Little North Jersey Get Together

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
In an effort to get away from the mess and mayhem that is my life, I'm having dinner with Peeps and Adillo tonight in Hackensack, at the Chit Chat diner. We're meeting at 7:30 if anyone else in this area is available. Bucky, unfortunately, had to beg off.

Peeps has requested ' no pictures'. I intend to ply her with liquor and snap away. Wish me luck.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck, Vera! Have fun, all of you!

I'm sure that BT is dying a thousand deaths, not being able to meet up with you folks locally.

But I'm also sure that he's on the list of people who want to visit you and Lou in NOLA!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
There are very serious reasons for the no pictures request Vera. Sorry I should have explained that before.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Have fun everyone. Meeting other NCTers has twice been an enjoyable experience for me.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well Vera when you leave NJ for NO come through Kentucky and we well take you and Lou out to dinner. Dawn and I just are now recuperating from our trip to PA at Warren's place. A lot of fun but the 22 hours on the road in 3 days is a bit tough with a day of no rest between each 11 day of driving. Getting to old for that stuff I'm afraid now.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Joe - I think she's flying to NOLA - with her cat! Maybe if the cat doesn't like airplanes, she can drop him down to you as she passes over Kentucky! :dizzy:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Joe - I think she's flying to NOLA - with her cat! Maybe if the cat doesn't like airplanes, she can drop him down to you as she passes over Kentucky! :dizzy:

Should fit right in with my 5 at current count including outside only animals. Flying now that is the pansy way to get there, you need to drive to see the beautiful landscape you are leaving for a swamp, with swamp rats for neighbors. :mrgreen:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hope you all have a good dinner and some laughs. Sounds like fun. I'm sure it will be a relief for you from the madness Vera, even if only a short one.
Cheers! :beer:

Ronjohn

Booo! Not enough time to get out there :(

That's a long drive from Detroit. Guess we'll have to go to NO to meet you. :tiphat:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Positively not rehearsed
June2010015.jpg

Even the Chit Chat has a decent glass of wine

June2010016.jpg

We dined on a variety of appetizers, mostly sans utensils. Wine all around. Some french pastry thing which was positively delicious and a triple fudge brownie sated my desire for something sweet.

What a lovely night.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It really was a nice change to get the hell out of this house. I had a nice cool shower and put real clothes on instead of more packing clothes. Felt good to be out...

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Hackensack, at the Chit Chat diner.

Small world!

Up until I retired a few years ago I was just down the road in Rutherford a couple of times a month. We had a call center there and I had a network operations center co-located with the call center.

201 Rt 17 North I think????

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Great pictures! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I wish I were closer and could have been there.

Thank you for sharing.........

:applause:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Good food, drink and chat. It was wonderful to meet Vera and Andy. I had a great time!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You guys are AWESOME! That looks like so much fun!!! :clap:

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwwwww Andy and Vera, I could hug you both!
Nice pics! Glad you got to meet :D

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
while i'm kinda sad we missed that dinner..... grateful many of yins were there!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
G rest food, great company. I had a wonderful time. It is always good to put a face and a voice to people that you have been corresponding with.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
cheap wine gives me a headache...:alc:and I'm starving this morning!!

Well, it was fun, but now it's back to the boxes, Cinderella! I still have an entire collection of Gil Hibben and other fantasy knives to pack.

Meme4251

:applause:Nice pics of you VB w/Andy...So glad you were all able for a great evening together...Just missed the Peeps pic but I understand her why not being in them. She had to be the picture taker, somebody does....atleast most of the time....Glad for the fun of all.

Have a very enjoyable weekend at your goin-away party's....Know it will be some awesome fun! Post pics if you get the time;).....Meme

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my mother in law was a wonderful woman. I'm sure my wife didn't feel the same about my mother. I guess I'm lucky in another way as most dreams I do remember that have people in them I've never meet as I sure don't seem to know them.