What are we eating 9/25/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The chicken cutlets I put off till today.

Any ideas for your menu?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Cleaned out the freezer of chicken pieces-parts, and ended up with 5-1/2# of necks, back, legs & thighs. The soup has been going for 2-1/2 hours, and I just put whole wheat bread in the oven...the Italian bread is next. It's cooler here today, so chicken soup with chicken salad sammies on fresh bread already sounds good, and breakfast isn't even digested.:yum: I may even have soup for lunch. Now to decide if I want to make homemade noodles...gotta check to see what's in stock.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not sure what the first course is....possibly something with figs and the saga blueberry cheese I picked up.

Dinner is buttermilk fried rabbit with sauteed collard greens and mashed potatoes.

Apple pie, probably...for dessert. Unless I make a fig tart......:idea:

GotGarlic

We're going to a play tonight, so we're going out to dinner nearby first. There's a great Mexican-inspired restaurant near the theater. One of my favorite things on the menu is the chicken and shrimp stuffed mole poblano. I believe I've made my choice.

49.gif

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Comfort food on this chilly, GORGEOUS, Ohio day!
Chicken and dumplings with vegs.. but I was considering stuffed peppers as well, with mashed taties.
It'll be one or the other, then the other tomorrow lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that is a great dinner, verablue!

i should check if wholey has got rabbit monday; i wanna get seafood anyways.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chicken cutlets dredged in nicely seasoned flour and pan fried in grapeseed oil, lemon pan gravy, steamed acorn squash (mashed with butter, Ideal brown sweetener, sugar free maple syrup & ground cinnamon), mashed Red & Yukon potato (butter & sour cream) and tossed salad.

chicken_accorn_092510_P1060363.JPG

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
What a beautiful dinner, Peeps! I wish I were as inspired as you...Jerry suggested we go out to dinner and I jumped at the idea. We're going to our favorite taco place, Tacos Itzel. I'll have two tacos carne asada and Jerry'll have his regular enchilada con pollo. No cooking. No dishes. Yippee.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
What a beautiful dinner, Peeps! I wish I were as inspired as you...Jerry suggested we go out to dinner and I jumped at the idea. We're going to our favorite taco place, Tacos Itzel. I'll have two tacos carne asada and Jerry'll have his regular enchilada con pollo. No cooking. No dishes. Yippee.
Thank you Karen. I hope you have a wonderful night out.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
As does happen, I had a pretty busy day once I got moving.
Time gets away from me when I have the opportunity to have a long luxurious sleep-in on days off, then add laundry, cleaning and shopping, plus doggie in the park time, so the chix and dumplings never got made.
Instead, I had a nice hot steaming bowl of Amy's Lentil soup and some onion rolls from the deli. Added some minced garlic and tarragon to the soup.
It was delicious. :)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You're lookin' good Peepsie. It's scarf stuff from the fridge for me. I'm such a health nut. LOL

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
September2010086.jpg

September2010085.jpg

Spinach salad - caramelized red onions, bacon, candied walnuts, topped with blueberery saga
September2010084.jpg

Buttermilk fried rabbit, butternut squash infused mashed yukon gold potatoes, collard greens sauteed with granny smith apples

September2010088.jpg

Fig Shortcake
September2010089.jpg

Phiddlechik

Spaghetti. Used Italian sausage, diced onion, red pepper, zucchini, garlic, chili flakes and a can of 4 cheese s. sauce (you know, the one for .99 on the bottom shelf at the grocery store). I put it in the slow cooker after sauteing. Then we went for a walk up on the mountain, in a huge, old aspen grove and pine forest. Came home and just made up some garlic bread and boiled the noodles. Fab.

Attachments

• IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4203.jpg
    IMG_4203.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 93

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Phiddle, sounds like a lovely day. Your dinners looks delicious. Vera, how do you manage to put these beautiful meals on the table with all the work you have to do? The fig shortcake looks fabulous...I don't know how you do it, but keep doing it, OK? We all look forward to your pictures!