What are you doing today?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
After I put out the top soil on my grass, giant earthworms started crawling up on my patio. I mean giant, like over 8 inches long. They're so gross. They crawl up on the tile, start to dry out, and the ants move in and eat them alive :shock:.

Over the past weekend, I also had the ugliest opossum alive come through my yard. Most of them are kind of an off white. This one was dark gray with dark black splotches. He looked like he might be rabid and run up and gnaw my foot off.

When I first saw him, I knocked on the window hoping to scare him away. That didn't bother him at all. I went outside and clapped my hands, and he just continued on his sniffing around. I stomped my feet and acted like I was coming after him, and he just stared at me with his beady black eyes. He finally sauntered off into the neighbors' yard :clap:.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Laundry, cooking dinner, then outside with the laptop to enjoy an evening of peace and quiet.
It's a beautiful day here.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
After I put out the top soil on my grass, giant earthworms started crawling up on my patio. I mean giant, like over 8 inches long. They're so gross. They crawl up on the tile, start to dry out, and the ants move in and eat them alive :shock:.

Over the past weekend, I also had the ugliest opossum alive come through my yard. Most of them are kind of an off white. This one was dark gray with dark black splotches. He looked like he might be rabid and run up and gnaw my foot off.

When I first saw him, I knocked on the window hoping to scare him away. That didn't bother him at all. I went outside and clapped my hands, and he just continued on his sniffing around. I stomped my feet and acted like I was coming after him, and he just stared at me with his beady black eyes. He finally sauntered off into the neighbors' yard :clap:.
http://www.redneckpossum.com/PossumRecipes.htm:weber:

Johnny West

I taught grade 4 in the morning and sped in the afternoon. I picked up jobs for the rest of the week.

Pick up those crawlers and go fishing. Everyone I pick up on the drive I throw into the herb bed.

Johnny West

For some reason I was not allowed to log onto NCT for many days. I'd get a message saying to refresh but still would not work.

Yesterday I did the first lawn mowing of the new sod. I still need to do the back and will do it this afternoon, between waterings.

Attachments

• #Rainbow.jpg
    #Rainbow.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 150

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Congratulations to LT and The Warden! I still get tickled every time you call her The Warden, so sweet :).

PS - redneckpossum link doesn't work for me :(

Nice lawn, JW. I wish mine looked that good.

Saliha

I have became a victim of serious mania - knitting mania:

One symptom was this cardigan:

wpyxdds.jpg

Then it continued with long sweater. This one is almost ready - just a collar is missing:

FCoJ0z5.jpg

And after that I started again with new one:

BriiBBz.jpg

Is there Anonymous Knitters- group somewhere? I would like to join...

Maybe it´s because of this heat of summer. I not know. :unsure:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Long ago I posted a pic of the feral cats that were born under a shrub in my backyard. Well, those cats grew up and started having more kittens. They regularly come through my yard, and I can tell if they're about to pop with kittens or if they're nursing. I really enjoy them. They're like having my own cats without the responsibility.

My neighbor feeds them and has given them all very original names :). The black one is Blackie, the calico is Callie, the original mother cat is Mama, and the orangey/red one is Red :encore:. I don't know what happened to the others.

For the last 4 to 5 days, I've been hearing something that sounds like a shotgun or pistol shot, don't know the difference. I didn't think much about it, just figured some kids were down at the lake shooting snakes, which is fine with me. Yesterday afternoon I realized that none of the cats have been through lately. I had an :eek: moment and thought...Surely Not. Just going to see what happens.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I *might* be adopting a little dog. I went for the meet today, and he is so sweet and loveable. He came right up to me, jumped up between my legs, and licked my hands. I was expecting him to be shy and standoffish.

That place is so heartbreaking. Some of them came up to window wagging their tails and putting their little paws on the glass :cry:.

Right now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

On a good note, Blackie and Callie have both been through the yard :clap:.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, good luck with your new "maybe" doggy! Post pictures if you get him, please!

Is there anyone in your town/area who traps, neuters, and releases feral cats? I am surprised you are not overrun with them!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
IMG_6790.jpg

As long as you're touching him :rolleyes:, he's a little sweetheart. Get out of his sight and the barking commences. We didn't have such a great night last night. He's about a 10 pounder, and he's a licker...fingers, toes, even my shirt.

There may be a service like that in the city. I live outside the city limits, and I don't think anybody does that out here. I've never checked on it. Those cats aren't bothering me, but I imagine some of the neighbors might feel differently. The guy who feeds them looks to be somewhere in his 80's, so I'm not calling on them and deprive him of his joy. He loves those cats, and goes out there and talks to them every day when he feeds them.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
IMG_6790.jpg

As long as you're touching him :rolleyes:, he's a little sweetheart. Get out of his sight and the barking commences. We didn't have such a great night last night. He's about a 10 pounder, and he's a licker...fingers, toes, even my shirt.

There may be a service like that in the city. I live outside the city limits, and I don't think anybody does that out here. I've never checked on it. Those cats aren't bothering me, but I imagine some of the neighbors might feel differently. The guy who feeds them looks to be somewhere in his 80's, so I'm not calling on them and deprive him of his joy. He loves those cats, and goes out there and talks to them every day when he feeds them.

He's a little insecure ! He'll be fine, once he's comfortable with his situation ...........

Johnny West

I've had two rescued dogs that came with separation anxiety - one went back to the pound and the English Cocker we stuck it out. It was 10 years of dog screaming every time I tried to take it out. Once we got to where he could run, he was fine. To travel he had to be medicated. He liked to fight, too, part of the reason he was given to us. It wasn't a problem unless it was another male - and he was castrated, too.

Your new dog is a cuties and hope it gets better.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, what is your new sweetie pie's name? Did you keep the name he had?

How old is he? Why was he up for adoption?

He's a doll! Best of luck and keep us posted!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
He's a little insecure ! He'll be fine, once he's comfortable with his situation ...........

I think you're right. He did a lot better yesterday and last night.

I've had two rescued dogs that came with separation anxiety - one went back to the pound and the English Cocker we stuck it out. It was 10 years of dog screaming every time I tried to take it out. Once we got to where he could run, he was fine. To travel he had to be medicated. He liked to fight, too, part of the reason he was given to us. It wasn't a problem unless it was another male - and he was castrated, too.

Your new dog is a cuties and hope it gets better.

It is kind of a shot in the dark when you adopt. The first dog that I was looking at was a pomeranian. He was a beauty. The girl had to come out for a home visit, and while she was here, she sprung a little news on me with a recent picture. He had been in a dog fight and had a huge gash with exposed meat :sick:. I had to pass on that one.

Cooksie, what is your new sweetie pie's name? Did you keep the name he had?

How old is he? Why was he up for adoption?

He's a doll! Best of luck and keep us posted!

Lee

I'm calling him Buddy. He's about a year old. He was a stray picked up off the street. I'm pretty sure he was somebody's inside dog. He has the lap sitting down pat :D. You never know. Some people just turn them out for whatever reason, or maybe he's a little escape artist.

I think his biggest problem area is going to be jumping up on my legs while I'm walking. That may well have been why ended up for adoption. I could see that being dangerous with an elderly person or very young kids. I don't know how yet, but I'm going to try and break him of that.

He's a cone head right now :mrgreen:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Don't be fooled, Sucker. When I wake up, I'll be full of piss and vinegar.

IMG_6806_2.jpg

He's really doing a lot better :bounce:.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went to the early Mass this morning, then proceeded to spend way too much time on the internet, except for some time well spent outside in the sun while the loaf was baking.
I guess we're supposed to get some storms coming this way tomorrow so I'll be indoors cleaning and whatever else.
Yes!! another day off. :yum:

Johnny West

I stopped by a garage sale today and got a #8 Wagner dutch oven for 10 bucks - it was used for camp cooking only.

One of my church buds fell off his ladder last Sat. and broke his pelvis and 3 ribs. I stopped by nursing home to visit - he's in for a few more weeks for OT/PT then home. No more gutter cleaning for him.

Afterwards stopped by Safeway and got a chicken to grill tonight.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
A broken pelvis is a long recovery, especially with the broken ribs. I hope he recovers quickly, JW. My brother broke his pelvis and had his bladder punctured...not pretty.

I see photobucket snatched my pic...the jerks :(.

The other day I could tell that Buddy had a little treasure. I couldn't get close enough to tell for sure because he would snatch it and run like lightning, but it looked like a Keurig k-cup. I was thinking...Well, that's great. He's been in the kitchen trash. No trash disturbance though.

I had to trick him into thinking that I was going to feed him so that I could get the leash on him and find out WTH he had that he thought was so magical. Turns out, it was one of those dome shaped covers that are used to cover the screws for attaching a toilet to the floor :evil:.

What's next? He's also fascinated with those springy doorstops with the rubber caps. This has been a real learning experience.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
You'll be hearing spronggg and the little caps will go missing if the stops are the kind that have them. :dizzy:

Some of the rest is kinda gross, fair warning!

The pugs like to "find" paper towels and kleenex, then shred and eat them. Used are better. We've also been known to "find" things in under desk and bathroom trashcans as well. Empty toilet paper rolls are treasures and a good source of fiber doncha know.

They like to "find" mommy's scrunchies and daddy's dirty socks too, and eat them. Fortunately, they have all come out one way or the other, and mommy and daddy have learned to make sure those kind of things are kept out of reach. We also managed to chew up a pair of glasses beyond repair.

Last edited:

Embryodad

You'll be hearing spronggg and the little caps will go missing if the stops are the kind that have them. :dizzy:

Some of the rest is kinda gross, fair warning!

The pugs like to "find" paper towels and kleenex, then shred and eat them. Used are better. We've also been known to "find" things in under desk and bathroom trashcans as well. Empty toilet paper rolls are treasures and a good source of fiber doncha know.

They like to "find" mommy's scrunchies and daddy's dirty socks too, and eat them. Fortunately, they have all come out one way or the other, and mommy and daddy have learned to make sure those kind of things are kept out of reach. We also managed to chew up a pair of glasses beyond repair.
Roxy.... the boxer next door, loves to meticulously tear toilet paper, and paper towels tubes. She will tear in little pieces, and pile it in one area. She doesn't eat the tube; but just tears it up in pieces. We save them in a big bag for her.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lol at the dirty socks and used kleenex, medtran.

My little guy is a panty man. When I shuck my clothes before a shower, I have always just piled them up on the floor and picked them up later, not anymore though. He'll pick the shirt off the top of the pile, go straight for the panties, and head out to the dining room :ermm:.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

My little guy is a panty man. When I shuck my clothes before a shower, I have always just piled them up on the floor and picked them up later, not anymore though. He'll pick the shirt off the top of the pile, go straight for the panties, and head out to the dining room :ermm:.

My Gretchen used to jump inside a laundry basket and sleep there when she was a puppy all those years ago.
One day I found her firmly stuck inside the sleeve of a sweatshirt.
I miss her so. :wub:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

Yeah well, you should have seen me the first time I got presented with one of the rejects on the living room floor. I was like what in the f...... h... is this. I was not a happy camper when I finally figured out it was a sock.

OMG, the panties reminded me of the kittens at my dad's. His cat had kittens when I was staying with him (dementia) when stepmom was in hospital. By the time she got out of the hospital and rehab, the kittens were all old enough to be running around the house and playing, but not quite old enough to be weaned yet. SM had just come home and people were going in and out of the house to see her. I knew I was missing a pair of panties that I had dropped in the floor in the bedroom (they all slept with me) when I took a shower the night before, but figured they had dragged them under the bed during the night, decided I'd crawl under there and get them later after the day was done. Nope, they had deposited them under 1 of the chairs in the living room and 1 of my aunts had to announce to the whole room that somebody's drawers were under the chair. Two of the little buggers decided to come home with me and 1 stayed with momma.