What are you eating Sunday, 7/19/2020 to Saturday, 7/25/2020?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It's going to be hot today so I don't know what dinner will be. Maybe corned beef in the Instant Pot.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
A bunch of us are throwing in bucks to order pizzas for our unit.
Probably from Domino's.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub and I split an order of fish and chips for lunch around 2:00. It's really hot in here (84F). Not sure I'm going to have dinner.

Embryodad

Gosh peeps....that is hot. What happened to the A/C? Is that the unit that was in the last storm a year or so ago, that needed a repair?

Embryodad

It was Thanksgiving in July today.
7 Lb. breast, and all the works. From stuffing to nuts and peach pies.
Sitting in the kitchen with a blanket throw over my shoulders.
It is 71 degrees in here. Tina is hot, she says.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It’s 1:00am it’s 84F outside and it’s 94F in here. Tomorrow it’s going to be 98F without the heat index. It will probably be over 100F in here. Not sure how the cats and us can deal with this.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Cuban grilled chicken with mojo garlic sauce. Doctored up canned black beans and rice.

Attachments

• 2020-07-19 18.24.26.jpg
    2020-07-19 18.24.26.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 122

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We ate tapas style. Garlic shrimp in sherry and patatas bravas with allioli (fresh garlic mayo). I didnt have any good crusty bread for sopping the sauce, so we toasted up some brioche.

Attachments

• 20200719_193754.jpg
    20200719_193754.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200719_193951.jpg
    20200719_193951.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 124

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, I sure hope you get your air conditioning repaired soon!

I'm going to grill a rib eye tonight for dinner.
:kiss:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Still no call from Best Buy.

If that's the same unit you bought new from them 2 years ago, they'd better be getting back to you.
Living in this damn heat without relief isn't easy for man or beast.
Gee whiz!

I've made cuke, onion and tomato salad to go with my steak tonight.
I'm having grilled zucchini too.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Still no call from Best Buy.

If you haven't already tried this, try calling the store manager directly instead of trying to go through the service department. Sometimes the store manager cares more about customer satisfaction than the service dept.

Good luck :lucky:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yes it’s the one I got 2 years ago.

DD#2’s phone number is on the account and she hasn’t got a call yet. DD#1 and I have been out most of the day in the car a/c. She wanted to go to several stores so I took her.

I haven’t been able to eat much because I just feel sick.

Embryodad

Guess what's for supper tonight. Starts with S and ends with P ...
SOUP!... Chicken Soup that Tina made.
She also made a shepherds pie.

For lunch, I made an omelet with cheese, mushrooms, potatoes, and onions.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We ate tapas style. Garlic shrimp in sherry and patatas bravas with allioli (fresh garlic mayo). I didnt have any good crusty bread for sopping the sauce, so we toasted up some brioche.

Kathy, had to look up "patatas bravas" - fried cubed potatoes with spicy sauce. They look delicious!

Peep, I'm so sorry about your a.c.! Hope it's fixed by now! How is your finger?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Kathy, had to look up "patatas bravas" - fried cubed potatoes with spicy sauce. They look delicious!

Peep, I'm so sorry about your a.c.! Hope it's fixed by now! How is your finger?

Lee

Thank you Lee.

Still waiting for a call to set up service call.

Finger is acting up again. Flaky etc

DD and I are sitting in the car under a shady tree. It’s 100F in the shade!! I really don’t want to go home. But no where to go. :sad:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sweet Italian Sausage, Roasted Peppers in a Marinara Sauce, Grilled Yellow Squash, Air Fries, Salad...

Sausage & Peppers.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Joint effort tonight, but mostly Craig. I prepped side veges and veges for the pilaf. Craig did everything else. Hogfish fillets with crab Diablo stuffing, rice pilaf with onions, celery and mushrooms, and zucchini and carrots on the side. I made a piggy of of myself and ate my whole plate!

Attachments

• 2020-07-20 18.18.02.jpg
    2020-07-20 18.18.02.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 110

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I want that. No clue what I’m having for dinner. Maybe just some broth.

It’s 100F in my house.
Peeps, my ac went out years ago.
Until the guys could get there and repair the outside unit, I kept a large floor fan on me and misted myself with a water bottle.
It was blessed relief.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Lee, in addition to the spicy bravas sauce, which is heavily flavored with sweet smoked paprika, I added an allioli, a Spanish version of aioli. Basically a mayonnaise made with plenty of raw garlic.

Sass, nothing better than a classic steak.

Karen, I LOVE hogfish. Unfortunately I can't often get it, and I don't fish. So I take it when I can.

I made a simple tamale pie. Ground beef, poblano, fresh corn, etc, under a cornbread crust. Plenty of leftovers. The simplicity is in using cornbread mix instead of scratch. This time I had Bob's Red Mill and we didn't like it nearly as much as good old Jiffy Mix.

Attachments

• 20200720_182912.jpg
    20200720_182912.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200720_182136.jpg
    20200720_182136.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 112

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Karen, I LOVE hogfish. Unfortunately I can't often get it, and I don't fish. So I take it when I can.

Kathy,

We love it too and were always on the look out when we were scuba diving. The way they feed hook and line pretty much doesn't work. Usually either divers shoot them or they are by-catch. they had some at the restaurant supply place a while back and Craig picked out a big one, brought it home and filleted. I think we got 3 meals out of it.

Do you ever go to Grimm's seafood over there? We get stone crabs there and they have hogfish once in a while.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I had to google to find Grimm's. It's 2 hours south of me. I'm about 2 minutes from the Port of Manatee, near Tampa Bay. The nearest fishing village to me is Cortez.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I thought you were in Naples. Well, if you're down that way in season, their prices are great on stoneys.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Bbq chicken cornbread pie, steamed green beans, some leftover cuke/tomato salad.

Hopefully I'll feel well enough to eat it.
Late in the evening I started feeling lousy.
It's a cold coming on,but right now feels like miserable allergy symptoms.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Bbq chicken cornbread pie, steamed green beans, some leftover cuke/tomato salad.

Hopefully I'll feel well enough to eat it.
Late in the evening I started feeling lousy.
It's a cold coming on,but right now feels like miserable allergy symptoms.

Feel better Sass.

I feel lousy. From heat I think. Maybe cold or allergies like you.

Stomach is not good and bad vertigo whenever I move.

I didn’t eat last night. Had 2 wontons from last nights dinner I didn’t eat, for breakfast. Only because I missed dinner meds and didn’t want to miss 2.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Just got call. A/C repair/ services set for NEXT Wednesday!! Then who knows how long to get fixed.