2 strips thick sliced bacon, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 t garlic, chopped
68 ounces chicken stock
2 14.5 oz cannellini beans
1/2 of a 16 oz bag of kale
1 c half-and-half

Method:
Brown sausage in Dutch oven, remove to paper towel lined plate, drain and blot to remove excess grease. Remove any remaining sausage grease.

Add chopped bacon and onion. Saute until onion is translucent. Add garlic. Give it a couple of minutes.

Add chicken stock, beans, sausage, and kale. Simmer until kale is cooked to your liking. Finish with the half-and-half.

Note: I used milk instead of the half-and-half, but only because I was out of half-and-half.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
SausageKaleWhiteBeanSoup.jpg

Ingredients:
1 lb ground Italian sausage
2 strips thick sliced bacon, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 t garlic, chopped
68 ounces chicken stock
2 14.5 oz cannellini beans
1/2 of a 16 oz bag of kale
1 c half-and-half

Method:
Brown sausage in Dutch oven, remove to paper towel lined plate, drain and blot to remove excess grease. Remove any remaining sausage grease.

Add chopped bacon and onion. Saute until onion is translucent. Add garlic. Give it a couple of minutes.

Add chicken stock, beans, sausage, and kale. Simmer until kale is cooked to your liking. Finish with the half-and-half.

Note: I used milk instead of the half-and-half, but only because I was out of half-and-half.
Thank you and YUM! :respect: :eat1:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am SO making that!

Copied and saved, Cooksie!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hope you like it, Q-Sis.

I'm thinking I might sub cheese tortellini for the beans one of these times.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
That looks outstanding! Thank you for sharing the recipe. It's cooling off here in GA and your recipe sounds like a great one to try on a cool evening.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Made it tonight and YUMMY!! Thank you cooksie!!

sausage_kale_bean_soup_P1090589.jpg

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:thewave: You just made my day, Peeps! I've already made it again with tiny meatballs and cheese tortellini. The tortellini doesn't re-heat so well.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:thewave: You just made my day, Peeps! I've already made it again with tiny meatballs and cheese tortellini. The tortellini doesn't re-heat so well.
Meatballs sounds good but would not have thought to use a stuffed pasta. Maybe a tiny pasta like tubetini, mini farfalle or small shell. This kind of tastes like my white pasta fagiole.

PS How did I make your day? I'd like to kmow so I can do it again. LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter
PS How did I make your day? I'd like to kmow so I can do it again. LOL

I like it when someone tries something I think is really tasty :blob_blue: . I really like it when they like it too. If they don't like it, I don't like it so much :yum: .

Hope you like it, Sass.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I like it when someone tries something I think is really tasty :blob_blue: . I really like it when they like it too. If they don't like it, I don't like it so much :yum: .

Hope you like it, Sass.
I feel the same way. BUT if I like it I still like it. LOL

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had some leftover navy beans and found the last of my homemade sausage in my freezer (I think it was garlic and cheese - it made a heck of a fond!), so I bought some kale (I finally found lacinta kale and love it!) and made this.

I didn't have any milk or cream, so I threw in a splash of white wine.

Good one, Cooksie! Lunches for work this week!

Lee

Attachments

• Sausage, bean and kale soup.JPG
    Sausage, bean and kale soup.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 407

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had some leftover navy beans and found the last of my homemade sausage in my freezer (I think it was garlic and cheese - it made a heck of a fond!), so I bought some kale (I finally found lacinta kale and love it!) and made this.

I didn't have any milk or cream, so I threw in a splash of white wine.

Good one, Cooksie! Lunches for work this week!

Lee

Glad you liked it.

Had to go read about that type of kale:
"Lacinato kale grows 2 to 3 feet tall[5] and has dark blue-green leaves with an "embossed texture"; its taste is described as "slightly sweeter and more delicate ... than curly kale."
Straight from Wiki