- a quart of it. & 2 packs of the cream cheese. the obvious, cheesecake, i'm not into baking, though. dips, various types of potato, maybe in a pasta salad or dish, a cooked pasta for a creamy spoof on alfredo, cream cheese/jelly sammiches,....... w/ veggies, in casseroles. those i've thought of, & others.
have yinz got recipes, other thoughts?! TIA

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well ...

- I love to mix sour cream with sliced cucumbers, add S & P and dill. My Polish aunts were BIG on that salad every summer.

- The old Lipton Onion Soup with sour cream is always a great dip!

- My grandfather loved cream cheese and olive sandwiches. My grandmother would only make him one of those a week; all the other days he got PB and J or bologna and cheese.

- I don't know where I copied this recipe from - it was probably from someone here. It sounds wonderful to me!

Cream Cheese/Olive Spread
My neighbor has made this for me for the past 2 Christmas's and I finally asked for the recipe so I can have it more often. If you like green olives, you will like this spread.

1 Pkg. of Cream Cheese (room temp.)
1/2 cup Parmasan (sp?) cheese
2/3 cups of green olives
1 Tablespoon horseradish

Form into a log and wrap it in clear wrap and refrigerate overnite. Unwrap and roll in very thin slices of dried beef. Serve with different types of crackers/triscuits.

- Also, ABT's are a delicous way to use up cream cheese. A bunch of us make these things, each a little differently. I make mine the same way as Love2Q, but I skip the cheese slices on the bottom. http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5458&highlight=Atomic+buffalo+turds

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, lee! i have made cream cheese/olive sammiches many a time. so good! & i like lipton dip. i keep forgetting i can't have gluten for awhile, except i could get olives from the olive bar, though. they have the Sicilian ones, & i could stuff them w/ the cheese rather than put them on bread-
& that cheese spread would be delicious, if stuffed into a hollwoed cucumber & sliced. i have until the end of july for 2 of them, & until august w/ the other one so there's time, yet
appreate these

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, luvs, that would be GREAT in cucumber boats!

Excellent idea, that I will use!

Thanks!

Lee

Norm

SALMON PIZZA
store bought crust or tortilla brushed with butter and roasted until crisp
top with
1/2 C sour cream
2 T. horseradish
1 T. cracked black pepper
spread on top of crust,
sprinkle most of 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
smoked salmon
rest of red onion
1 T. capers
cilantro
slice and serve without any more baking

DESSERT
2 C. greek yogurt
1/2 C. sour cream
mix together , top with
honey
lemon zest
untoasted walnuts
mint chiffonade

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
glad u like that thought, lee; & thanks, norm- i luv greek yogurt,- the sour cream would add a great layer of flavor to that & the pizza sounds great!

Deelady

heres a few recipes I have on hand....

Sun Dried Tomato Cream Cheese Spread
(Makes 1 1/2 Cups)
1 8 oz Package Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Oil-Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes, drained
Accompaniments: Bagels, Bread or Crackers
1. Place the sun dried tomatoes in the food processor and blend till chopped fine.
2. Add the cream cheese and puree.
3. Spread on sandwich (I like to add a few leaves of fresh basil) and serve.

Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs

just add small dime size cubes of cream cheese into your egg mixture then cook as usual. Finish with a pinch of salt after cooking to enhance the cream cheese flavor.

Leslie's Jumping For Joy Philly Peas

6 pieces of bacon, chopped
3 Shallots, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. of Butter
2 tbsp. of Flour
1 cup(s) of Chicken Stock
4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened
1 pound(s) of Peas, frozen or Fresh
2 pinch of Salt
2 pinch of Pepper
Steps
Pre heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add bacon and sauté until crispy
Remove 1 tablespoon of the crispy bacon (as garnish) and set aside.
Add the sliced shallots and cook for 30 seconds
Add the butter and stir until melted.
Turn down the heat to medium.
Add the flour and cook it for 2 minutes, stirring continuously
Add the chicken stock and stir until a nice sauce forms
Add the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and stir until incorporated into sauce.
Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to your liking.
Pour in serving dish and top with reserved bacon.

Flat Bread Tacos with Spicy Ranch Sour Cream

Ingredients:
1 Cup (8 oz.) Sour Cream
2 tsp. Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Can (15 oz.) Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed
1 Can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, NOT drained
3 T. Taco Seasoning OR 1 envelope packet
1/8 tsp. Cayenne
1/8 tsp. Garlic Salt
5 T. Salsa
1 Tube (16.5 oz.) refrigerateed buttermilk biscuits
Toppings:
Shredded Cheese
Lettuce
Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice. Chill until serving.
2. In a large skillet, brown the beef, drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, cayenne, garlic salt, and salsa. 3.Heat throughly until done with the tortillas.
4. Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit as thin as you possibly can without tearing them, real thin, and place in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook each biscuit for about 45-60 seconds on each side, until golden. Keep warm (like on a plate in the oven).
5. To serve, spread each flatbread with 2-3 Tablespoons of ranch sour cream, then top with the meat mixture, sprinkle lettuce and cheese on top.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, luvs, Norm's smoked salmon pizza sounds right up your alley! Right up mine, too, in fact!

Also, that Greek dessert sounds terrific! I just need to pick up some Greek yogurt.

Lee

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Stir in some sour cream into any stew or casserole to add a richer taste.

My friend the other night produced a sardine dip. I don't have the recipe but she gave the ingredients as sardine, cream cheese, lime cordial, lime pickle and spring onion. It was great and not fishy tasting at all.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
sour cream
cream cheese
blue cheese

room temp blend. use for dip or salad dressing. add cooked, drained and ground bacon for an added layer of flavor.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
http://thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/mama-jones-chip-and-veggie-dip/

Mama Jones’ Chip and Veggie Dip

• 1 jar of medium picante sauce
  • 2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese (That’s 2, not 28)
  • 2 T mayonnaise
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 T lemon juice
Soften cream cheese by letting it sit out for a few hours or putting in the microwave for minute or two.
IMG_0249.jpg

Add picante sauce and stir. I used a potato masher and it worked well to get rid of the cream cheese clumps.
IMG_0250-1.jpg

Add mayo, garlic, and lemon juice and mix.
IMG_0251.jpg

Chill before serving.
IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0306-1.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yum! thanx. now i'll hafta buy extra rather than try & get rid of it, haha!

QuirkyCookery

Ooo, that dip looks delicious. I usually end up mixing it like that for on tacos or with chips for a Mexican dip of sorts, but I didn't think about using it for veggies.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I just bumped a Q-Sis recipe for you that uses both sour cream and cream cheese.