What have you eaten Sun. 7/21/ to Sat. 7/27/2019

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ribs, baked beans, green salad. MAYBE LOL Never know around here.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Medtran, do you have a recipe for that beautiful Asian bowl or did you just make it up?

I would like to try it, omitting the shrimp (not a fan).

Peep, flat iron steak is one of my all-time favorites, and yours looks beautiful!

Lee

Embryodad

No clue day....and I'm thinking along the line of #1 ... delivery pizza from a new place called 'Bruno's .......or #2... sausage and peppers and fried onions inspired by Peeps dish the other day or so ago?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That is smoked sausage, actually.
Made a cold salad as well with cukes, tomato, carrot and bacon bits in Italian dressing.
Forgot the sour cream!
:bonk:

20190726_164058-768x768.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Medtran, do you have a recipe for that beautiful Asian bowl or did you just make it up?

I would like to try it, omitting the shrimp (not a fan).

Lee

Made it up. But, the broth is from the recipe ?squirrel? Posted for braised pork belly, though I did put a couple of cloves in, which is what I think he omitted. The rest was shiitakes sauteed with just the tiniest bit of oil, salt and pepper, then after cooking a drizzle of sesame oil. Red bell was just roasted, skinned, cut in strips and tossed with a bit of salt and pepper. Bok choy steamed with salt in water. Thinly sliced green onions. I sliced the cooked cold pork belly into fairly thick chunks, browned them on both sides in a hot pan. I used the packaged ramen noodles and threw away the spice packets. The broth is very flavorful and doesn't need anything other than heating, besides the fact that something in those spice packs gives me horrendous headaches. BTW, the broth gells when cold. I did cook the ramen noodles in water with a little bit of broth, then drained. You don't want to cook the noodles in the soup broth because they will make it cloudy. Cilantro to garnish.

I cooked around a 3 lb piece of pork belly, then divided and used some for pork belly buns and froze the rest. Froze the rest of the broth too, there's enough left for another soup meal.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ribs are smoking, baked beans (doctored with homemade BBQ rub and a some other stuff), and DD picked up white corn. Pictures later if possible. LOL

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Mussels in White Clam Sauce over Rigatoni, Tomato, Green Pepper & Onion salad, Garlic bread...
I Ate Too Much......

In reviewing pics from yesterday, I see they have Turkey Legs at one of the Kiosks..... wish I'd noticed that; I would have carried one home for dinner, even at the eleven Dollar price...... Oh, did I mention ; Parking was $30 !

Rigatoni with Mussels in White Clam sauce.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken antichuchos wirh aji panca puree and cilantro-serrano sauce, with green rice for the side.

Attachments

• 2019-07-26 18.09.47.jpg
    2019-07-26 18.09.47.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 97

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stove top smoker spare ribs, steamed corn and baked beans.

I dry rubbed (homemade rub) the ribs. After I smoked them I brushed them with a blend of Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce, Heinz Kansas City Style Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce, dry rub and Pomegranate Molasses. Then they went under the broiler to develop a nice bark. The bones just fell out. They had a wonderful flavor.

corn_072619_IMG_6050.JPG

ribs_072619_IMG_6051.JPG

ribs_corn_beans_072619_IMG_6053.JPG

Embryodad

Pizza from pizza hut and cinnamon sticks with icing dip.
Wow, did I pig out! Had onions and sausage on mine.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Everything looks great guys and gals.
Yes, Jimmy.
Mrs. T's from the bag lol
The smoked sausage is John Morrell.
I prefer Ekrich.
JM used to be Dinner Bell.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made it up. But, the broth is from the recipe ?squirrel? Posted for braised pork belly, though I did put a couple of cloves in, which is what I think he omitted. The rest was shiitakes sauteed with just the tiniest bit of oil, salt and pepper, then after cooking a drizzle of sesame oil. Red bell was just roasted, skinned, cut in strips and tossed with a bit of salt and pepper. Bok choy steamed with salt in water. Thinly sliced green onions. I sliced the cooked cold pork belly into fairly thick chunks, browned them on both sides in a hot pan. I used the packaged ramen noodles and threw away the spice packets. The broth is very flavorful and doesn't need anything other than heating, besides the fact that something in those spice packs gives me horrendous headaches. BTW, the broth gells when cold. I did cook the ramen noodles in water with a little bit of broth, then drained. You don't want to cook the noodles in the soup broth because they will make it cloudy. Cilantro to garnish.

I cooked around a 3 lb piece of pork belly, then divided and used some for pork belly buns and froze the rest. Froze the rest of the broth too, there's enough left for another soup meal.

Hmmm, that's maybe a dish for a snowy day. Lots of steps, multiple pans.

Thank you for posting, Karen.

I think I'll start a thread for this, so I can find it again.

Lee

calcmandan

I didn't take any pics and today was a state fair day. We both took the day off work and woke up early.

I made french style creamed eggs, buttered english muffin, link breakfast sausage, cofee.

Nothing special.

That filled me up for most the day.

My pre-dinner meal was a can of wild caught sardines in olive oil and a can of whole kernel corn. I'm a sucker for both items.

Dinner will be left over pasta from last night (of which I'll post about it in a bit)

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Hmmm, that's maybe a dish for a snowy day. Lots of steps, multiple pans.

Thank you for posting, Karen.

I think I'll start a thread for this, so I can find it again.

Lee

Actually, I just used 2 pans, a saucepan and saute pan. Course the pork belly and broth had been cooked previously and frozen. I was thinking about starting a thread myself as we really liked this.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll have to look up your latest chicken dish, Med.

Peep, lovely char on those ribs!

We grilled chicken sausages flavored with roasted garlic and gruyere - wonderful! Will definitely get those again.

Served on whole wheat rolls with grilled peppers, onions and summer squashes.

Lee

Attachments

• sausages and vegs.JPG
    sausages and vegs.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'll have to look up your latest thicken dish, Med.

Peep, lovely char on those ribs!

We grilled chicken sausages flavored with roasted garlic and gruyere - wonderful! Will definitely get those again.

Served on whole wheat rolls with grilled peppers, onions and summer squashes.

Lee

Thank you Lee. Your dinner looks wonderful.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
DD & I worked together making a fantastic Lunch. This is also our new toy.
(18" 2-burner Blackstone Griddle.)
DD made the beansprouts w/peppers,mushrooms, onion, & garlic. Also she grilled the corn. Plus- I grilled the T-bones & Lamb Chops.

Attachments

• 6slu.jpg
    6slu.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 109

Embryodad

DD & I worked together making a fantastic Lunch. This is also our new toy.
(18" 2-burner Blackstone Griddle.)
DD made the beansprouts w/peppers,mushrooms, onion, & garlic. Also she grilled the corn. Plus- I grilled the T-bones & Lamb Chops.
Nice Machine..... Propane ? ..... Nat Gas?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Nice Machine..... Propane ? ..... Nat Gas?

18in. Table Top 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill in Stainless-Steel with Griddle Top
4.1 out of 5
Steel top, easy to clean
2 separate burners with 6000 BTU each, 12000 BTU total
Side grease cup to collect oil while cooking

It is small enough I can take it camping with us.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Naked Burger on a bed of Fried Onions,Air Fries, Stewed Tomatoes w/ Okra & Yellow Corn, Mac Salad...
Hawaiian BBQ Sauce on Fries...

Burger & Fries.jpg

Embryodad

18in. Table Top 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill in Stainless-Steel with Griddle Top
4.1 out of 5
Steel top, easy to clean
2 separate burners with 6000 BTU each, 12000 BTU total
Side grease cup to collect oil while cooking

It is small enough I can take it camping with us.
Sounds GRrrrrrrreate.

Embryodad

The end has come. I ate so much, but in such great taste.
The sequence cooking worked perfect; with the grilling of the hot sausage, and the cooking of the onions and red bell peppers. The macaroni is my favorite because they don't have the rigati, ( ridges ) . IMO, they taste better. They are not as heavy either....

IMG_1547 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1548 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1549 (480x640).jpg

IMG_1550 (640x640).jpg

calcmandan

Made pasta. Meat is thawing. It'll be chicken pesto mazzarella with homemade tortellini. Inside the pasta is parm, garlic, ricotta.

Steaming the artichokes now.Once cooked they'll be halved, cleaned, and blackened on the grill. Got baby bellpepper going to saute and brocolli florets al dente. 20190727_171402.jpg

Daniel

calcmandan

Homemade tortellini, Daniel!

Impressive!

Lee
thanks. i discovered that setting 5 on the kitchenaid mixer pasta roller is too thick for tortellini. It'll have to be 6 or 7.

too doughy. had to overcook it to eliminate the dough smell/taste. i know for next time.

Daniel

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night, pasta alla vodka and garlic rolls.

Any filled pasta has to be rolled fairly thinly, but still thick enough to provide structure. I accidentally found out that adding a little semolina helps with the structure, but doesn't affect texture or workability one time when I was really low on flour when I was making raviolos.