There was a fire in my Building

Shermie

Site Supporter
There was a fire in my Building!!!!

Last week on Thursday morning,(Feb 14) a fire had broke out in the building!! A guy who lived down the hall, his apartment had burnt, He lost everything in it!!

Smoke came out when he had opened the dolor to escape. Some of the smoke made its way down the hall & into my apt!!! It had begun to seep under & around the door fast and furiously!! Looking out the window, I saw the firemen putting up ladders to the 2nd floor windows. To escape the smoke, I was forced to come out the bedroom window & down the ladder!!

Before that, I began choking & coughing. But I got out ok. I was wheeled up the street on a stretcher to an ambulance where I was checked out. Nothing wrong, thank God!! Myself & about 20 others were displaced, & we are staying at a hotel until our apts are safe to return to & stay in. Some had suffered water damage from the sprinkler system.

It was a mess over there!! They are in the process of fixing things up. But it looks like it might be while longer before we can return. Two people were sent to the hospital & were treated & released for smoke inhalaton. Thank God that no one died!! Everyone had survived.
eek.gif

Last edited:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Really glad you’re ok! Things can be replaced but people can’t!

Jim

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Shermie, how awful!
It's a darn good thing no one was injured.
Hey! You made the papers.:kiss:
At least you seem to have good management in your apartment building and thanks to your fire department.
Before you know it, you'll be back home again.
Take care dear!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awww, Shermie, I'm so sorry this happened!

Glad you and your neighbors are okay!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, guys!! Actually, this happened last MONTH.

I've been living from hotel to hotel since then. :sorry::confused:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hah!!

Wonder what the total cost of the damages & repairs are that they'll be hit with. Of course their insurance co. will pay the bill. Which is why that was affected is why the insurance adjusters were in the building, inspecting everyone's apartment that was affected by the fire!!