LorAnn Products?

waybomb

Now Sush, I am not much of a cook, but their line here says it is concentrated. Now I know this, when using something concentrated is in small amounts, one can make big mistakes.

Calicolady

I don't do candy, which seems a large part of where they direct their sales. But this stuff looks killer!

waybomb

Then what about concentrated orange juice?

What about it? I read today that there will be an excess of 26.1 weeks of orange juice this year; in other words, 78.1 weeks of orange juice produced this year. I expect there'd be a lot of concentarting and freezing going on.

waybomb

Ya wanna talk about concentrated - a customer has asked we make an acidulated summer sausage for them. So I get a bunch of encapsulated citric, lactic, and malic acid.

You take bout 5-10 grains of this stuff and gring it in your teeth. OMFG, talk about sour sensation! Kinda fun!

Calicolady

What about it? I read today that there will be an excess of 26.1 weeks of orange juice this year; in other words, 78.1 weeks of orange juice produced this year. I expect there'd be a lot of concentarting and freezing going on.

Maybe not. We (the groves) had a freeze about 2 weeks ago.
Florida supplies 90% of the country's OJ. If prices go up again, that's why.

waybomb

^^^ hmm, I just read about all this extra juice today in one of the food newsletters I get.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Im not a baker at ALL. But someone told me about LorAnn oils for cooking and I was wondering if anyone here has used their products. https://www.lorannoils.com/c-2-lorann-gourmet.aspx

I have only used them in hard candy (lollipop) making. They taste like commercial flavoring. I have never used them in cooking. I have some oils in the house right now. I was going to make hard candy for Christmas and couldn't find the gumption to do so.

Wart

Banned
What about it? I read today that there will be an excess of 26.1 weeks of orange juice this year; in other words, 78.1 weeks of orange juice produced this year.

Mayhaps.

Could mean that at 25.9 weeks no one will be able to afford buying it anymore.

smoke king

Banned
I know they are featured in quite a few of the on-line houses, so there must be something to them. Never tried them personally.