Hangover Relief!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Some folks that drink to much have what I called a hangover the next day. :bonk: Anyone happen to have any cures? :puke1:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The hair of the dog that bite you. Aspirin and eating also helps. Biskit is on the right path but if you must, know your limit and stop before you reach it.

Last edited:

Biskit

My cousin learned a hangover cure the hard way back in highschool.

Saturday night found him out and about. Sunday morning, his dad suspected what was up, because his pickup wasn't carefully parked in its usual place by the house. Instead, it was parked in the middle of the farmyard. Now, his dad wasn't one for doing fieldwork on Sunday, but that day, he decided that that Cuz should go finish moldboard plowing the field he'd started on Saturday. All well and good, except that the lands had been plowed on each end of the field, which always leaves an open, or "dead" furrow. Every time the front wheels of the tractor hit a deadfurrow, Cuz thought he was going to die!
He still wasn't hungry at noon, but opted to grab a gallon jug of orange juice out of the fridge and go sit in the shade. The more orange juice he drank, the better he felt.

Stands to reason, as I learned in later years. Alcohol takes the Vitamin C outta your system.

So, keep your fridge well stocked with orange juice of you plan to continue your vile and sinful ways! :yum:

:sorry:

I just love that smiley!!!

homecook

If I'm out drinking for long periods of time (who me?) I will drink alot and I mean alot of water. Especially if I'm drinking wine. For every glass of wine I will drink a glass of water. It's helped me and I don't dehydrate or get a headache.

Barb

Biskit

Back in the '30s and '40s, my future uncle used to drink a pint of sweet cream to coat his stomache. He could drink anybody under the table.

Calicolady

I was told by nuns in highschool for every drink takin' 10,000 brain cells are destroyed and that's why your head hurts. Murder!

How do you argue with that?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I was told by nuns in highschool for every drink takin' 10,000 brain cells are destroyed and that's why your head hurts. Murder!

How do you argue with that?

We only use about 10% of our brains, so what the heck we can afford to pickle the other 90% not being used!!

Pretty much I don't get hangovers no matter how much I drink. But then, I also drink tons of water so I think that helps offset it.
These days, with med interactions and diabetes I just don't drink that much, barely at all. And if I do, I keep it to a couple of drinks max.
I think the last time I got drunk was in college, after that when I got a buzz I would 'maintain' there and not go further.

PanchoHambre

Depends on the level.... a mild hangover I like a good greasy breakfast... a bad one vitamin water... for some only time will do the trick... along with minimal moving of your head.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
When I was in the Air Force we had a lot of this activity. We read somewhere that the headache waas caused by oxygen starvation to the brain. I forget exactly whether it was the vains contracting or expanding. Anyway, a few of us noticed that hitting the emergency oxygen mask in the morning did wonders, except for the building service folks whe spent a lot of time refilling it and trying to find out where it was leaking.

AC

AllenOK

I haven't had a hangover in years, as I just don't drink much. I've heard that you should drink several glasses of water right before you go to bed. Hopefully you don't have to pee in the middle of the night.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
There are several things I know of that can keep the pain down...

First, drink lots of water during the night. A glass of water for each drink helps keep you hydrated, preventing your blood vessels from shrinking.

Eat something, even if it's greasy burgers at 4 in the morning.

Drink a big glass of water before you go to bed. Take a few tylenol then, too, just to be safe.

If it's still bad in the morning, you need sugar....or at least I do. Gatorade is full of electrolytes to replenish everything you're bottoming out on. If you can get one down, you'll be better for it.
Very hot tea, strong and black with as much sugar as you can stand.
Jello.
Ganga.
Lots of fresh air and lots of movement.
When I get it very bad, I do the gatorade and then force myself to take a three mile walk. By the time I hit the halfway point I'll usually starting to rebound.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Eat something, even if it's greasy burgers at 4 in the morning.

Drink a big glass of water before you go to bed. Take a few tylenol then, too, just to be safe.

That's what I do. Eat a sandwich or something, drink a full glass of water, and two Advil before bed. Works like a charm!

CharlieD

I haven't had a hangover in years, as I just don't drink much. I've heard that you should drink several glasses of water right before you go to bed. Hopefully you don't have to pee in the middle of the night.

That is probably the worst thing one can do. Big no-no.

Pickle juice, but from real dill pickles, not the vinegar kind. So if you planing on drinking make sure you have plenty of it on hand.

also in the midle of the night closer to the morning butter milk does wonders. And then there is always chicken soup. Hot bowl of heavy soup, before, during and after drinking.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Has anyone ever tried the new pills they have that supposedly if taken before you drink prevents a hangover??
Do they really work?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Has anyone ever tried the new pills they have that supposedly if taken before you drink prevents a hangover??
Do they really work?

I did last year. They didnt do much for me :alc:

I have purchased Co Q-10 and it has made my hangovers MUCH better. 300 mg pill plus tons of water and Gatoraide or Pedialite. I also take salmon pills a super B-complex pill and a multivitamin.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
:puke1::puke1::puke1: I can't handle raw eggs!! Funny thing is, I grew up on easy over eggs, but now I can't even handle em scrambled or cooked to death in the morning, so so in the afternoon... weird...

Locutus

Ofcourse, I don't drink anymore, but when I did:

Three or four fingers of 100 proof in a glass with a water chaser, and another 4-5 hours of sleep! :shock:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Welllll, hey that gives me an idea for a new thread: Your greatest exploits!! LOL

Anyway, when I was in college I could down a 5th and still be going strong... now if I look at a 5th I pass out, LOL!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Very! :( Last time I was at a party they had Goldschlagger there.... I don't remember much after that! ;)

lilylove

I don't even know what that is... but right now I'm sure it would make me feel good or at least better!!!!