Wednesday, 4/11/12, What's Cooking?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm having my French Fry Fix for lunch :eek:. Dinner will be chicken piccata and ???.

Anyone else cooking tonight?

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made doctored extra macaroni & cheese from Easter, then Raynin & i split a glazed Krispy Kreme. i drank a 'lil glass of milk, too.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I took pork chops out for my DD to cook. Theres fresh broccoli she can steam and she can choose potatoes or egg noodles to round out the meal. I'll eat when I get home from work.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, I know what we're having for dinner for a change. :wall:
tonight we are cooking out Brats. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Embryodad

Still on the leftover kick!

DW just had some turkey / taters / and stuffing.

I could go for some macaroni's of some sort. I don't know because there is no sauce made.
Maybe some angel hair..and I have frozen shrimp. I could do a shrimp pulled like for a shrimp salad, but in a cream sauce. Hmmm! Have to think about how to add to that built up shrimp. Maybe with some celery sliced thinly. I love celery in a cream sauce. Today is what I call a Ho Hum Day!

Leni

I found chicken fillets at 1/2 price so I'm going to experiment. I have a can of Rotels, onion, diced green chilies and a green bell pepper. I'm going to combine all of that and serve it over brown rice. Then it's either a salad or broccoli. Knowing DH he will want the broccoli.

Embryodad

Just had my supper. Macaroni / spaghetti Soup with butter!
It's a simple soup that we grew up on as kids. Or shall I say, Blew Up On?

Boiled 1/2 box ditallini .. saved 2 cups of the water from the boiled ready to drain ditallini.
Drained / added back the 2 cups water, and 2 Tbs. Butter. Salt when served in a soup bowl

I love it, and the best part is to slurp the juicy salted water after all the macaroni's are eaten.
I had two soup dishes of it tonight, and coconut macaroons for dessert! 5 of them!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
It was scrambled eggs again but this time topped with some grated cheese.

522604_2915459974455_1499378782_2056586_1578970689_n.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had breakfast for dinner. Fried up some double smoked bacon, basted eggs for me, scrambled for DW and we had Italian bread toasted. Hit the spot with a cup of hot tea.

Embryodad

It was scrambled eggs again but this time topped with some grated cheese.

Looks great lifesaver...

Did you ever make scrambled adding the cheese while slowly cooking the eggs?

DW makes me two eggs, and breaks up a slice of Land O Lakes Yellow American into litle pieces. She then stirrs and stirrs in Butter Greased Non stick..untill the eggs are fluffed up and done.
Wow! ... three slices of toast..2 to eat with the eggs, and one to butter and jelly up as dessert.

Embryodad

We had breakfast for dinner. Fried up some double smoked bacon, basted eggs for me, scrambled for DW and we had Italian bread toasted. Hit the spot with a cup of hot tea.
Can't go wrong with that meal Joe!

I love basted eggs.

DD's X..used to have her fry the bacon..then 4 eggs basted..and French toast 2 slices fried in the bacon grease till it absorbed into the French toast.
He would eat that with granulated sugar, AND Maple Syrup.
Didn't have a ounce of fat on him.

Come to think of it though....he was always eating tums, and had heartburn all the time. Geepers.. I wonder why???

Last night we enjoyed a new Martha Stewart recipe for "Eggplant Rollatini". Quite easy & delicious. Served with a green salad & garlic bread.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great lifesaver...

Did you ever make scrambled adding the cheese while slowly cooking the eggs?

DW makes me two eggs, and breaks up a slice of Land O Lakes Yellow American into litle pieces. She then stirrs and stirrs in Butter Greased Non stick..untill the eggs are fluffed up and done.
Wow! ... three slices of toast..2 to eat with the eggs, and one to butter and jelly up as dessert.

Yes I have done that but it makes the eggs dry and I like my scrambled eggs moist.