What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 12/9/12 to Sat. 12/15/12

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We're having spaghetti & meatballs. I'm working on the bathroom remodel and DW is decorating. Waiting for DS to get here to move furniture and bring up the tree from the basement.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Grilled chicken salad is on the menu for tonight. I found Olive Garden Croutons at Sam's Club. My goodness those things are addicting.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The plan was dinner and a movie. Crab legs were on sale, and I was so set to have those. However, no crab legs, sold out :angry:, so I bought burger fixin's. Movie is Hope Springs....can't wait to see it :blob_blue:.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sounds like a good movie Cooksie...I've been wanting to see it too. I hope you got a rain check on the crab legs.

Embryodad

Today was a simple restfull day!

I did some things and we both had pastries for breakfast!

I made a simple Poor Italian Meal. "Macaroni Soup and Fried Bread and Meatballs"

For dessert..we had Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

PastaSoupandMearballs003_zps6deba927.jpg

PastaSoupandMearballs002_zpscdf488c4.jpg

PastaSoupandMearballs001_zpsf8068f95.jpg

Boiled the shells, and saved three cups of the water before draining.
Added 1 Tbs. butter, and some cold water...with the three cups of the saved drain water...heated it up a little more till the butter melted.

ummmm I drink the buttery water after I eat the shells.

The meatballs, I added a lot of soaked in water bread. Tina loves a lot of bread in the meatballs. They fried up a nice light golden, and they were awesome tasting.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sounds like a good movie Cooksie...I've been wanting to see it too. I hope you got a rain check on the crab legs.

I usually love her movies. This one was just meh.....about a B- in my book.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I had half a container of ricotta cheese and half a container of sour cream, and wondered what to make for dinner to use it up. Soooooo, I decided to make Polichinka...pancake rollups. The filling was ricotta cheese and raspberry preserves. Also cooked up some sausage patties to go with them, but they turned out like hockey pucks when I got distracted.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

Embryodad

Tonight was a ffishy night. LOL

Tina bought Cod for me ....and sole for her.

I cooked mine in oil and butter / covered and steamed with Tomatoes and Okra in the can on top.

I had two helpings served on top rice.

FISHDINNER001_zps76ce193f.jpg

And Tina just barely ate hers. An hour later she only left the 1/2 the roll, and the rice. Huh!

FISHDINNER003_zps6e40f1fe.jpg

Embryodad

Supper is made....

Another easy one.
Omlet with cheese onion and chopped ham for DW...and mine with hot salsa inside.

Waiting for her to get home. Toast for me, and I guess a sweet roll for Tina. She loves those Hawiian sweet dinner rolls.
I like em too, but not with eggs. Ooops! BTW...my eggs are the original eggbeaters. Normally I eat regular whole cluck cluck eggs, but not until I get this PITA$$ messed up digestion system under control. Grrrrrr!!
angry.gif

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Italian beef au jus with twice baked taters with spinach, garlic & Parmesan filling & cheddar topping.

Dinner121112.jpg

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Went to a thank you buffet for the shelter volunteers and donors tonight. Had real nice veggies and baked chicken breasts and ham slices. Baked mashed potato and rolls and a nice appetizer selection. Huge trays of deserts and cookies. Ate enough for two meals and then brought takeout boxes of leftovers for tomorrow. Even won a nice little cat pillow in the raffle. Was dang good grub.Don't want to step on the scales tomorrow.:bonk:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Italian beef au jus with twice baked taters with spinach, garlic & Parmesan filling & cheddar topping.

Dinner121112.jpg
WOW Joe that looks fantastic!

BTW How do you put a copyright on your pics?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We had rib eye steak, baked potatoes and salad last night for dinner. I'll be out and about doing some Christmas shopping today so I'll probably pick up some Popeyes or Chickfila for dinner tonight.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Great idea using the okra/tomatoes, kind of a Creole Cod! Love, love, love cod and always looking for different ways to cook it. I'd fry it in beer batter every time if I could :hide:.
And you would be getting stints all the time as well.:yum:

Embryodad

Tina made a big pot of chicken soup that we had to throw away.:oops:

She got these chix thighs at Sams club store! Garbage Chicken.

No taste.... actually gray in color.:brows: They looked like they were saved in brine and set out for quick sale. They were frozen in sealed portion packs so she never noticed the poor quality.

I chucked the soup out for the animals to feast on.

I had Grotons Fish sticks. Dry and too much breading! Where's the fish? I said!:ohmy:

Oh well! .... Win some!
...Lose some! :whistling:

http://cookingtalkforums.com/forums/private.php?action=send&uid=15http://cookingtalkforums.com/forums/search.php?action=finduser&uid=15javascript:MyBB.reputation(15,5255);
http://cookingtalkforums.com/forums/editpost.php?pid=5255

Embryodad

Had leftover chili. Finished it up so will have to see what we want for tomorrow.

Chili sounds good Mman.

I am just wishing for something like a stew, but then maybe some beef short ribs... DW is a champ at making that dish, but not all stores have great meaty ribs.
She can have her Butcher Friend that she worked with; get some for her but that will be whenever he can order some.

I do have a thought of a Tomato Sauce...with beef cubes, and pork cubes. I have a pork hock fresh too for the bones and flavor. Just a loaf of bread to eat with the cubes of meat are like heaven. Makes a flavorful sauce too. :chef:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
PM Sent with info.
Thank you Joe.

Everyones meals look and sound great!!!

I have been having salads and chili this week. DD did make cocktail franks in blankets one night. Time for something new. But I am at the mercy of DD during the week because I am not around to cook dinner. LOL

I think it will be pasta and salad tonight.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yeah, Joe, I sure don't want to go down the stint road. I watched my f-i-l go through that two times. Not something I want to do :nono1:

Peep, sounds like your daughter is branching out. If I recall correctly, she could only do tacos at one time. That's great, no telling what she'll cook up next.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my friend is a vegetarian (she now ingests egg-beaters/egg wht., butter {the land 'o lakes half-butter}, & skim milk.) not 1 other animal product, tho. yet her cholesterol is incredusliously high. her liver over-compensates, in theory. her, at Hanukkah. tofurkey. i bought her 1 when we went grocery shopping, & got that fer her. she couldn't decide so i was exasperated. got the thing from the freezer. voila. my gift to her that year.

me- 'pass the mayo, would'ya. gonna use that fer my turkey leg once this gravy is gone. my quiche is near-gone & these eggs benedict 'er nearly gone! have yinz gotten a slice of my linzer torte. & the baklava rocks this year, too!' that would be me, at Christmas.
my cholesterol is too low! may well be we're abnormal. whose to say

Last edited:

Embryodad

Very busy for both of us today. Papa John's pepperoni pizza for dinner.
Boy Oh Boy!
Joe! ... You ...or...I have not made pizza in a while!

Hmmmm! Let's see...Tomorrow's Friday...and Friday is / was usually ???? Pizza Night! .... I think tomorrow I will make Home Made Pizza.

DW made it last...with blue can pizza crust, and Tony Bolony's Canned Pizza Ketchup sauce! hahahahaha

shhhhh.. don't say nuthin... I got a whole gallon of Dago Red wine in the garage Tina bought for me in Old Forge, PA from a little old Italian Man.
Boy oh Boy....that will go great with making pizza. I could drink little sips as I wait for the dough to proof. LOL

Last edited:

Embryodad

Tonight I cooked from frozen Halupki's for Tina in tomato sauce, and I ate sausage patties fried on american bread. Tina threw my Italian sliced bread to the deers. She said it was stale. I like stale bread. She figured I wouldn't eat it; so she flipped it to donder and blitzen.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Heated up the takeout box from the buffet the other night. The folks that put it on insisted everyone take the leftovers so we got a box full for ourselves and one for the old woman we look after down the road. She likes to go over to the shelter when she feels well enough and cuddles the little kittens. It is great for them and her. The volunteers all put together a basket for her and ended up with a big box as the basket would not hold all the presents. She will be surprised when Santa Bill delivers it Christmas morning.:mrgreen:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Salad with blue cheese dressing and racket shaped pasta with tomato sauce and grated cheese.