What's Cooking NCT Sun. 4/21/2013 to Sat. 4/27/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I went back last week and bought 4 more of the Prime cut sirloin steaks @ $4.99/lb. So this was dinner.

Prime cut sirloin steak, baked potato and steamed corn on the cob. Plus a cup of coffee - fresh ground chocolate, caramel nut beans.

042113_sirloin_steak_baked_potato_corn_P1090835.jpg

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That steak is perfect Peepers!

Spent most of the day working in the yard. It was a beautiful day! We just had soup and sandwiches for dinner. I think I might grill something tomorrow night.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That steak is perfect Peepers!

Spent most of the day working in the yard. It was a beautiful day! We just had soup and sandwiches for dinner. I think I might grill something tomorrow night.
Thank you Mama. Prime beef tastes so good. It is nice to be able to have it at home at a reasonable price. It cooked quick on the blazing hot stove top cast iron grill pan.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I think it's going to be steaks on the grill tonight! Peepers steak looked sooooo good yesterday. Not sure what the sides will be yet.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, there's been a change of plans :lol: I took a chuck roast out of the freezer. I'll grind it up for either burgers or hamburger steaks on the grill. I've got a errand to run this morning but when I get back, I'll make some bread and/or some buns. I may stop by the store and pick up some Vidalia onions and some tomatoes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought a couple packs of stir fry veggies. One was Asian and one was basic generic (pine nuts, broccoli, bell peppers, onion, black olives, yellow and green squash). I think DD will be making the basic with bow ties pasta. I will write directions for her and cross my fingers. LOL I will reap the outcome when I get home from work.

Embryodad

Sundays supper...

Kids were all here...plus sons MIL...
We had a great time, and I ate everything with no digestive issues.

razorand47thparty017.jpg
Sweet Grapes

razorand47thparty016.jpg

razorand47thparty014.jpg

razorand47thparty013.jpg

razorand47thparty011.jpg
Baked Rigatoni with meatball slices, and Cheese

razorand47thparty009.jpg
Chicken Sausage ( NO...I didn't eat that! LOL

razorand47thparty007.jpg
Two Slabs of Ribs

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sundays supper...

Kids were all here...plus sons MIL...
We had a great time, and I ate everything with no digestive issues.

WOW....I think you're cured Jimmy! :lol: That's a lot of delicious looking food!

Embryodad

Thanks Mama...

Yes! I guess I am cured. I ate some of everything.

Man here was "Stupid Man" ... I waited a whole year to think that my problem (s) were just from Age. W R O N G ... ( I was )

I just thought that it would all go away. N O T ...LOL

I am so happy on one end, but Sad on the other. The happy is Eat Eat Eat!
Sad is... 240# ...250# ... 260# and up up up. I have to watch now!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Photobucket is having a hissy fit, and won't work properly. I'm sure this is part of the "New & Improved" Photobucket, and will continue to have brain farts for while. At least we can put attachment in with this software.

I had a slab of round steak in the freezer, so I thinly sliced it an made a marinade this morning, and turned it into stir fry for dinner.

Attachments

• Dinner 042213.jpg
    Dinner 042213.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 543

thegrindre

JoeV, I like that!!! I'm interested in your marinade and cooking sauce or did you use the marinade as the cooking sauce? Is it available?

Embryodad

Nice stir fry Joe.

Tonight I had nice chuck that Tina picked up. I trimmed and cut it in small cubes, and tina cooked it down and made Gravy, and we had it over noodles. Gosh, It was so tender, and tasty!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
JoeV, I like that!!! I'm interested in your marinade and cooking sauce or did you use the marinade as the cooking sauce? Is it available?

It's just soy sauce, molasses, brown sugar, ginger powder, granulated garlic, sesame oil and lime juice. No, there are no amounts, just whatever looked right for the amount of meat. I mix it with a small whisk and then toss the meat in it so its all coated. I would leave it in the fridge at least a couple of hours before cooking, and have left it for more than a day when dinner plans change.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm s'possed to shop later on. i hafta get a few other ingredients fer the apron thread. 2 ingredients have kept me from cooking fer daze, now.

dinner yesterday was pasta.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made Cornish hens on the grill.

Attachments

• dinner04232013.jpg
    dinner04232013.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 527

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Beautiful little chicky-chicky, Mama. We had breakfast for dinner. Cheese omelets, bacon and Italian toast.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy and Joe! That omelet looks wonderful and the bacon is just the way I like it...nice and crispy!

thegrindre

I haven't had a Cornish hen in years. Looks good, tho.
I like chicken but I don't like the dark meat so I never buy a whole chicken or a Cornish hen.

I just made a BLT with medium rare bacon on a burger bun. Delicious...

Embryodad

Beautiful little chicky-chicky, Mama. We had breakfast for dinner. Cheese omelets, bacon and Italian toast.

Thanks for the show Joe! Nice job.
Actually....I am looking at my tomorrows Breakfast of what you've got there!!

Embryodad

I haven't had a Cornish hen in years. Looks good, tho.
I like chicken but I don't like the dark meat so I never buy a whole chicken or a Cornish hen.

I just made a BLT with medium rare bacon on a burger bun. Delicious...
Rick! I like only the white meat in chicken soup, and only if I make it. I never use the skin on the breasts. Grandma always pulled off the skin. I learned to make soup from her by just watching.

I also like my bacon medium done. Like a little snap on my lip when I bite and pull!
I like Boiled bacon with the cabbage when we make corned beef and cabbage.
It becomes soft, and melts in the mouth that way! My wife gets mad at me, but I come back at her with,"I only eat it like this once a year, and maybe two times a year if that!" ...

thegrindre

I don't care for scrambled eggs, either. I don't like the taste when you scramble the yolk and albumen together. I like 'em separated. Soft boiled or poached.

Haven't made these in months... Last year, sometime, I'm guessing. I love 'em, though.

Almond cookies... With whole almonds... (I'm no cheap skate.) LOLOL
Here's a couple of, before and after, shots.

Attachments

• abefore.jpg
    abefore.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 428
  • abefore2.jpg
    abefore2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 449
  • aafter.jpg
    aafter.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 419
  • aafter2.jpg
    aafter2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 483

Embryodad

I don't care for scrambled eggs, either. I don't like the taste when you scramble the yolk and albumen together. I like 'em separated. Soft boiled or poached.

Haven't made these in months... Last year, sometime, I'm guessing. I love 'em, though.

Almond cookies... With whole almonds... (I'm no cheap skate.) LOLOL
Here's a couple of, before and after, shots.
Darn...those cookies look so good! I love almonds.
Thinking of almonds...I like the confetti candy coated almonds like the have for favors at some weddings. They are addicting, and I always wait till all the candy coating is off before I bite through and chew the almond.

Embryodad

Tina made Boston Baked Beans for me Yesterday, but they weren't ready until tonight for supper.

I Called them.."30 Hour Baked Beans!"

Wow, they were SoooooGooood!

Had mine on a hot dog, and plus in a bowl.
The other Hot Dog was with onions.... ( * Burp * ) .

30hourbakedbeans005.jpg

30hourbakedbeans001.jpg

30hourbakedbeans009.jpg

And Then.... I had another bowl of beans, and used onion cut into scoops...to shovel up those beans, and eat the onion and beans by the mouthfull.
30hourbakedbeans012.jpg

OMG The sweetness and texture of the beans, and at the same time, the juice and crisp crunch of the onion scoops....Yummmmm!!! I havn't had beans and scoops like that in years. Beer would complete the flavor, but we ran out.

That's OK; because there is always tomorrow. God Be Willing!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Those beans look delicious Jimmy! Were those Vidalia onions? I picked up my first Vidalia's of the season a couple of days ago. I could eat those with just about everything!

We had leftover cornish hens, rice and salad.