Swinging Chicken

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know if any of you watch Swamp People, but, I do. Last night Bruce made "Swinging Chicken". It turns out to be a kind of "Beer Can Chicken all it's own. I googled around a bit and did not find it. I thought some of you fellow BBQ'ers might enjoy this.

Get a whole chicken, season as you normally would do to roast it, wrap it tight in aluminum foil. I would expect heavy duty stuff.

Get a big tin can (This might be the issue), fashion a wire hook through the top so you can hang the can. Start some charcoal. When it is going good, transfer a few coals (looked looked 8 or so) to the can, put the chicken in the top of the can and hang it up. He used his front porch. They did a few of these and had a family "thing". The chicken looked pretty good.

Has anyone ever heard of it? Any other "off the beaten track" BBQ ideas out there? After all, it's Memorial day weekend. THe NJ weather is two days of ickey followed my meh. I don't care, I am going to enjoy it as best as I can.

Please take time to remember those that have given their all so that we can have the life and freedoms that we have.

Andy

CAG

I saw the show and finally found some info on it. Google coffee can chicken and it gives some good info on how and what is needed to "cook" it. Going to try it over the weekend. Sound easy and really tasty.