What's on the plates mates- Sunday March 10~ Saturday 16?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning to make corned beef. But who knows; plans can change.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
These came out quite good.
I'll make them again.

20190310_190846.jpg

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29709

Embryodad

We are in a nasty environment here! The wife and DD both have decrepid colds. Tina sounds like Ms Froggy. She didn't want to go to the DR. And she yells at me when I am sick...."go go go to the Dr's!"
Everyone is moping around like a bunch of Half rotted potatoes.
No one cooked! I didn't volunteer to cook anything, because I know they won't eat it. I'm not cooking to have it wasted, and flushed down the toilet.

I broke down, and put on a pot of chicken soup. :WitchBrewsSmiley: In the slow cooker overnight.
It smells good. I blanched and diced the two skinless and boneless thighs. That way, it doesn't turn into chicken strings. I throw like 6 spears of garlic in my soup. Whole!
Plus, a chopped tomato, and chunks of Romano cheese. Ummm!
Tina likes the fine egg noodles with her soup, and I like the wide noodles. The ones that won't stay on the spoon while eating and slurping! hahahahaha

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Air Fryer Chicken Breast on a bed of White Rice and under an Orange Sauce Drizzle, Cut Green Beans with 'Old' friends...

Chicken Breast, Orange Sauce.jpg

....Seen in a better light ...

IMG_7470.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Herb and lemon zest coated halibut filets with tomato butter (those are my home grown Everglades tomatoes). Sides are smashed tricolor new potatoes and broccoli.

Attachments

• 2019-03-11 18.40.43.jpg
    2019-03-11 18.40.43.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 169

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Couldn't pass up the bone-in pork loin roast at $1.18/lb. The whole roast cost me 4 bucks and change.

Half a potato and a quarter of acorn squash, but I couldn't finish that big chop.

Lee

Attachments

• Pork loin 1.JPG
    Pork loin 1.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Pork loin 2.JPG
    Pork loin 2.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 147

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Pasta with Sausage & Mushrooms - Salad is Lettuce, Red Onion, Radish & Black Olives...

Salad, Olive & Red Onion.jpg

Pasta with Sausage & Mushrooms.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night DD made stir fry with garlic sauce (I chopped all the veggies and marinated the chicken, she cooked it):

Eggplant
baby bok choy
mushrooms
onion
extra firm tofu
boneless/skinless chicken breast (marinated with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, shallot and my house spice blend)
Bean threads
Garlic sauce

No pictures.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday afternoon, my neighbor brought over a couple of her 'Crab Rangoon efforts.... never had it before, so cannot judge, but the real news is that She brought me about 3 oz. of lump crab that she had left over.............. just enough for an Omelet, I'm thinkin' ....:WitchBrewsSmiley:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I planned cheese steak sandwiches but .................. who knows.

Embryodad

Yesterday afternoon, my neighbor brought over a couple of her 'Crab Rangoon efforts.... never had it before, so cannot judge, but the real news is that She brought me about 3 oz. of lump crab that she had left over.............. just enough for an Omelet, I'm thinkin' ....:WitchBrewsSmiley:
Sounds good to me.....
I've done Kippered herring and eggs for breakfast a couple times, but only if I'm alone. The kids couldn't stand to smell the "fishy fishy" odor.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Sausage & Peppers (I know, Sausage two nights in a row, but that's necessary when you have defrosted a big rope ) , Fried Spuds, Buttery Corn w/ Hitch-hikers...

Sausage & Peppers 3-2019.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The rest of that pizza went to work with my DIL last night.
I'll make the meatloaf tonight as previously planned.
Gravy for the mash will be made of pan drippings and cream of chicken soup.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Now THERE's an idea that never came to this feeble mind....... Cream of ..... Soups for gravy !
:goodnight_smi:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made the meatloaf with oatmeal this time vs saltines or bread crumbs.
Homemade bbq sauce to top.
The pan gravy was delicious.

20190313_171401.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub was being a s***head. I didn't eat dinner. He had mac n cheese with tuna. Thinking about some eggs & maybe some flank steak. After he goes to work in an hour.