anybody have a lightscribe dvd burner?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i bought a new pc just after christmas, it came with a lightscribe dvd burner. i have yet to use it because dvd's for it were so expensive. until i went to the pawn shop and got 10 of them for cheap.

so....have you used one? how is the quality? i want to burn something just because it is like a new toy now but i have no idea what to burn..lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Yep, I have one. It burns just fine - no problems with that. The light scribe part is cool. Certainly looks better than my usual Sharpie labeling. Be sure to check for any new firmware upgrades and also the latest Lightscribe software. It's free. I never got into doing the graphics much but my son and my brother have done amazing graphics with it. As I'm sure you know, all the graphics and lettering are black.

Like you, I only use the lightscribe when I find a good deal on the media.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Order from SuperMediaStore. I use them a lot.

http://www.supermediastore.com/hp-lightscribe-16x-dvd-r-media-in-cake-box-100-pack.html

Those come out to 40 cents per disc, making them only 6 cents per disc more expensive than the regular TYs I use. And free shipping.

Are you just curious about burning the label? I've not used the lightscribe for label burning, but have burned hundreds of regular DVDs if you want to discuss that aspect of it?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
was just wondering about the actual label part of it... after further checking mine is actually called labelflash and not lightscribe..

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I have an external USB lightscribe player/recorder and media but must admit I haven't tried it yet. The pictures I've seen of the results look very nice.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OK Bams, I just went to the LabelFlash website and it works the same way LightScribe does. Go here
http://labelflash.jp/enjoy/index.html
and download the software and the templates. Then read the FAQs for instructions. It's really easy. You can burn your DVD before you burn the label side or after - your choice. You just open the tray and turn the disc upside down to do the other side.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks FM... i can find most anything i want or need on the internet as far as computer stuff... but when it actually comes time to use the stuff..well thats a different story..lol

OK Bams, I just went to the LabelFlash website and it works the same way LightScribe does. Go here
http://labelflash.jp/enjoy/index.html
and download the software and the templates. Then read the FAQs for instructions. It's really easy. You can burn your DVD before you burn the label side or after - your choice. You just open the tray and turn the disc upside down to do the other side.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
thanks FM... i can find most anything i want or need on the internet as far as computer stuff... but when it actually comes time to use the stuff..well thats a different story..lol
LOL, I am sooo sorry. Of course you knew where all of that was! I can sound a lot like a kindergarten teacher - not an attractive trait. It comes from being with a 6 year old day in and day out!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
LOL, I am sooo sorry. Of course you knew where all of that was! I can sound a lot like a kindergarten teacher - not an attractive trait. It comes from being with a 6 year old day in and day out!

sweetheart i didnt mean anything by that... i was thanking you because i actually didnt know about that site.. i just reread what i had typed and i wasnt clear in how i typed it...:bonk:

here ...for you ....i as well live with a 6 year old(well she will be 6 on friday..lol) and feel your pain.... :flowers:X12

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
sweetheart i didnt mean anything by that... i was thanking you because i actually didnt know about that site.. i just reread what i had typed and i wasnt clear in how i typed it...:bonk:

here ...for you ....i as well live with a 6 year old(well she will be 6 on friday..lol) and feel your pain.... :flowers:X12
WooHoo! I didn't know you have a 6 year old around! They are great, aren't they? But man, they can take up your every minute! Are y'all planning a big birthday? Fisher will be 7 in August but another son turns 17 this Saturday so we'll be eating birthday cake this weekend, too! Give your baby girl a birthday hug for me!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
WooHoo! I didn't know you have a 6 year old around! They are great, aren't they? But man, they can take up your every minute! Are y'all planning a big birthday? Fisher will be 7 in August but another son turns 17 this Saturday so we'll be eating birthday cake this weekend, too! Give your baby girl a birthday hug for me!

its my cousins little girl..lol
but she is like my own little girl...we but heads like she is mine..lol

my own lil baby girl will be 17 this coming december...oh the fun of that..

we feel each others pain FM..lol