Wednesday 10/5/2011 What's on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have a bottom round roast thawing. Not sure how it will be cooked but I am leaning towards roasted with mashed, gravy and spinach.

Carolina Cooking

oh my scallops where really good. sauted in lots of butter with s&p thyme. then I put in a T or so of SF brown sugar to make a glaze. :encore:

I am making pecan crusted Tilapia to day with lemon cream sauce.Or I might just make my mayo/dijon/ garlic sauce.

I got some creamed pearl onions I have been wanting but they don't go with white fish lol

The only green I have is spinach. Boring spinach..

might have to run out & get some mushrooms & spouts been wanting bacon sprouts for a while.

Truthfully I am sick of cooking.:bonk:

Embryodad

Today...I am doing an experimental cooking recipe.

#1..I have some ground beef in the fridge that is about 3/4 Lb.
#2... I have cubed eggplant in the freezer that was cubed raw and frozen in Water in plastic baggie. Ooops! that's the 60's words of a todays ZipLock Bag.

DW says you can't take me out of the 50's and 60's.

OK so what I am going to make, is Eggplant Meatballs.
DW loves them baked in a casserole with tomato sauce; so I will do a couple for her like that.
Mine...I like just fried in Lard crispy, and then as soon as they come out of the frying pan...just lightly dusted with some fine grated Romano Cheese.
Then.. I ladle a little sauce on top. with plain macaroni's on the side.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pulled a muscle in my lower back yesterday, so DW is making ravioli & salad. I did manage to stand long enough to make fresh no-knead bread, then back to my chair.

Embryodad

Pulled a muscle in my lower back yesterday, so DW is making ravioli & salad. I did manage to stand long enough to make fresh no-knead bread, then back to my chair.
Feel Better Joe...

Rest up.

Back pulls are big on the pain items. Sometimes there is no relief.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have back problems also so I feel for you Joe. I hope it feels better soon.

Embryodad

Eggplant Meatballs...

I like mine just fried...but DW's I baked in a tomato sauce.

ac8dcb40.jpg

43716fc5.jpg

97043db2.jpg

d28fed07.jpg

caa4b6f5.jpg

This was on the camera ... Shakshooka I made for DW last week.
It's onions / tomatoes / eggs ..fried.

7f1a819c.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Bottom round roast beef, burgundy pan gravy (I used the new Knorr’s Home-style condensed beef stock in the little tub, not to bad), mashed potatoes (sour cream, butter & chives) and frozen spinach. (I also had a salad on the side in a bowl but didn’t take a pic of it).

100511_roast_beef.jpg

Embryodad

All that looks very good Jimmy.

Thanks peep....The frozen cubed eggplant in water (ice) worked great.
Just thawed and blanched as I do when fresh.

Bottom round roast beef, burgundy pan gravy (I used the new Knorr’s Home-style condensed beef stock in the little tub, not to bad), mashed potatoes (sour cream, butter & chives) and frozen spinach. (I also had a salad on the side in a bowl but didn’t take a pic of it).

100511_roast_beef.jpg

Now that beef and taters looks great peep. I love brown dark gravy.

Nancy-MD

Jimmy and Peep, your meals look so delicious!

Joe, hope your back feels better soon.

Everyone's dinner plans sounds real good.

I didn't cook tonight. Had a Stouffer's frozen lasagna.

Embryodad

Jimmy and Peep, your meals look so delicious!

Joe, hope your back feels better soon.

Everyone's dinner plans sounds real good.

I didn't cook tonight. Had a Stouffer's frozen lasagna.
Thank you Nancy...

Stouffers is good.. We have used it many times.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

100511_roast_beef.jpg

Yummy!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you LS. I would love some of your dinner. I love beans and hot dogs.

Embryodad

Thank you LS. I would love some of your dinner. I love beans and hot dogs.
You know what peep....
Sometimes there is more taste and eating pleasure in eating a hot dog than eating a steak.

It's like we went to the Longhorn steakhouse last Sat...and I had a fillet steak.
It was the most tender steak I've had..but....No Taste. Sometimes I would rather have Roundsteak. A little chewey, but much more tastier.
My daughter Hates Fillet steaks. She says,"I want something to chew when it comes to steak!"...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You know what peep....
Sometimes there is more taste and eating pleasure in eating a hot dog than eating a steak.

It's like we went to the Longhorn steakhouse last Sat...and I had a fillet steak.
It was the most tender steak I've had..but....No Taste. Sometimes I would rather have Roundsteak. A little chewey, but much more tastier.
My daughter Hates Fillet steaks. She says,"I want something to chew when it comes to steak!"...
I HATE fillet also. I don't think it has any flavor and for the price I'd rather have flavor than tender tasteless beef. I LOVE strip steak best but chuck and flank (the thing that dometimes bothers me with flank is the veins) have wonderful flavor.