Walla Walla, WA

Johnny West

We went to Walla Walla for the weekend with oldest son, John A. and his wife, Meg. Meg is from Walla Walla and graduated from Whitman College so we had our own tour guide.

Friday night we dined at The Marc in the Marcus Whitman Hotel. It was quite good - I had the halibut and it was ok; the mrs had four lamb chops and she gave me two. We had a local pinot noir with dinner. There are only two makers of pinot noir and this one was excellent. He gets his grapes from Oregon. The wine maker has a shop across the street from the hotel and Saturday we stopped in a bought a few bottles to bring home.

Saturday night we ate at Saffron, a Turkish restaurant. I had the bison ribeye with a gratin potato with fontina cheese. The potato was the best I've had. The bison has some Mediterranean spices and was excellent as well.

Attachments

• #Marc Halibut.jpg
    #Marc Halibut.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 14
  • #Bison.jpg
    #Bison.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 14

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! Beautiful presentations!

Thanks for sharing with us, John.

Lee

Johnny West

They have several nice breakfast places downtown and the favorite was the Maple Counter Cafe - I had the basted eggs with thick smoke house bacon - added a side of bacon and two extra eggs. It held me till dinner. They all had bloody mary's but me as I was the DD.

Attachments

• #Maple Counter Breakie.jpg
    #Maple Counter Breakie.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11

Johnny West

The bloody mary's were good - I'll have to make my own later.

Attachments

• #Maple Counter BM.jpg
    #Maple Counter BM.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Son Larry is in Maine for a Marathon..... This is called an Apocolypse Now Burger...
from a place called the Nosh Kitchen Bar........

NOSH patty / American cheese / crispy pork belly / smoked bacon / foie gras paté / mayo / cherry jam / grilled brioche bun

Apocolyps Burger - Nosh Kitchen Bar -.jpg

Poutine with Curry Mayo ... at a place called "Duckfat"...

Poutine with Curry Mayo - Duckfat.jpg