What have you eaten Sunday 6/23/2019 to Saturday 6/29/2019?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I will be going out to run errands later. Hopefully I'll be able to decide what's for dinner then. I need some inspiration at the moment.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What have you eaten Sunday 6/22/2019 to Saturday 6/29/2019?

Probably a cold cut combo from Subway on the way to work.
I just had a banana and v8 juice.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

DD suggested breakfast for dinner - sausage links, eggs, waffles, rye toast.

I feel like spaghetti with meat sauce (using leftover pot roast and mushrooms in the tomato sauce).

OR Pea soup (have smoked ham from Easter in freezer).

I guess time will tell which wins.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

Two Fat Drummies defrosting ; Squash to use up... Rice ??

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

DD is ordering Chinese. I'll may have a bit of this and that and maybe some of the leftovers in the fridge. Not that hungry.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Turns out Aimee made spaghetti in meat sauce.
I like the way she makes hers better than mine.
She seasons the ground beef with garlic, adds a can of tomato sauce, chopped fresh tomatoes and oregano.
Tossed all together.
I had a bowl but will still get Subway for tonight.
20190623_185529-768x768.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

DD is ordering Chinese. I'll may have a bit of this and that and maybe some of the leftovers in the fridge. Not that hungry.

I had a little of each - roast pork lo mein, roast pork fried rice. One fried wonton with peanut sesame sauce, Half an egg roll and half order of Edamame.

Embryodad

Tina threw the hint with placing a bag of meatloaf seasoning mix on the counter, and saying Mmmmmm... Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and Brown Gravy.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
..now THERE's a refreshing idea !
...... but if I follow the Warden's recipe, I'll have to
eat it for three days............:applause:

Embryodad

..now THERE's a refreshing idea !
...... but if I follow the Warden's recipe, I'll have to
eat it for three days............:applause:
This mix ( PA Dutch ) DW got in Lancaster, PA. It makes two loaves, but I will cut it in half. BTW LT, if you ever need gravy really quick. That Campbells Dark cream of mushroom soup and a 1/2 can of water, makes a delicious in a pinch gravy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
On the days I go food shopping I don't usually eat breakfast.
So it's Brunch I guess.

Rotisserie chicken (leg & breast meat) and a quarter of a salt bagel with a cream cheese and lox schmear.

brunch_chicken_lox_062419_IMG_5931.JPG

And DD had a small piece of Entenmanns Crumb cake and a small piece of ShopRite Peach Pie (I'll have mine later).

brunch_crumb_cake_peach_pie_062419_IMG_5934.JPG

Not sure what dinner will be yet. Many choices available. TBDL

Embryodad

Wife just got back from Surgery Center for a Nerve Block for her arm and hand.
She wished for meatloaf, so it's in the oven cooking now.

I'm just finishing a can of sardines, and a piece of stale bread to go with it for lunch.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had a small eye round steak, scrambled eggs and rye toast. I had my peach pie for dessert.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Craig made the short ribs yesterday, stock, mirepoix, red wine, tomato. Potato and parsnip mash. The short ribs were an Asian market purchase, $6 a pound.

Attachments

• 2019-06-24 18.38.24.jpg
    2019-06-24 18.38.24.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 183

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD and I are going to go to a new D Mart & a new H Mart on Thursday. Short ribs and spare ribs are top on my list. Also Lamb shoulder.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just catching up after returning from a week's beach vacation with Dad.

That spaghetti and meat sauce picture is making my mouth water, Sass!

Med, I love short ribs and have seen them in my Asian market, but I've been a little leery about buying them. Did you buy yours frozen?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lee.
We had more for dinner.
When Aimee makes anything pasta, rice or bean, she makes enough to feed an Army Lol
I've packed fruit and cheese and crackers to eat at work later, usually at 2am.
Sheesh.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Just catching up after returning from a week's beach vacation with Dad.

That spaghetti and meat sauce picture is making my mouth water, Sass!

Med, I love short ribs and have seen them in my Asian market, but I've been a little leery about buying them. Did you buy yours frozen?

Lee

Yes and vacu packed. We also picked up a huge slab of pork belly, probably 13-14 pounds.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
So, I formed a Single-Serve Meatloaf, Steamed some Sprouts w/ Pearls, Leftie Rice, and a Penne Pasta Salad...

Meat lof Mini.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
First thing I did when I got home this morning is sort out dinner for tonight.
Crock pot chicken, mash/gravy and spinach.
Easy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD worked late last night. When she got home she made butter chicken and rice. First time I’ve had it. Was pretty good. Hot and spicy but didn’t give me heartburn.

I picked up the seasoning packet at food store. Just cook chicken and onions. Add packet tomato sauce simmer, add cream simmer. Serve over rice. Quick easy meal. Only DD and I would eat this. The other two in the house are whimpys. LOL

I’ll buy it again.

14497928-A4A8-4499-9F11-ACDB44B684BF.jpg

I also started a batch of pickles.

Hub picked up two packages of the large Kirby cucumber/pickles - 8 pickles. I prepped 4 quart jars. I had to cut the cukes in half to fit. So 2 to the jar - 1 whole and 1 cut in half in each jar.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Made the salt loaf last night. Salt loaf? It was supposed to be Meatloaf, but that bag of seasoning mix, was like eating salt rocks. The roof of my mouth is burned from the salt. I told Tina, "No more meatloaf mixes!" Period!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think they have that butter chicken seasoning packs at Meijer, Peeps.
I'll be on the lookout for it.

Jimmy, I like McCormick's meatloaf season packets, also tried Lawry's or French's once.
McCormick's is the best in my opinion.
I found a no name brand at the dollar store before too. It was pretty darn good.
Can't recall the name though.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have Chili-o chili (with fresh onions, chili powder and cumin added) and brown rice cooking. I like to top mine with fresh grated Italian cheeses (reg Parmesan, pecorino Romano and Grana Padano).

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We're going to be eating late.

I went for a walk across town, then stopped off at church to take some pics of the outside, got a call, sat down on a street bench, came back home and realized I forgot to turn the crock pot on.
Lol
I'm thinking 8pm.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pasta salad with shelf stable cheese tortellini (though you could use the fresh ) with a cooked vinaigrette with red onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes with dijon and white wine vinegar added after coming off heat. Tossed wirh arugula and pecorino. Garlic croissants using Annie's croissants that have been in our fridge for a while. So, we went vegetarian and quick tonight.

Attachments

• 2019-06-25 17.25.56.jpg
    2019-06-25 17.25.56.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 125

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chili-o chili (with fresh onions, chili powder and cumin added) over brown rice. I like to top mine with fresh grated Italian cheeses (Parmesan Reggiano, Pecorino Romano cheeses & Grana Padano Parmesan. I like the combo of cheeses).

chili_062519_IMG_5939.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
After disappointing porterhouse steak, I decided to try a NY strip for the first time in ages. It was great!

Grilled and dilled carrots, and grilled Caesar salad. Great summer meal!

Lee

Attachments

• Strip steak.JPG
    Strip steak.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited: